07.07a: The Refreshment tables

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.07a: The Refreshment tables

Post by Wyvern »

"Helped?" Alys looks at Priscilla, and the (empty) goblet she's holding shatters in one hand. "It worked out that way, I suppose." She absently catches the fragments of glass before they can hit the ground and deposits the remains neatly where the servants can remove them. "But there wouldn't have been a problem if I'd been a bit more cautious." Alys seems about to continue that line of thought, before remembering that there are more people around than just Priscilla and deciding that whatever she was going to say shouldn't be overheard.

"As for the wine..." Alys shrugs, her thoughts still clearly on other topics, "I doubt there's enough on this table to do more than make me notice, so I suppose I should just accept your gracious offer."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Well for a more simple back rub there are plenty of chairs available. For a more complete experience however, my room is near enough. I have various oils and scents to enhance the experience, as well as tables for just this sort of thing. Besides it would get you away from here for a bit and, give your mind a chance to relax and regain focus."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

When the offer includes going somewhere private, Alys will snap back to attention - and Priscilla will likely get the very disconcerting feeling of being sized up by a predator who has suddenly considered the notion that she might, just might, represent a threat.

Then Alys shakes her head. "Not right now, at least. Too much going on here; Odin was particularly cryptic, and if anything more happens... I'd rather be close enough to act."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon exits the crowd, "Did someone mention backrubs?" He will walk up, and bow. "Oh I'm sorry Priscilla, I didn't mean to interrupt. I just thought I would say hello to the lovely lady who gave such a smashing demonstration of swordplay this morning." He will do that male-chauvinist bow with hand-kiss to Alys unless she would like to object. (Perhaps with claws.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys sees no reason to object to courtesy, with claws or otherwise. "A pleasure. I've heard you've a fair hand at such yourself?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"No problem." Priscilla responds failing to hide some level of disappointment. "As for swordplay. Is it true you're giving lessons Alys? If so I'd like to participate. If I'm to be aide to my lady Sadie I should be able to defend myself. I do have some experience from my time in the seal wars, but it's nothing compared to the things that go on here. Plus the weapons we were employing don't work real well in typical combat scenarios. Ever heard of a nar spear, or cuda bombs? How about a plank puller or a muzzle axe? Maybe a rudder breaker or ship stopper? All great if you're a bunch of seals engaged in naval warfare with a bunch of humans in warships. Otherwise more weird and awkward looking than anything."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Of course you may! I did say that was to be open to anyone willing to put in the effort to make this a better place - and if you're willing to take on the task of aide to Queen Sadie, I certainly think you qualify."

Anyone present with at least amber rank in psyche will probably note that Alys isn't familiar with the listed weapons - but took a moment to think about the set of nicely descriptive names, and what a seal can wield, and could probably now sit down and draw up usable designs for most of them.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I'll be there!" Smiles a heartwarming smile. "Is there some kind of salute I should be giving you? And title, do you have a title for these exercises? What kind of outfit should I wear, is there formal attire? Uniforms? Do you need uniforms? I could design uniforms if you'd like, can even quick tailor to more exotic individuals so we all match. I don't need to cut my hair do I? Because I don't think I'm willing to do that. But really do you need uniforms? I can and am willing to design great uniforms. And patches, you need patches and such that denote rank, status and achievements. But first basic uniforms and one special one for you since you're in charge. And hats, should they be uniforms with or without hats?"
Last edited by Sadie on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys laughs. "I appreciate your enthusiasm... but this is neither the time nor the place for it. Perhaps after the ball, or sometime tomorrow?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Either works for me. Oh and if you need anything else designed, my design room is open to you, as am I. The original offer still stands as well should you need to relax."