07.05g: The Drowned City

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.05g: The Drowned City

Post by Joshua »

"Yeah, but we don't know where you might fit. If you're just a princess or if you'll be..." He is trying very hard not to bang his head into a nearby wall. "Still, we can make pre-introductions. And bring you up to speed. It is nothing Asai would interrupt, if she wishes to join us."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"If it makes anyone involved feel any better, I still think some of the staff at Castle Amber originally thought I was some sort of exotic pet Dworkin had brought back, when I first arrived..." Asai will cheerfully chime in.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Not to offend Lady Sadie, but until we get confirmation from Dworkin, we won't be revealing the state secrets." He bows apologetically. "I can send a messenger... I will send a messenger as I'm sure Lady Ashara will want confirmation regardless. That will take perhaps an hour, we can give you a basic overview before he gets back. And introduce you to some major players. If you will be of Amber, they are all good ones to know if you will be involved here at all."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"No offense taken, is good to know you don't divulge such secrets so easily. Is a good start. I think I might have been most perturbed if you had started divulging such things merely because of the inference that I might be of this court, merely because I am like Dworkin and have been sent here. Especially as it is purely on my word. As for introductions I would be delighted to meet others here and be brought up to speed minus any top secret information of course."

Looks to Asai. "Say, I wonder how they would have reacted had I shown up in my true form, barked in greeting at them, and wagged my tail happily?"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"If you hadn't been accompanied by someone capable of talking, possibly a towel and an offer of food or the likes. You might well just have been someone's pampered and enchanted pet," Asai grins at this point, "but you might also be Someone of Importance hoping to catch them off-guard like we seem to have done so somewhat unintentionally." She turns to the guards at this point and says, in a somewhat apologetic tone of voice that is slightly spoiled by the mischievous glint in her eyes, "I really would have sent ahead if I had any notion I was going to be bringing a possible recruit along but I didn't know until I was en route and at that point it would have given the game away and I was curious to see how Sadie would react."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Lead the way gentlemen. I am anxious to meet this Ashara."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The path into the city is relatively dry. There are plenty of air sections and the guards send out two runners on the way. There's some commotion as attendants are summoned and various rose petals are starting to appear on the path. You seem to be walking to the air-breathers throne room. The walkway gets wider, made of nicer marble, and the coral that occasionally interrupts becomes more and more blended into the design. After about ten to twenty minutes, you come to a ornate set of double-doors, sculpted out of the largest coral you're likely to have seen.

They open into a huge chamber with a handful of hastily assembled members of Rebma's court. A handful of merfolk, some fish-people (Sahuagin or people of the black lagoon), most are wearing those lose-fitting silk dresses and outfits. A handful took the time to put on more complex garb, and there's plenty of coral and other jewelry.

On a raised platform opposite the entrance there is a pair of metal-wrought green-copper and gold thrones set with pearls of various hues, black, white and a giant purple one at the top of the ruler's throne.

The steward is a very elfin looking nymph, wearing a very formal white dress, and a headdress that accentuates the pointed ears and gill-like structures on her head. She bows and walks across the room to greet you both. "Greetings and welcome to Rebma visitors from Amber. I am Ashara, steward of Rebma."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie bows as well. "My name is Sadie and it is an honor my lady. I feel compelled to note that I love what you've done with the place." Looking around with a smile, tail wagging slightly.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure, but putting the pieces together my conclusion is, that I have been sent here by Dworkin to introduce myself to the house within which I will be some form of royalty. As to what my position would be I'm not entirely sure."

"I hope my presence here is not taking too much away from the preparations, I understand we are hosting a ball tonight. I must admit having never been to one myself, in fact I'm not even sure, other than dancing takes place there, what a ball looks like. Well other than the kind you throw, I know those very well. So I will most definitely leave this entirely in your very capable hands."

"If you have any more knowledge on my purpose being here, ideas, suspicions, or the like, I would be delighted to hear them. Otherwise... get me someone to help me prepare for this ball so I don't make a complete fool of myself... and a dress, a very lovely dress... I want to look my best in case a certain someone shows up..."

*Of note I am aware that the humor Sadie has displayed is very low brow and not properly dignified for where she is and the situation she is in. Sadie, however, is not similarly aware. Same is likely true if/when this occurs in future occasions.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"On the subject of balls and throwing, I do believe the phrase 'throwing a ball' works for events as well as recreation." Asai gives Sadie a cheerful wink. "And now that you are in capable hands here, I believe I shall take my leave for the nonce. There are things elsewhere that want doing, some of which I might even know about beforehand, and at some point I ought to get prepared for tonight as well." She rises up onto her hind legs and offers her hand to Sadie to shake once more, then with a bob of her head in farewell trots back the way they had come, back towards the surface.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie takes Asai's hand. "It's been a pleasure, see you again soon. Maybe I'll know my position then. I'm betting some kind of guardian or something. Like a knight, I have primarily served as an officer or in rescue, so it makes sense. If you have a bet, make it now. I claim knight as my bet."

Turns back to the others... "I will admit I'm feeling a bit worried about this eye currently. It will hopefully heal eventually but I can't imagine an eye-patch going over so well with any kind of formal gown... Please tell me you're capable of performing miracles and can make this work."