Ninjas

Play by post Amber game, now in progress
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: Ninjas

Post by coldcandor »

Plumber came and went, basement is drained. Now I just have lots of cleaning to do... On the bright side, there shouldn't be anything damaged that I cared about, and the drain clear cost was a whopping 92.50 after tax. Sounds like something I'll need to do once every 1-2 years, though without the flooding if I actually go in the basement regularly in the future.
Solten
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Yay! Manged to get a couple posts in. Now I disappear into the deep, dark (well actually it's pretty well lit), dank basement for the rest of the day.
Solten
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Moved everything that was on the floor in the basement into a pile, squeegied the whole thing, mopped it down with a heavy bleach solution, let that sit, rinsed it with a big helping of clean water, squeegied it all again. Whew. Now to just dry it out... Oh, apparently I set the fan up at the wrong angle, and ended up blowing exhaust from the furnace into the room before it could get sucked up the vent, so my CO alarm went off at 3:30 am, and I had to spend 3-4 hours talking to the FD, waiting outside for them to sweep the house, then doing the same with the more precise sweep by the National Fuel folks. Then vented the house for another hour. Oh, and it was between 0 and 3°F last night.

I feel like I'm in one of those DirecTV commercials... "Don't spend the night barely dressed talking to firefighters on the coldest day of the season. Switch to doing your laundry regularly today!"
Solten