Staff Fighting Styles

Discussion about the game: rules, character descriptions, questions, etc
jaf
Mostly Sane

Staff Fighting Styles

Post by jaf »

ok a few question for the future develpment of my caracter ( lafayette d' mascara).
As you know my caracter uses a staff ( actually is a sword cane) there are 2 combat merits i wish to learn they are fencing or quarter staff style, are these posible to learn in game if yes, then how?
another thing my caracter posses obfuscate 1 if i want to further develop 2 and 3 i need a teacher or i can advance it by myself?
thx, to all
joel feria
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Rules Changes

Post by Joshua »

Let's start with the mechanics:
Staff Fighting and Fencing should be approved.
Moulinet (Fencing 4) might be toned down. (My guess is it would double damage dealt up to dexterity, instead of adding dexterity to damage.) I'll run it past Brian.

Generally, Fighting styles require some kind of teacher. In game, there are a few people who have such merits. Specifically, Crane from Buffalo knows Staff Fighting, and Count Zahl from Ithaca not only has fencing but also uses a sword cane. Actually, most of the elders could know fencing.

Out of clans normally requires some training. The first level normally requires a trait of blood from someone who has it in clan. Some out of clans (such as the physical disciplines) can be researched without a teacher. It is much easier to learn them with a teacher though.

Which brings us to the merit you have on your sheet: Mentor.
Any of the above can easily be taught by a mentor. Just help us figure out who your mentor is, and they are there to help your character learn and to give the character training.