Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:14 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Two days later, three people show up, simply teleporting in to wherever Gregor is at.

These are Theodin, Malika, and Nemone.

"Before we finish this," Malika says, "I'd like to see what sorts of defenses you have set up."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:24 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

gregor wil rush forward and put one hand on Theodins shoulder andgrip his other in a handshake. " good to see you" His mouth will break out in a wide smile.

He will give a deep bow to ladyMalika. "my Queen"

Finally he will nod his head in respect to Nemone. "My lady"

"I have made some form of agreement with all the local lizard man tribes. In fact being able to open up trade with iron and other metals would only strengthen them. In addition we have a dozen elementals of varying types moving around and refitting what they can of the temple. the air and water elementals would be able to let me know of anything aproaching and I have an Orb of storms to soften them before they hit. Most of my current defenses revolve around keeping any numbers of individuals invading the temple in small numbers allowing the elementals to dispose of them easilly. Between Thirwin, vorel, myself and the 2 lizardmen form the tribe to north We have quite a few powerful individuals ready to repel an attack. In addition we have some priests training to artemis and others as well as a small dragon who is quite the wizard. Allow me to show you around and introduce you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:22 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Vorel nods as she is introduced.

Malika asks, "Vorel, I understand you reached third rank in your guild?"

Vorel nods again.

"And how well do your skills translate to the kind of mass combat an attack against this place would likely involve?"

Vorel shrugs. "Not as well as I might like for this assignment - but better than most of my compatriots; I don't rely on poisons or other limited use tactics. You will have to excuse me if I do not elaborate further."

Malika nods, and turns back to Gregor. "You will have to be somewhat cautious with trading; people expect some transit ability from a powerful arcanist, but any form of permanent portal is far too vulnerable to sabotage or assault. Which, incidentally, is why that's not what we're going to be building. Instead," she gestures at the staff Nemone is carrying, "We have a device that converts existing spell energy into a basic form of teleportation. It will, however, require beacons at both ends to function properly, particularly given the... local interference."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I agree, a permanent portal would not be wise until Orkathel is a well established city capable of fully defending itself without the use heroes. I will take a couple years until my people are independent minded enough and trained enough for me to be comfortable with that. How much energy will be required to power the portals and will it just take the energy straight from spells memorized or some other source?"

Last edited by Gregor on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:48 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Nemone answers your question, "It will consume the energies of a prepared spell of equivalent power to teleport. However, this function can be used at most three times in any given twenty-four hour period. We can cover the exact details of its operation later, when we set up the local beacon."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"very well, I would recommend one of the central halls for this. They are not exposed and are big enough for a fairly large set of people. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:25 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The tour takes about two hours, and setting up the teleportation beacon (and getting the staff attuned to Gregor) takes another four - mostly due to Epsilon and Nemone ending up in a long discussion on the magic theory of teleportation.

Tegrar and Isthra are exceptionally distrustful* of the presence of humans (a category into which they lump both Malika and Nemone), but otherwise the tour goes without noteworthy incident.

"Alright, then," says Nemone, at the end of constructing the local beacon. "Let's make sure this whole thing works the way it ought to. Gregor, if you would be so kind as to take us all back to Targrove?"

_____
* They are also willing to listen to explanations of why they shouldn't distrust these "humans". They may not believe the explanations - yet, anyway - but they're willing to listen, and wait, and watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

during the 4 hours of waiting

"Tegrar and Isthra these people have shown me nothing but respect while a grew up and afford the most fair treatment of my people. I would take some time and get to know them before you make any judgements about them."

At the completion "Alright everyone time to head to Targrove"

A very large toothy grin will stretch across Gregor's face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The teleport takes you to a stone-walled room - presumably a basement of some kind, given that the only exit is a staircase going up. Malika vanishes almost instantly upon your arrival, presumably returning to whatever it is that she normally does.

"Well, here we are," says Theodin. "This place is fairly well hidden from this side; if you're trying to move anything big you'll probably need to use the third teleport on that staff just to get it here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:59 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"excellent Theodin can I talk to you in private for a while?"

*once they're alone*

"So the assasin's guild has gone from not taking out contracts on me to outright offering me their support. Any idea what I have that the void wants or why they want to support me."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 712 Next