Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1114 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:43 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Ametrine: You've entered a hallway; it extends for a fair distance in either direction; doors line its sides at roughly twenty meter intervals, four on each side. At either end, you can see wide sweeping spiral staircases that go both up and down. Nobody is in sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:13 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby blinks.

"I'm sorry, Eileen, I'll have to speak with you later. There is a yellow dragon that needs catching at the moment. He is a rather impetuous fellow...."

Willoughby glides into the hallway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:28 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Assuming that Mr. Willoughby assumes that Ametrine knows how to get to the dining hall, Ametrines hides against the ceiling rafters, hoping that Mr. Willoughby will lead him to the it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:18 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby is tremendously amused by the sight of Ametrine clumsily attempting to hide from him. It's not a bad try, for someone untrained in the art of stealth, but there's a reason why training is necessary.

Against his better judgment, Willoughby finds himself muttering, "Hm. No way to discern his route. I must attempt to turn aside the most precarious of the possible scenarios..." He hurries to the staircase at the end of the hallway, and begins to descend it. How will Ametrine handle this situation, he wonders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:18 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Giggling far too loudly to himself, Ametrine follows Mr. Willoughby as silently as a snickering dragon can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The next floor down has a slightly more complicated structure - a corridor heads off, looking much the same for the first few doors' worth of length, and then it forks.

From off in the distance, you can hear faint cries of "Stop, Thief!", and "After it!", and "Whee!", accompanied by the sound of running feet.

There is a pair of guards stationed at the entrance to this level. They seem as yet oblivious to both Ametrine and the noises from elsewhere on this floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Oh my, what species of trouble has Ametrine discovered now?"

Willoughby takes the fork in the corridor which appears to lead towards the commotion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Two corners later, you come upon the source of the commotion (though, by the sound of it, the pursuing guards are still some distance away.)

A raven-headed sphinx, roughly housecat sized, is careening down the corridor towards you, black wings flapping madly. Clutched in her paws is a golden scepter set with rubies.

She pauses a few feet from Mr. Willoughby, hovering in midair. "Huh. You look familiar. Have we met before?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:57 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"I'm afraid I don't recall such a meeting."

Willoughby eyes the sphinx with restrained interest.

"I apologize for the brusque nature of the question, but I cannot refrain from asking it: what, exactly, are you doing?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:03 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Talking to you! Why, what did you think I was doing?"

The sound of pursuing guards is getting closer; you can't have much more than a dozen seconds before they round the corner.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1114 Next