Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:36 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The site you landed at appears to be ordinary swamp. Of the huts your magic spotted, there is no sign. Of course, this is to be expected - until you actually interact with the illusion, you're not going to see through it.

Your declarations are, perhaps unsurprisingly, met with a salvo of crossbow bolts. These seem a bit more accurate than the ones fired by the scouting party, and you aren't able to spot any of your attackers this time.

Of course, they still fail to do more than bounce off you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

*gregor will pull out and cast on ofthe scroll of protection from missiles +1*
He will then sit indian stle and hold out his gifts unless he begins to be seriously hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:14 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The barrage continues, to little effect. A few bolts do eventually strike squarely enough to draw blood, but the injuries are minor, and the poison (at least so far) completely ignorable.

After a few seconds, you can start to pick out inconsistencies in your surroundings, and within a few more seconds the illusion covering the lizardfolk village fades from your view.* And thus, you can actually see it when a single wizened old lizard steps out of one of the huts and demands, "What is going on out here?"**

_____
* You can, of course, still see where the illusion was, if you focus on it.
** In draconic. This is also the first lizard you've actually seen at the village; presumably any non-combatants went indoors or otherwise out of sight when the shooting started, and before you had actually gotten to be able to see through the illusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:34 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"My apologies. I believe I may have startled your village guard. I came to pass a gift to your village leader as well as negotiate. I have cleansed the Sun lion's temple, gotten rid of Taingrethylmune and I wish to form a city at the temple site for my people. This requires good relations with the local tribes. How may I start these discussions?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:54 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The lizard gestures, and a second lizard appears and takes the gifts you offered.

"I will take your words before the council. We will let you know what is decided. For now, you should leave."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:57 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Should you choose to send a messenger to the temple, they will be well recieved. If you prefer I come back and check on your answer simply let me know the time and place. Thank you!"

*gregor will give him a minute to respond and then take off*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:58 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The elder lizard simply turns and walks back to her hut. The younger one follows, holding the daggers you offered as if they might bite him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:10 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Gregor will give the Lizardman tribe 2 days to respond. If they do not Gregor will grab a +1 longsword and tower shield and head out tothe tribe up north, this time stopping at what he percieves to be there borders."

Last edited by Gregor on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin will offer to go along. And suspects he might be able to help with the first tribe after hearing of what occurred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:25 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I think help would be good. Especially if you can pull of sneaking in and showing that particular skill. That being said I should allow them to respond, before trying again."

Last edited by Gregor on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next