Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 pm It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 916 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 pm 
Needs a Guide

Hatcher sighs, and says "I really hoped the Winterwyld weren't involved, and that there was some other explanation. It appears my destination and yours are the same, then.” After a short pause for contemplation, he adds “I do, in fact, know a way to find them. However, I cannot guarantee the path we take will be terribly direct. I believe that I will be of assistance once we get there, though.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "Well then, lead the way." Three large wolf-like creatures appear from the foliage, one of which is bipedal, and other who's for flickers and blurs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 pm 
Needs a Guide

And so, Hatcher pulls out his map and leads the way*. After a short pit stop, presumably to explain his plan to his half-sister, the journey saunters on. (well, it picks up in speed later, but starts out as a saunter) The journey takes many a twist and turn, most of the time Hatcher staring at his map intently (It’s a wonder he doesn’t hit a tree, or something), and many a strange twist, also. Who would have thought a desert would be between the middle of a mountain and the top? In fact, deserts are flat, and mountains are not, so something has definatly gone wrong. (From anyone else’s point of view anyway)

A short aside, here, in the desert Hatcher needs to switch cloaks, so it is possible to make out a few more details, like his scimitar (clearly weapon of choice), Blue dragonhide armor (probably a gift from a relative), among other things.

However, soon enough, you reach a foreboding cave. Well, not too foreboding, though the icy stalactites meant to look like teeth on the top mouth of the cave don’t help. (Probably some fey’s idea of a joke) As you traverse deeper into the cave, ice begins to cover most of the walls, except one spot where someone has drawn a smiley face on the wall by removing the ice and putting in… something translucent and pinkish. And with that, Hatcher turns around and says “Well, we seem to be here. But, where's the welcoming party?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Right behind you," says the sphinx* that, quite literally, wasn't there a moment ago.

"Hm..." she adds, looking at Hatcher, "At least you lot should prove more entertaining than the last group of adventurers..."

_____
* This is one of those odd varipedal sphinxes that, somehow, manages to function equally well in quadrupedal and bipedal modes. Currently, though, she's settled in standard cat meatloaf position, blue-white wings folded neatly against her tawny yellow-brown body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:09 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "We're looking for the Winterwyld, where are they?" Said more as an order than a question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:31 pm 
Needs a Guide

“So,” says Hatcher with a bit of a smirk*, “I’m pleased you find us entertaining, though entertainment is not our primary purpose for being here. I’m afraid that my task is time sensitive, so, unless you are the winterwyld’s ‘welcoming party’, I’m afraid we cannot linger too long.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:01 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Time is an illusion. You should know that." She pauses, with a thoughtful expression, and adds, "Or did I explain that later?"

"If you wish to view a particular illusion, though, that can be arranged."*

Then she turns her attention to Maya.
"The Winterwyld, hm? As a place or state of being or set of individuals, that or they lie in every direction but past me. Was there someone or something in particular you seek?"

_____
* There will, of course, be a cost. There's always a cost. You know that. Nothing is ever free when you're dealing with fey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm 
Lunatic

"I seek information on my parents, I'm told they knew them, they being the people." There is a slight growl to her voice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:37 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Then you'll want to start with either the Court or the Archivist. I'd offer to show you the way - but you have nothing I want now, and I do not care to bet on you surviving the encounter you seek."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:39 pm 
Needs a Guide

“Well, I suppose a guide would be useful… But… what can I trade…” mumbles Hatcher. “Ah yes,” with some counting on his fingers, he adds, “I still have… 4 left.”

In a more regular voice he says (declares?), “I suppose we could use a guide, I’m not sure my map covers the many nuances of this area. I’m prepared to offer you an invite to my half-sister’s wedding in exchange. As you can see from the photo, it promises to be… interesting, at least. Though, you may need to help my cause for this ticket to be worth its maximum value.” Hatcher awaits a (hopefully favorable) response.

[ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 916 Next