Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 820 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:34 am 
Lunatic

"I think the mention of Coyote was just a reference, like how someone might say, 'His work is like so-and-so's' rather than, 'This is his work.' Or at least that's the impression I get. And no, little definitive I can add, other than the white dragon's perhaps more powerful than we'd thought."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:07 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"If only I believed that." Stewart's ears droop flat and he sighs. "Moving along then?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The rats, sensing impending departure, scurry for their respective backpacks. Eenyrl sighs, and makes sure he once again has a solid hold on that piece of rope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:50 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin gets settled, "Well, if it's any consolation, my gods do not want you to be tainted by Tycho. That goes for you too Stewart. Maybe we should burn those letters?" He debates summoning the elemental and letting it carry the gnoll... but figures there's some level of humiliation in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:19 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Good point." Stewart pulls his letter out in one hand and stares at it while paper materializes in the other. He checks the duplicate against the original one last time before it bursts into flame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:15 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora pulls her letter back out and gives it a troubled look as she fishes out a scrap piece of parchment. "If Tycho manages to sink his claws into me I doubt it will be because I still carry his letter but if it will make you feel more comfortable..." Much the same result arises from Aurora's actions, though in her case the second paper enlarges rather than materializes and the flame that consumes the original engulfs her entire hand without any sign of injury. She shakes the dust off, and tucks the copy back into a waist pocket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The remainder of the trip is as uneventful as can be expected for a trek through an amalgamation of conjoined dreamspaces.

Eventually you reach at least more or less your destination, and shift back to reality. You're in a swamp; gnarled trees claw skywards, and the fetid gray-green water comes up to your ankles. There is no particular sign of any paths, or any dry locations, either, though a few muddy hillocs protrude above the general water level.

Insects of all varieties abound. It's probably a safe bet that some of them bite.

On the other hand, there are no creatures within sight more dangerous than the bugs; this might be considered a good sign.

The rats poke their noses out of the backpacks for a few moments, and then retreat again before the bugs can really get to them. Eenyrl hunkers in a bit, but seems to be happier dealing with insects than dreams. Luma simply stands and looks around, apparently unbothered by such trivialities as mosquitos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:12 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin casts a simple repel vermin spell. Did he mention people love clerics in a party? "So, if you want... hypothetically, Ikaria might be willing to do a 'backup' or perhaps a binding to make sure that you have more of a chance. Some extra defenses." He shrugs, realizing how totally insane that must sound.

In the real world, he starts running Gimbal the rat through some thief training exercises. Mostly acrobatics and a discussion of backstabbing and hiding in shadows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:17 am 
Lunatic

Rather than splash through the water Aurora seemingly stands on top of it, the surface dimpling slightly under her weight. The lack of wildlife sounds around her only fails to make her uneasy because she already knows of at least one large predatorial sort in the neighborhood. "Nice neighborhood. How much scouting around do we want to do before we settle in for the night? Locating the temple would be a good thing obviously, but if we locate the temple it's possible what might be in the temple will locate us and that may or may not be a good thing especially so late in the day." She glances sideways at Thirwin. "And what on earth do you mean by 'backup' or 'binding' anyhow?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:38 am 
Lunatic

"A lock on your soul, to prevent it from being ripped out or forcibly altered. At the least, an alarm to get someone fighting on your side if it comes to God vs God combat. Maybe a soul-clone but that's a bit beyond some of the rituals I know."

He grins and shrugs, "So, uh I don't suppose one of you 'not-mages' can summon us a Secure Shelter for the night? in a few hours, of course..."

[ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 820 Next