Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC-04:00

[ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 626 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:49 pm 
Lunatic

"And equally well out of ours, apparently. Airships don't fall out of the sky everyday and if this place is as accessible as a bottomless pit you might as well torch the ship instead."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:12 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"No, it's rather resistant to fire. It's old and powerful, but also very defiantly claimed by someone else. Dumping it in the pit, as you put it, isn't a bad idea and rather effective."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:56 pm 
Lunatic

"I was speaking as much figuratively of fire as I was literally. Go ahead and store the ship in this null. I expect the Empire will be nosing after us anyhow, ship or no, and I've apparently died once already so maybe I can retrieve the ship if need be and make it time number two." The last bit is said with a rueful half-grin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:22 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Well... If we can find anything else to do with it, I personally would prefer that..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:37 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"You ruining my fun for a change, Luma? Oh well." Stewart's ears twitch as he thinks. "I can't think of any safe way to claim it. Getting someone to use Dimension Lock until the teleportation area can be significantly altered is the best I can think of. Burying it is probably the best way to hide it while making it simple to recover."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:38 pm 
Lunatic

"Well, if it were somewhat smaller to begin with I could turn it into something one of us could hide in a pocket. It's possible I could get the spell to work on the ship as it is - I've never changed something this large but I'll admit I've not have opportunity to try before."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:09 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Creation, not alteration, is my domain. But I doubt anything simple like Shrink Item would work on something of this power, although I wouldn't stop anyone who had it from trying. I see no reason an attempt to shrink or alter it would be harmful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:54 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora eyebrows furrow, and she wanders over past Stewart to the controls of the ship. The look she gives them could be described best as either that of a predator watching the hole a prey went to ground in that the hunter knows has no other exit or that of someone searching for a needle in a stack of hay. Probably more the former, given Aurora's personality. The spellcaster isn't particularly materialistic, having had to cut and run numerous times in the past to save her skin, but even had Null not mentioned she might be needing an airship in the future Aurora likely still would have tried to keep from sending the ship into this unknown planar vault - after all it isn't everyday one gets the chance to acquire a ship of this sort and one never knows when such a thing could be useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:00 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The controls, at first glance, seem needlessly complicated. At second glance, they seem deliberately over-complicated. Still... if you were designing an airship, you'd activate its privacy and security systems using that little rotary doohicky around the left arm of the throne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:45 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora calls over her shoulder, "I think this won't blow anything up, but if you want to vacate the airship feel free." After a short pause to double check her beliefs, she touches the controls.

[ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 626 Next