07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08c: The Loneliest Breakfast

Post by Wyvern »

OOC: I'd imagine it'd take psyche to work out the source of surprise, rather than warfare? Otherwise looks good, and - if psyche is more the relevant stat than warfare - means Alys will probably be talking to Solten a bit later... operating on the assumption that he's got just automatic shapeshifting and has somehow failed to notice this. ^.^
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall smiles. " Well an unprepared or incautious individual sounds far too much like me, so I think I will leave this little project to far more capable hands than mine. I am quite certain that I can find enough to keep me entertained here."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin has not let up on the dark tendrils and the total eclipse... He has been listening and shrugs, his demeanor returning to the older man. "Perhaps... Our powers would be much more even a match... walking would be through more random, and there would be less control. The logrus they may regain... here when it touches pattern, I expect it would be harmed, there we would be harmed... Most environments are the same air, but some would require change."

He shakes his head, "Yes, this was less effective than I thought..." He will head back to the throne and allow the tendrils to pull back into themselves. "It is strange, but you are starting to get it."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall, sensing a lull in the meeting, stands up. "If you will all excuse me for a moment." He walks over, grabs more coffee and some food and returns to the table.

"Was there more that needed to be said on the subject at the moment? If not, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could inform me about what has happened since our little fracas with Odin's...associate. ...and was there not supposed to be some form of trial? Have I missed that?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"You've only been gone 10 hours..." Dworkin responds.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall chuckles. "Ten hours...six months...I doubt that I shall ever get used to that."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"The only thing I know you've missed, is this," Alys will hand Nuall a copy of Sadie's proclamation. "Though Dworkin asked that the topic be 'shelved for later' - presumably once we're done discussing 'matters of Pattern'."

"As for things you may have missed... there was an attempt to steal a trump card by... let's call it 'Legion'; a seemingly multifaceted possessing force that used Oagthach as a distraction, and apparently wishes to be considered a god." Alys' tone carries a distinct hint of disdain at the end; it's clear that she thinks rather little of such claims of divinity.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin's voice returns to the hard edge. "Logrus was able to alter or destroy whole realities. Pattern can destroy, alter, or create them, if you know how. People will refer to you as a god if you start doing these things. Best to make peace with that now." He sighs, "I suppose you do not wish a demonstration of the destruction of a world..." He looks up at the sun, still in the eclipse. "Someone saw when..."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"People refer to you as a god if you choose for them to by accepting the term yourself and do nothing to correct them. If you allow a people to refer to or believe you to be a god you are weakening them and potentially deluding yourself in a way that can lead to very bad decisions and feelings of self worth. Get used to it? No I shall not "get used to it" instead when and where I can I will prefer to lift the curtain if you don't mind oh great and mighty Oz. If people are instead taught the truth, when an enemy with such power shows themselves they will not be so easily swayed by their "godliness" and will more likely fight back or seek help from those of us who have shown respect for them as a people rather than choosing to lord power over them and trick them will lies."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Dworkin was about to do this before, but the conversation got away... well, it's back..)

A giant eye looms out from behind the throne ringed by tentacles... those flat shadow tendrils lash out, apparently through the walls and reality. "Logrus can be used to battle, and those without power simply lose to it." He stands up, "Mental touch from a tendril, physical invulnerability that no sword can turn aside, the ability to summon anything from anywhere." He will stand taller, literally, now about 6 feet from his normal 4' and change. "Pattern can stop it, a strike at the user will stop it, but at best, your people are fodder to counter the summons, things like... this!"

One of the tendrils will retract, dropping a rather large fire-breathing dragon into the room. At initial glance, he looks like a perfect copy of what Sadie and the others fought although he's been clearly abused. his wings have been ripped apart by blades into unusable shreds. The fire breathing he was able to do is impossible as he seems to have a hole in his neck where a hollow metal tube has been stabbed. Long claw marks mark his scales and the tip of his tail has been removed. He takes one look at Sadie, eyes going wide and it wheezes, whimpers and pathetically (for something 10 feet+ tall) attempts to scuttle back into a corner (and through the wall). He seems to be begging for mercy, but is unable to vocalize that with the hole in his neck.
(OOC: there is no dragonfear aura in Amber...)

Dworkin will lose his dominant pose again... "That's not what I wanted..." The eye and tendrils will retract as the eclipse stats to end. "That was just an example, one afraid of her wasn't what I was looking for this time..." Dworkin will look apologetically around the room, "You get the idea though, right?"