07.05e: Waiting Room

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.05e: Waiting Room

Post by Joshua »

(This scene assumes that at some point Sadie makes it to Castle Amber. A not-unreasonable assumption.)

The waiting room in the castle is a small seating area off the side of the main foyer. It has a number of bookshelves with an eclectic mix of novels, science reference and magazines from a dozen or more different worlds. (Most are in languages you can sorta read.) There are several comfortable chairs and a few potted plants. Several doors exit the room, one of which seems to open into a wardrobe. In addition, an old style bell and servant call are on the wall nearby. Natural light is filtered into the room through some kind of skylight/mirror system set into the ceiling.
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.05e: Waiting Room

Post by Sadie »

Sadie enters the room and seeing it empty takes some time to sniff around the room in detail. It's a waiting room lots of interesting scents. Gets a bit lost in the act and may even be caught on hands and knees sniffing a potted plant or something if someone enters. If not will eventually take a seat in one of the comfy chairs.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

A gray elf in a purple military jacket and leather pants (purple leather is hard to find!) with a ceremonial hidden sword. (He has been wearing it since last night and has neither slept nor sweated in it.) The elf smiles as he enters the room and bows to the odd lady sniffing the plants. "Well, I'd say that's a new one, but I did catch Dworkin doing the same thing last week." He offers a hand to help you up. "I'm Darnell, and I heard tell you were new here."

(As a reeminder, Darnell is wearing this in vibrant purple and with elf-ears and a sword-cane. Well, more a sword-band-leader-baton.)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie accepts the hand and takes a quick sniff of it as she's being helped up. "Um... not used to this form and... there are lots of interesting scents here, many I don't even begin to recognize. I'm Sadie, it's a pleasure to meet you... I mean Arrrrr." She jokes slightly blushing a bit at the whole awkwardness of the scene. "Wait did you say you caught Dworkin doing the same thing?" Tilting her head curiously. "Do you paint often?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He is unusual and quite dangerous. Or at least random. Most don't understand what he can do." He shrugs. "Still, if you're respectful, he's tame. You've come at an odd time. A festival celebrating Dworkin's creation of this place. Still, if he is meeting with you, I'd like to understand you. I am a student of all kinds of beauty."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"All kinds of beauty you say? That's interesting. How do you define all kinds of beauty? Is a toad beautiful? A hag? Surely it is to someone. Am I beautiful? I still maintain a few burns from my recent encounter with a dragon, and have an eye patch to cover my eye that has yet to and may not return. I am also both dog and human. Am I exotic, or is it off putting to you?" Is wagging tail slightly clearly enjoying engaging in a non somber activity and having fun with her new found language abilities. "So are you a student to all things you find beautiful, or do you look deeper and try to find the beauty in all things even those most would find grotesque?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will produce his sketchbook and offer it to you. There are a number of sketches within it of various members of court. A number of traditional pictures of elves and fae are mixed in with rather horrific looking orcs, trolls and sea monsters. None are drawn to emphasize that, instead referencing uniqueness and areas of interest. They are intended to be interesting and enjoyable to look at, although some might describe them as macabre.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Is sad, there is much with color I am sure I can neither see nor appreciate. Even more sad it is rare to find an artist that can truly paint a picture with scents not that I would expect it mind you.. From what I can see, however, you seem to be the latter rather than the former on beauty. I am most impressed your words are not false at least not purposely so. I do have a question for you, however, when was the last time you appreciated the scent of a rotting carcass lying in the sun for days, or, perhaps a freshly laid pile of pungent feces?" Wagging tail more now, clearly having too much fun big grin on her face.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I must say, that is beyond my current interests. I do avoid still life, but have been known to do landscapes. There is much that people would want links to, but I can't say I've been asked to capture the essence of such a thing." He is good at making small talk, and will attempt to elevate the conversation to food or something a little more interesting to himself.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie will let the talk dissolve into other things, but does take a moment to weave a picture of words describing what he misses that she sees from the two aforementioned things. That the beauty that lies in them is the story they tell and weave. How from one you might determine how they died, what health they were in, who might have killed them, how long they suffered, and who has been along to partake of the carcass and what lives have now been extended due the death of said carcass. If one wished one could possibly follow the trail back and learn more of the bodies last moments in life, or from there perhaps learn of some of the predators and scavengers that reside in the area. How from the other one can learn diet, health, who left it. Much like before you gain pictures into the life before the event you see. How she knew he was a painter when he gave her his hand and she smelt of it for but a moment. She paces and mentions how several hours ago a person paced nervously in this exact spot, sat down, got up and paced again. She rattles off a few of the things he ate from last night, and after a bit of calculation rattles off a rough estimate of the number of individuals who have been in this room over roughly the last day and includes how many she recognizes as human.

"But still I wonder, what does a rainbow really look like?"