07.05d: Back at the Waterfront

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.05d: Back at the Waterfront

Post by Joshua »

It's a little before noon (somewhere between "Can I show up in that scene?" and "Do we have time to do this before tonight?"), when four individuals appear on one of the less-used docks on the waterfront amid a flash of color. Almost no one pays attention to the new arrivals, perhaps people are just that jaded. Oddly, there is a carriage standing by, and the driver does start with a look of "the old man was telling the truth" on his face.
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.05d: Back at the Waterfront

Post by Sadie »

Sadie separates herself from being carried, standing on her own. Currently she looks a bit scarred up, and wears simple brown leather pants and a light off white ruffled shirt showing a bit of cleavage but not too much so, with a black leather vest. On one hip is a sabre and the other a hand crossbow, she has a knife strapped to her lower right leg. Her hair has surprisingly grown back already and is tied back in a bandana, she has an eyepatch over her left eye. She is now wearing her collar again. Despite the bed rest, her muscles seem more pronounced than usual. To any astute observer this would be due to the effort being put into doing all this despite the pain thus causing them to flex. Despite this strain she seems in no danger of collapse and one might wonder if she can truly keep this up indefinitely. "So this is Amber?" She asks a bit of strained gruffness to her voice.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon strides over to the carriage and talks with the driver briefly. He returns, "Still Tuesday, so we haven't missed anything. Sadie, I can send a hawk ahead to contact Dworkin. He will have to decide if you can stay or not." He shrugs. "He should. You've demonstrated an ability similar to ours. But best to make sure."

He looks over at Solten, "I assume you'll come with us. But, Dworkin will want to meet with Sadie alone."

"Nuall, uh, wherever you wish to go is fine by me. I was going to check out the joust."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"And where would I be going to meet up with this Dworkin? As for my staying, I'm meant to be here. He will not deny me of that I'm certain. Do not worry about me." There is a strange confidence to that statement.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall looks down at his armor. "If I get near the joust in this someone will no doubt try getting me up on a horse. I have never been terribly fond of jousting...far too noisy. Perhaps I should go find something more suitable to wear this evening. I should have thought of that on the way back. I will catch up with you later. Enjoy the joust!"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Unless otherwise stated, Nuall ends up near the shops, with the others heading to Castle Amber. Sadie is shown to the waiting room for her meeting with Dworkin, Oberon heads to the nearby festival to take part in the joust, and Solten is attacked by ninjas only to mysteriously vanish and be presumed dead but will turn up at the last moment to save the day. (Or whatever ends up happening...)
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: Using this a the single-post location for catchup, since it's the most logic place for me to post.)

Solten sees her off with a combination of relief and anxiety, and bids farewell to Oberon and Nuall, thaking them for the adventure, intense as it was. He then stands alone on the dock, looking a bit lost and dazed, but not in a hurry to go anywhere. Continued At The Docks.
Solten