07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

Post by colomon »

Renny and Osmund ride down to the harbor district, stopping at an inn, the Rusty Anchor. Renny hands the horses off to the stableboy, and the two walk into the dining room. She is greeted like an old friend by the jolly round white-haired lady running the place, and they are quickly seated in a semi-secluded booth with a gorgeous view of the harbor. Renny orders "the usual", and the hostess looks to Osmund for his breakfast choice.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will ask for something vegetarian... "Thank you for your invitation last night. I wasn't sure what would happen if I had to defend myself in the castle."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"You are welcome," Renny replies. "I apologize that our hospitality was not better in the first place." While clearly not too troubled by it, she does seem quite sincere, as if she expects hospitality to strangers to be the default position.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Once breakfast has been served -- Renny's is hash browns, fried bologna, and three sunny-side up eggs -- she gets down to business. She glances around the room once to make sure no one is listening in. "Last night, you said that gentleman" -- Renny carefully does not mention his name -- "was made of fractures. What did you mean?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He is chaos incarnate." Osmund says, trying not to sound frustrated. "The opposite of Order, diametrically opposed to the Pattern, Fractured into many possibilities..."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny notes Osmund's frustration. "I apologize if my questions are too simplistic. I fear I am woefully undereducated on the mystical underpinnings of... everything?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It seems to be my issue. The sense I am using only detects real and not-real... he is, to my sense, anti-real. It is not any clearer than that." He shudders, "To get here... there was an... it was incomplete, and he is of the part that was where the pieces were missing."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"What was incomplete?" Renny says gently.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It was kind of a drawing on the floor. That glowed, and was marred with a fracture of black lines." He shivers, "I really don't know much more than that."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny blinks, clearly surprised. "I... um... take it you didn't make it out to see the Pattern last night?"