07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will begin his hike back up the mountain, to get the horses. "Give a shout if anything odd happens."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie coughs like she trying to say something/shout after Oberon. Is failing and sputtering up blood instead however.

If Solten uses touch telepathy. Which I suspect he will. She tells him to make sure Oberon gets her leash and collar from where she left it.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(Except for a brief time when Oberon was crashing down the mountain, Solten has been maintaining the telepathic connection.)

Solten calls Oberon back: "Wait, I think Sadie is trying to say something." He concentrates, listening through her pain "Collar... and leash..., make sure you get them."
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"They're in the food cart!" He calls back.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

with the knowledge her only prized possessions are safe and sound she visibly relaxes and falls asleep.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

I can't think of anything that will happen before Oberon gets back. It takes a bit longer for him to get the horses, as he has to walk them around the long way. It takes a good hour to an hour and a half. If I recall, it was sunset before, so, it's full on dark now.

Thankfully, you packed torches. "Hey, Solten? How's it going? I stopped a bit to get some firewood. I guess we're camping down here for the night."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

'Welcome back. Not much to report. She seems to be sleeping now, rather than unconscious, and in marginally less pain. I think my telepathic link helps." (OOC question: What happens when you establish/maintain a connection with a sleeping person, assuming it's possible? Do you see dreams?)

There's a few moments of silence, then Solten asks in an unusually serious and slightly hesitate tone: "You know a lot of things, and now you know my little secret. What can you tell me about this wolf side of me? It's been there for as long as I've known. Sometimes it takes over, without my even realizing it. Where did it come from? What does it mean?"
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I assume what it always seems like. You can share / guide the dreams a little. Probably keep nightmares away if you want.)

Oberon shrugs. "Well, shapeshifting is usually a touch of Chaos. Changing into an animal usually risks your sanity. Although, if that's the only animal you can do, it's probably safe. The first one is an expression of yourself. Usually. Chaos is a little hard to pin down."

The fire is built easily and Oberon is grilling some dragon meat over it.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(In that case, Solten will attempt to attempt to push away nightmares but otherwise simply provide a comfortable presence. He might try and insert himself in a couple interesting dreams once he realizes he can affect them, just to see what happens...)

"I... don't think I've ever tried a different animal. I wonder what that would be like." He finally regains his half smile. "I wonder what it would be like to really be a fly on the wall..."

"Risks my sanity... Chaos..." He trails off into silence, lost in thought for a while. Suddenly his head comes up "Can you tell me anything else about this Chaos? How does it relate to the Pattern and Shadow? How does one get touched by it? Is it common? Do you risk sanity just from having been touched, or it is through the abilities granted by it? Tell me everything!"

(OOC: Feel free to summarize and link to rules posts as appropriate)
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Uh... Yes?" Oberon offers. "You get a feel for what the risks are over time. As it's chaos, it's not exactly stable, or consistant. As for exposure, that's a bit harder. Real primal chaos isn't common. The Pattern keeps it away, I think. So, out here, it's much more likely to hit fragments of it. If you want, we can try walking towards what infected you another time."