07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

Post by Sadie »

May need confirmation from Josh, but based on a reasonable understanding of how things generally work. You don't manage to establish a conscious link with her, but the link you do establish is filled with pain, suffering, confusion/chaos that with your gentle words seems to ease slightly and grant a greater ability to focus. There's is also a feeling of ravenous hunger.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

So long as nothing appears to be adding to the suffering and especially if it seems to be helping, Solten will continue in this vein until Oberon returns or the situation changes. He has no useful medical knowledge beyond the obvious basic wound cleaning and attempts to stop bleeding.
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

So we wait till Oberon returns, unless he's gone for roughly an hour. If an hour goes by and he hasn't returned yet with food. Then the following will occur.

The unconscious link will go conscious, "Food!" is all that's said as she starts to try and move about, convulsing in pain occasionally seeming to be trying to go in the general direction of the dragon.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

It's cutting it close, but Sadie has good stuff, so...

Around that time, Oberon will return amid a fairly impressive spectacle. (note: It really should have taken him more than an hour to climb back up, or to go around.) He seems to have added sled-skis to the wagon you brought (cobbled together from the remains of the crossbow most likely), and is riding it down the mountainside (far enough away so there's no chance to hit anyone). It is loaded up with dried meats and the supplies you brought. as well as what seems to be a few kegs of ale that he is making sure stay balanced. not having thought fo a landing, it does crash into the ground at the end, but not enough to send contents flying. The cart itself, is ruined.

"Sorry that took so long." he says, "Took a bit to make sure there was a section I could do that to." He picks up perhaps 60 lbs of the food and a small keg of ale and drags them over to Sadie. "I still have to go back for the horses, but can't take them down that way."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Upon waking, roughly in the same manner as described she will rather clumsily follow her nose and dig into the food. I assume she is is helped and not made to painfully wiggle about on broken bones, while trying to follow diminished scent and occasionally passing out from pain caused by the struggle... She''ll eat and drink till stuffed and numb from alcohol and pass out again.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"If you haven't seen someone regenerate... it's not very nice to see. If you want, I can take watch. Make sure her healing doesn't get out of hand..." Oberon offers half-heartedly to Solten... "Probably won't occur... I can go get the horses..."

(For those of you with shapeshifting... Oberon is referring to primal form / primal chaos infection, a not-uncommon last-ditch response of shapeshifting to massive damage.)
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

When first hearing the ruckus of the cart skiing down the mountain, Solten snaps into fighting position. However, seeing Sadie apparently recovering, if still in great pain, allowed him to think clearly again and look on with a small smile as Oberon crashes to a stop. This doesn't last long as Sadie regains consciousness and his focus returns to her.

"No, no, I'll stay. Just tell me what to do."

((Words are not my friend this morning. The above sounds awkward I can't even come up with a way to describe the gruesome scene following. Feel free to fill in the details, or just go with "Oberon and Solten help as best they can" and let imagination do the rest. Sorry.))
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

That's fine at this point her being cared for can pretty much be background. I'm going to be out of town for almost two weeks anyway.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(Sounds like perhaps we should post a summary and meet back up with Nuall. Then again, he seems to be having much fun with the orcs...)
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sounds like a plan of sorts... maybe give him a bit more time. Is a bit early to be returning yet.