07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

Post by Joshua »

Quin takes Renny on a relatively coordinated dance routine. Despite his dumpy appearance and normally uncoordinated manner, he is quite good at both dancing and reading his partner. He smiles at Renny, "You know, if that is your interest, I do a fairly good drag revue." (His manners... still leave something to be desired.) "Or perhaps, a tour of the seedy part of town? A city this big has many interesting options for such entertainment."
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Walks back to the table with a bunch of muffin in his arms and a huge grin on his face and pops back down and starts to eat them. He looks at the man across from him and offers him a muffin with a huge grin."Want one?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

A number of emotions run through Renny's face, but she finally settles on slightly annoyed, wary curiosity. "What is a drag revue?"
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Ruben is rarely legitimately bewildered, but he honestly has no idea what to do with the muffin being offered to him this late in the evening. He concludes the gesture was made in legitimately innocent good faith, and politely declines.

"It is a bit late in the evening for me to be dining again, I'm afraid. Do you have more plans for later?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

I will spare the room Quin's description of his one man drag act. thankfully, his description of it is relatively tame and emphasizes a little of the seedy sorts of clubs that tend to employ impersonators... (Tying back to what was discussed about the crime rate in the city.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"So it's like mummering... on a stage... in a disreputable section of town?" Renny seems dubious of the whole concept.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"With me dressed as a woman..." Quin smiles. "We can also stop in on your friend, if you want." (It is important to note, that while Quin talks of wearing female clothes, he never actually mentions taking off the jester outfit...) "Still, the night can only go on for so long. Perhaps tomorrow would be good to explore as well?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny is clearly still not completely grasping Quin's explanation, but that's okay, because she definitely does not want to go around town with him. Trying to maintain her dignity, she says "I think I'll pass for now, thank you. But I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I need to learn more about the 'seedy side' of town."

Just to clarify a tad, Renny's home culture includes occasional situational cross-dressing as a common thing, and one that she has done repeatedly. She's more confused about making a big deal of it in this way, it's more "So what?" to her.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin will casually finish the dance near Ruben. "You could also talk to the kid. I hear he knows someone..." He smiled, kisses Renny's hand and bows out rather gracefully.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

How late is it getting? Quin's "The night can only go on for so long" got me to wondering. Is the dance winding down, or just getting started?