07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

Post by colomon »

"He claimed it took some doing to get an invitation. Even if he just snuck in to get a chance to complain to us, that also seems to suggest he's sincerely upset." Renny shrugs. "I guess someone could have pulled strings behind the scenes to make sure we talked to him." She seems to be mulling Nathaniel's complaints over while effortlessly following the dance steps with a small smile.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: You probably are at least partially aware that this event is "the" major event for the nobles of the city. There are limited seats and too many nobles, so it's fairly cut throat to get a real invitation. Entire noble house-feuds are fought over them, although at the moment, it hasn't devolved into major bloodshed. Mostly duels, contests, and attempting to impress Amberites with their trade and craftsmanship.)
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

(Persona Jackson)

Runs into the room with a huge grin on his face and then starts to prance to the music not caring if he his moves match the beat more of the great pleasure it brings him. His giggles with a huge smile on his face and then starts to prance around with a huge grin on his face as if his whole body is lighten up with pleasure from head to toe. He looks around now as he dances looking for anyone interesting to talk to. He then notices the two people dancing and plops down on the floor and rests his head on his hands and watches them with the smile great childlike amusement.
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Noticing the commotion, Ruben brings the formal dance to a close, hugs Renny, and then turns to the newcomer. Would you like to raise the tempo?
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Nods with a huge grin on his face and leaps to his feet in one swift motion. He then grins at her and in a sweet voice that seems to have candy laced and sugar in them itself "Very much so this slow stuff is for oldies and I'm a youngie." He grins and then starts to dance again slowly waiting for the beat to kick up again."I'm Jackson and I'm here to PARTY and BOOGIE and to GIGGLE." He grins and beams and takes out a sucker from his pocket and offers it to Ruben."Sucker?" He beams at Ruben with huge big eyes waiting to see what will happen.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny warmly returns Ruben's hug -- she'd clearly like to talk longer -- but keeps her feet moving to the beat. Once they have parted, she throws in a couple of bars of showy triple-time clogging that move her gracefully away, and she scans the room for someone else to dance with.

(I don't have time to scan all the other threads to see who is actually around at the moment. Nathaniel would be an obvious choice, but Renny would be open to dancing with any PC (male or female) she hasn't talked to already, or interesting looking NPCs...)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Well, as luck would have it Renny, Quin is free. Although it is possible to dodge him by trusting luck and grabbing a random male noble. You're fairly lucky, if you do that, feel free to make up someone interesting. (Nathaniel did not stay for the dance.)
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Starts to dance quickly and giggles and bounces up and down at to the music. He then starts to sing softly to the music with pure love and joy in his heart. He keeps on dancing between peoples legs. He then starts to do a crazy Russian dances in the middle of the floor and laughs again enjoying the feel of his body moving. He then keeps on dancing the crazy Russian dance it's totally wrong but it has the joy radiating from this child.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin (who has just recently arrived. For an old guy, he can sure ninja when he wants to.) says with a sharp tone, "Jackson! We talked about this." He then proceeds to walk onto the dance floor and crouch by the kid, adding much more quietly, "The others here are attempting to enjoy themselves their way."

To the noble's credit, they are ignoring this breach of etiquette without prejudice.
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Nods to him softly and stands up and brushes himself off slowly."I'm sorry. I just got lost in the moment again." He looks up at the man speaking to him with pleading eyes with tears welling up a little."Can I stay if I promise to behave?" He then does that universal pleading kid look with his hands behind his back and his body swaying softly to the music still keeping on eye contact with Dworkin.