07.03: Moonlight Tea

The goings on of courts
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.03: Moonlight Tea

Post by Brian C »

"There's a landing 2 floors down with an amazing view of Amber. On a clear night you can see the stars reflected in the water. On a night like tonight, you can see quite a bit by the moonlight. Let's start there."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will take Eretria's hand. "Perhaps there is hope for this place yet." and will head with her to the landing described.

"Civilized places are always interesting, especially when you see where civil ends." he laughs a little. "I know this show isn't for me, but I wonder what the real city looks like."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Trina will take him to the next Landing and out on the balcony.

"So, how exactly did Dworkin cause a civil War? Are you all truly so opposed to what he's done here or was it the leaving that got to you?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's hard to describe, but it was definitely in the leaving. He leveled a damage at the courts we will not soon forget. And apparently, it was so he could create this." Odin shrugs as he looks out over the castles. "He used our blood to draw that pattern of yours. Or at least, that's close enough to what happened to understand the pain."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"The universe is full of things that come into their own, things that become beautiful only when set against something else. Stars against the blackness in between, Fish with lights that shine only in deepest ocean, hunters that come into their own only when they have something to hunt. There is an argument to made that the chaos you exist in can only be appreciated or even truly understood when set against the order set up in Amber or the pattern that Dworkin made. Nothing can be defined without rules. Your shapechanging is a great example of that. Changing to a form with wings in order to fly is using the rules to your advantage. I cannot understand your pain, but perhaps Dworkin made your people more powerful or at least more interesting by the comparison.

You made a comment that you felt Dworkin made the serpent and unicorn agree. What if he didn't have to?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin raises an eyebrow, "Perhaps, lady, everyone always sees everything. Is something always wrong, however, interesting mayhap, during our inevitable talk. Your organization understands, should harm occur, ultimately leader Dworkin stands taking over power."

(OOC note: Odin's poetry is a lot better than mine. So, the gist of it is that Dworkin takes power in the chaos he causes.)
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"You make an interesting point. My apologies for the conversation. Perhaps it's time I stop questioning and you start entertaining. There's a gallery here with some paintings you should find interesting."

Eretria starts singing and dancing as she takes him along.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It is okay mi'lady." Odin says. "I am not sure how long I will stay for. Time is so difficult. Where I am from it is a weapon, used to age heirs or breed new ones. Yet, court proper has its own time and I have no idea how long I can afford to stay before my home rips itself apart. Perhaps Dworkin will reconsider, but I suspect I would have to take him be force if I were to push the issue." He sighs and examines the paintings. "They want what was stolen to be returned, or to have his head as payment. Even that is unlikely to prevent billions from killing each other. A loss of life you are unlikely to have seen before."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"I can't change what happened. Have you thought about staying? Is your home safe?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's safe for me, and most of my relatives." Odin shrugs. "I suppose watching it boil over will be amusing. Perhaps it will help us rediscover our power." He shrugs, "so, what's up in the city tonight?"