07.01f: The Seventh Winter (Table of the Giant)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01f: The Seventh Winter (Table of the Giant)

Post by Joshua »

"You have the ability to go out and get them anytime you want. I remember, two years ago, I decided to hellride to a midnight snack. It's useful if you have a craving and have no idea what it is. I suspect Dworkin would be disappointed at such a use, but it's there." She smiles, "Turns out I wanted something called chocolate... I never had it before."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai wrinkles her nose in amusement. "Strawberries spicy enough to leave you gasping for water and pickled whole oranges are interesting, but I much prefer the way this world prepares its fruits. Chocolate, though... While yet again people liked to eat pepper-infused chocolates, I do quite like chocolate with cinnamon. A pity it seems to be so uncommon." She tilts her head to one side, pausing for a moment. "Hellriding... That's when you set out after a certain something and let the path work itself out, yes? I admit I've spent my months here more studying 'here' than I have learning about the wheres and hows of elsewhere."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Hellriding can take you anywhere you want to go. You just kinda choose where you want and let the pattern drag you there. With a little practice you can take things slower, be in control of the walk instead of being dragged, but regardless, we can all do it. I went towards 'what I was in the mood for' that night." Morgana hmmms, "Perhaps that would help clear your head." She pulls out her cards, "And we seem to have the ability to leave quicker now. It normally takes about a day and a half to walk to where you can properly hellride. Plus the act itself is rather dangerous, since you are going towards something, you can't properly avoid dangers."

She shakes her head. "That won't help deal with Odin directly, but being better prepared always helps."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"Being prepared, hmm?" Asai's attention is drawn somewhere and then somehow several of the cookies from an approaching tray manage to appear on Asai's plate well before the waiter arrives to deliver the oven-fresh dessert. Any desire the servant might have had to respond or even express anything other than confusion (however brief) is forestalled by Asai's utterly perfect look of innocent, harmless animal and the arrival of Lady Alystrakos.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

(Arriving from here.)

Alystrakos walks over and nods politely. "Morgana. Asai. I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I thought it appropriate to take the opportunity to introduce myself; I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris. Or," she adds with a smile, "if you're disinclined to stand on formality, Alys will do."
Last edited by Wyvern on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Hello. I apologize that we haven't had a chance to meet yet. I have been working on the enchantments here. I prefer not to use my title, Morgana is fine. If you must call me a title, I prefer Fata Morgana to Queen." She will offer a hand to shake in greeting, although, her hands are about three to four times the size of Alys'.

"Have you had a chance to tour Ht'gon yet?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shakes the proffered hand without so much as batting an eye at the size difference.

"Not yet, no; I've been rather busy trying to get myself up to speed on local affairs, and - well, this deck was the first warning I had of which court Dworkin thought I belonged in. Perhaps I'll drop by later this evening."
Last edited by Wyvern on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai finishes off her current cookie and fastidiously licks her fingers and muzzle clean as Alys introduces herself and responds to Morgana. Her nose twitches slightly as she holds out one hand that is almost as small compared to Alys' as Alys' was to Morgana's once Alys is done talking. "I would normally suggest you visit during daylight hours, but somehow I suspect that won't be as much of a problem for you as one might assume. It really is quite impressive regardless of the hour."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana looks at Alys' card then to Alys again. "I appreciate your effort to keep the festivities from becoming a bloodbath earlier. I hope you don't think every day will be like that." She smiles. "I came from a very violent home and I'm always amazed that this place is as calm as it is. Yet, as you saw, there is plenty of tension. none of us really know what Dworkin's true goals are. Or why he was so generous with his power. Is it safe to assume you are from a place where that is also something to be wary of?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shakes Asai's hand carefully. "Now why," she asks, her pupils deliberately widening for a moment, "would anyone assume that would be a problem?"

To Morgana's question, she merely shrugs. "I will admit, I have had occasion to deal with people even less... stable, than Osmund is. As for Dworkin's reasons... well, there I'm as much in the dark as the rest of you; he muttered something about a 'grand experiment', but was exceptionally reticent with any details. Perhaps the Unicorn would prove more talkative."