07.01e: The Seventh Winter (Corner of Table)

The goings on of courts
Meeg
Mostly Sane

Re: 07.01e: The Seventh Winter (Corner of Table)

Post by Meeg »

Lukas raises his eyebrows and opens his eyes wide in a way that shows he has taken this in. "Ah. What are these Trumps then?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"They're a kind of sympathetic magic." Darnell turns the card (the chariot) over in his fingers. "They allow for psychic connections to people and places. I've seen Dworkin and Eretria use them for transportation, but I haven't practiced that very much. Mostly though, they allow communication from anywhere to anywhere. So, if I was back in my home and you needed to talk to me quickly, you could use these cards."
Meeg
Mostly Sane

Post by Meeg »

"Interesting. So are their trumps that represent you and me?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will pull them out... "I'm the Page of Wands in the deck. You seem to be the Seven of Swords. not sure what the numbers are meant to mean, but seven is usually a good number."
Meeg
Mostly Sane

Post by Meeg »

"Lucky number 7" Lukas examines the 7 of swords Trump and lets out a jovial "Ha!"
"He looks like quite the opportunist. A man after my own heart."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The second course is Boeuf a la Nicoise, a beef stew with tomatoes and olives over buttered noodles. Despite the winter time, it is clear to those with discerning palates that the tomatoes were picked fresh that morning, the balsamic vinegar is aged 18+ years (yeah, not technically possible either), and all the ingredients are remarkably and impossibly fresh (even the ones that can't get ripe at the same time). Extra noodles and stew are placed in the center of the table.

Dworkin enteres when all the tables are served, along with a large nordic man with one eye. They head towards the raised dais where Dworkin will be making an announcement.

Dworkin stands in front of the large center throne and announces, his old voice carrying despite its lack of volume. "Greetings Amber and other courts. Welcome to the Seventh Winter. I trust you are all enjoying your gifts. Unfortunately a matter has come up and I will not be dining with you this evening." He gestures to the newcomer. "This is Odin. A... um..."

"Colleague," prompts Odin.

"Colleague who is here to observe the new courts. He will be staying the festival, and I hope all of you will give him the respect a true diplomat from another land is due." Dworkin looks behind himself and out of the balcony briefly. "We will be retiring to the highest tower of Tir-na Nog'th for tea and conversation. I hope you will forgive this breach."

Without further fanfare, Dworkin and Odin exit the room through a side door.