07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

Post by Joshua »

Oberon looks at the dog, "I think that came with Alys."

He ponders your question. "Well, Darnell is helping Dworkin with those card thigns as is Eretria. Morgana is in charge of Ht'Gon, Renny is the highest rank of Amber, I think Eretria is the highest currently in Tir-Na Nog'th. There's really not much of us here yet, most of us are important in some way."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well, I know that I am very important...but only to myself." Nuall laughs. "Everyone is important if you just ask them.

"You said that there are not many of you here yet. How many more are you expecting to come? Shouldn't the important ones be here already for such an important event?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dinner is served.

A small group of waiters enter the room with large appetizer plates. Filled with an assortment of sushi and sashimi, clams, crab-cakes, shrimp cocktail and other seafood and similar plates, they are clearly there to highlight the amazing and plentiful ocean that surrounds Amber. For those of you who are hungry, pace yourself. Anyone who'se been around for a while (such as Oberon) knows that the dinner is 4 courses. (Appetizers, Meat/Stew, Salad/veggies, and desserts.)

Accompanying each place setting are a number of spider-silk bags, sized for a slightly oversized deck of playing / tarot cards. They are labelled with names of the PCs and NPCs and are dyed a pleasing color (or pattern) to the person they're intended for. Inside Each contains a trump deck. Each contains the 19 cards listed (although if anyone joins the game, a 20th card might be retconned in) and are slightly cool to the touch (not unexpected considering it's the middle of winter). Any more experimenting, you'll need to do in game.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall begins rifling through his deck, looking at each of the cards.

"Well, there you are Oberon, the Page of Swords. I see that I was right in guessing that you would be one of the most important ones. And friend Solten, the figure on the Five of Swords is a good likeness of you.

"...and I recognize Asai...and Quin...and of course Dworkin. It is a big disquieting that he is Death. I hope that is not an omen of some sort."

Nuall turns one card around. "Well the Hanged Man certainly looks enough like home...but how would Darnell and Eretria have known that? And I see a few other faces that I have seen around Court as well.

"A pretty enough gift, but you said something about pictures that could be used to contact people...I do not understand who these could use for such."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten chuckles again at Nuall's statement of self-importance. He considers a response, but is distracted by the arrival of food. He is pretty much oblivious of the silk bag at first, instead digging into the appetizers. That is, until Nuall comments about the Five of Swords. He chokes slightly, swallows, and says "What was that? Can I see that?" He looks closely at the card, as if to spot a detail that would prove it's not him. After a moment he simply says "Huh." and hands the card back. "Well, I suppose I'll be getting dragged to more parties after this..." he mumbles, the slightly crooked grin back.

He watches as Nuall finishes looking through his deck, but does not comment further. Turning back to his food, he notices his own silk bag and picks it up. Looking through the cards, he glances up several times to confirm faces he remembered seeing about the room. Most notably, he does not comment on The Hanged Man, though he pauses to look at it for a moment.

Solten puts the cards away, saying, "Important people..." then trailing off.
Solten
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall puts his cards away and begins to (at least try to) focus on the appetizers. From time to time his eyes start to glance towards the cards, but then he pulls them away. Other times a hand starts to drift towards them, but is casually pulled withdrawn.

"So friend Oberon, you've been quiet. What do you think of this gift?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon has been going through is deck, absently eating some shrimp cocktail with one hand. At your question, he accidentally dunks one of the cards in the sause. Before he answers he pulls it out and wipes it clean. "These things seem to be resistant. A bit too thick for playing cards, and too long. But, they seem consistant with what I know. That being said, to make sets for everyone... This must've taken all year." He flips around Nuall's card, "From what I understand, we concentrate on the picture and it lets us talk."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall rifles through his deck to find a specific card. He stares intently at it and says, "Well Quin, Oberon thinks we can use these cards to speak to one another. What do you think?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The card is cold, and gets colder as Nuall focuses. There's a slight sense of connection, but you're thinking you might actually need to meditate for a few minutes to get the proper focus. Feel free to remove saying anything out loud if you want.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

A wary but intrigued look comes over Nuall's face. He continues to stare intently at the card.