07.01b: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Chat)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01b: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Chat)

Post by Joshua »

Quin will hold up his hands in defeat. "Forgive me, my lady." He bows slightly. "That is reassuring to see in you. Yes, I wish to know about the two of you. You are, for lack of a better word, central to all of existence. Your actions ripple outward to all things and all places. I wish to know what that will mean." He stands up, "This is best left to a more private discussion. I do owe you that, if you wish."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"And I owe you an apology Lady. I intended no offense but clearly my ill-chosen words have caused such. Before I can say something else unfortunately and distress you further I will withdraw. I hope the rest of the evening is more pleasant for you."

Nuall turns to Quin. "Thank you for the interesting conversation. I hope you have a pleasant evening as well."

Nuall strolls away from the conversation.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Forgive the observation, but I suspect tensions are a bit high for levity. If you will excuse me, I will attempt to explain to Dworkin what waiting for a surprise does to nobility." He bows, "By your leaves."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai sighs, the tension melting out of her as quickly as it had come. "The more I study humans and learn about them the less I think I understand them." She bobs her head in acknowledgement. "Until next time, Quin." She silently watches the jester leave, tail curled tightly around her feet.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

After a long moment's silence and stillness, Asai gives a vigorous shake that begins with her head and works its way down to a decisive flick of her tail. She finishes off the last few bites of the almost-forgotten appetizer, hops down from the chair, and pads once more across the ballroom floor.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana has been sitting by herself for a short while now. As conversations rise and fall around her, the ogre has not managed to connect with the nobles. When Quin leaves, Morgana waves to Asai and heads over to the fireplace to offer an invitation. "It seems that your conversation has left you alone. If you'd like, please join me." She will smile at the lemur warmly before heading back to her table and seat.