07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

Re: 07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

Post by khadjair »

Cameron shakes his head. "I had no idea what I was doing. For all I knew I was walking into a sacrificial circle, or the floor woul swing under me and drop me into a pit of lava... I didn't even know what you mean by "real" vs. not at the time, no one explained it to me. I was chased/dragged here, I was here for a day or two, long enough to make Morgana's acquaintance, an then... I was forced to the Pattern and walked it. and when I found myself at the center, I willed myself as far away from this place as I could go." he doesn't even realize one of his hands is clenching until he pause for breath, then lets it relax.

"I'm sorry. I have a serious problem with conscription. It's how I ended up being shot at in Sebastopol to begin with. Fighting for a people I had renounced, who had starved my family and chased my brothers and sisters to Atlantica. It still burns a litlte, even with five years or wandering in the wilderness to cool down."

he blushes as Lyra approaches, nodding. "And.. good evening, my lady. I apologize that you had to witness that outburst."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I- uh... I'm Osmund." The hooded figure says. "Sorry about this. I seem to be causing trouble."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra smiles back at Cameron. "No need to apologize. Everyone needs to vent a little now and then and it sounds like you have quite a bit to be upset about." As she steps closer, she places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I feel the same way about such matters even though I've been blessedly spared from having personal experience shape my opinions." She turns to Osmund next. "Greetings Osmund. You're certainly not causing any trouble as far as I can tell. I hope you've been able to relax and enjoy yourself a bit."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Everyone here probably has enough Psyche to notice that Harrune tenses slightly during this discussion, but is trying hard to cover it.

He bows deeply to Lyra. "Good evening Lady. I must say that is a striking look for you."

To Cameron and Osmund. "If you two gentlemen will excuse me, I believe I shall permit myself to be dragged. I have enjoyed getting to know you both. We should continue this some time soon. And Osmund, you haven't caused me any trouble...in fact rather the opposite I think."

Harrune bows to Lyra. "Shall we Lady?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Certainly, good sir." Lyra smiles to Harrune and takes his arm before leading him out to the Dance Floor.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund takes a look at Cameron... "Is... was it so bad having to walk? Is there time to make it your own?" He looks down. "I had no idea. I hope my eagerness isn't difficult to hear, sir."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"No, it isn't a problem for me, I just... have negative associations, and I let my mouth run too much." He sighs and watches Harrune retreat. "I have a feeling that went rather.. poorly all things considered. But it's alright, the evening is still young. I probably should find myself something to drink. I seem to recall that's how we met so that's a good thing."

(OOC: A note that I am on vacation for the next week and a half in the mountains for some of it so internet access is spotty. I'll reply as I can.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Maybe... you should do somethign a little healthier?" He offers. "I'll dance with you, if that'd be better. or I could see if someone else would be better."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron blushes a little at that. "I know a great many crafts, some that may be even rightly called arts, but I never... learned to dance. Spar a little with sailors, which they called dancing, but nothing.. like proper dance. It looks easy enough..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund leads Cameron onto the dance floor (3) for a little instruction.