07.05h: At the Docks

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.05h: At the Docks

Post by Joshua »

The docks that Nathaniel bring you to are the good parts. The areas controlled by medium-sized merchant families. This part of the trip was a breakdown of the various ships and methods used for sea travel. Including the enchantments needed to shift shadow and the basic fishing vessels. There are a lot of things converging at the docks around this time, so this dry lecture may be interrupted.

Another area of interest that Nathaniel will point out is the entrance to Rebma. Both the waterway (which he will not swim) and the more air-friendly entrance, a temporairy shelter over a set of stairs that lead down into stone next to the bay.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.05h: At the Docks

Post by Wyvern »

Alys doesn't take notes - but the questions she asks reveals that she might as well have been; she doesn't forget details, is very capable of putting pieces together and making reasonable inferences and conclusions... and has very nearly zero knowledge about ships to start with.

At the entrance to Rebma, she stays well back - commenting that, while she'll want a tour of Rebma eventually... not right now, thank you.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nate, with currently out-of-date knowledge, mentions, "You do have the only Rebma representative with you at the moment. Still, you'll be down there in about four hours. I did not expect the visit to the police to be so... active."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: Apparently I posted in the wrong "docks" thread :P)

Solten is standing at the docks near the entrance to Rebma, looking slightly dazed and lost out to sea, but not in a hurry to go anywhere.
Solten
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys replies, "Personally, I'd been prepared for a much more active visit; fortunately, it didn't come to that. Probably," she adds with a wink, "Ruben's fault."

She pauses a moment as Solten comes into view. "Say, wasn't he one of Oberon's traveling companions from last night? Solten of Amber, if I recall the introduction right."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten notices the group approaching but doesn't really react until they get close. When he hears his name he turns and takes a closer look. "Ah yes, you heard correctly." He walks toward the group. When they are within normal conversation range, "I recognize you from the feast, and the trump, but haven't had the pleasure of your name. And you as well," looking to Reuben. He smiles a bit crookedly at Nathaniel. "And you are the almost-incident, as I recall." This is obviously intended as a friendly joke at his expense, rather than an insult. "Well met." He offers a handshake in the general direction of the group.

Solten's clothes are obviously travelworn and bloodied. You recognize them as having once been nice, if simple and primal, at the feast. His hands aren't exactly clean, but they aren't covered in blood and grime either. After a moment, he'll realize this and apologize, attempting to wipe them off on his pants. Seeing as this didn't help, he'll shrug with that crooked smile and say "Well, I'm not much for formality anyway."
Solten
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will shake the proffered hand, apparently oblivious to the attached grime. "I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris, though you may shorten that to Alys if you wish."

She'll let Ruben introduce himself (and shake hands) if he's so inclined - otherwise simply introducing him as Ruben.

"And this is Nathaniel Orr, who kindly agreed to act as our guide to the city today."

And, finally, in response to the comment on formality, "Well, you have about four hours before the ball this evening. I'd suggest a bath and a change of clothes, and... hm..." She glances at Nathaniel, clearly pondering some notion...
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

There is a flicker of movement on the underwater path to Rebma and then Asai comes splashing out onto the shore right near Solten. It's hard to tell, beneath the dripping water and plastered wet fur, but her eyes seem almost to flicker across the people gathered nearby. With a seemingly complete indifference to the presence of dry clothed folk that any dog owner would instantly recognize, the lemur-cat vigorously shakes herself dry. Her fur is relatively short, if dense, and she's not all that large so there isn't that much in the way of flying water but there's enough to be noticed. It's surprisingly well-aimed water too, almost all of it hitting Solten... except for the stray bits that go flying past towards Alys.

((Wyvern gave me permission to declare that Alys was standing on the far side of Solten relative to the water, so Asai jumped out near Solten and shook herself dry with one side towards Solten, for an explanation of this demonstration of poking a PC with a sharp pointy stick...))
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shifts, turning to one side and blocking the incoming water with her cloak (that is, after all, exactly what it's for.)

Those with at least moderate warfare may also note the surreptitious and slightly sheepish sheathing of weaponry, as of someone who knew that wasn't really an attack, but reacted on reflex anyway.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai's grin as she rises up onto her hind legs to bob her head in a cheerful greeting has a definitely wicked edge to it. "And I'm Asai," she introduces herself, as if the interim drying off hadn't just happened and as if she'd been planning on introducing herself at this point all along. "If I might make a suggestion, Solten, you could kill the proverbial two birds with one stone by heading to Rebma before the ball to prepare. You'd avoid having to worry about keeping your formal wear clean on the trip down; you'd be able to, if you so wished, dress in a somewhat Rebma-ish fashion; and potentially even get a chance to do a bit of touring before the crowds arrive if there's still time afterwards."

((Asai still needs to go get her fancy clothing from Castle Amber, but that won't take her hardly any time at all. Couldn't find a good way to work it into the post, but she's willing to play chauffeur for Solten for the aquatic road to Rebma if he shows any interest. This may end up being entirely irrelevant, but I figured if I put it out in the OOC pool of knowledge it wouldn't get ignored for lack of knowing the option was there.))