Requiem theme songs.

Discussion about the game: rules, character descriptions, questions, etc
Michael
Needs a Guide

Requiem theme songs.

Post by Michael »

Vampire the requiem is a game about a story right? well I've always thought of my Characters bieng the star in a movie or book,(no offence but you all are my supporting characters). so I've been trying to think of a theme song for Sol. if there was a movie about him what would be the entrance music? I've always done this for my Larp characters but Sol's is harder then i thought, Spyders was the cure's spiderman. Maxim's was Slayers reign in blood. (thnx AWC) Tsaboo's was Simon and Garfunkle's the sound of silence. jucifer was just white noise. I even came up with one for his Sire...Avenged seven folds's Sidewinder.But im having trouble with Sol's..

I was just wondering if anyone else has thought up a "theme song" for there character?
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Requiem theme songs.

Post by Joshua »

for Sol, try: My Own Worst Enemy by Lit

Some NPCs:
Rochester:
Bishop Carl: Mary, Mary by Chumbawamba
Jacob: Wanted by the Cranberries
Charles Albrecht: Winds of Change by the Scorpions
Nameless: Dragula by Rob Zombie
Simeon: Building A Mystery by Sarah McLachlan
Martin: Into the Woods from the Into the Woods soundtrack, alternately Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones
A.K.: Unforgiven by Metalica
Derek: Schadenfreude from the Avenue Q soundtrack.

Buffalo
Wyatt: Say by John Mayer
Friend: Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
Nay: Trapped In The Closet by R. Kelly (the full three hour "why lord, why?" version)
Peter: After the Flesh by My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Orsen: Something to Believe In by Poison
Crane: Kung-Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas
Shepard: The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams
Joey: Return to Pooh Corner by Kenny Logins
Jill: God Only Knows by Brian Wilson (Opening to Big Love, also the movie Saved!. See both. Seriously, we'll wait.)

Syracuse:
Lumiére: Brother Of Mine by Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe
Nang Yai: Come Sail Away by Styx (see background, the contrast here is intentional)
Bixbite: Human by the Killers
Lisianthus: My Immortal by Evanescence
Bohnen: Your Horrorscope for Today by "Wierd Al"
Mehsis: Here I go Again by Whitesnake
Tiny: In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg
The Children: People are Strange by the Doors
Alice and Charles Carroll: Angry Johny by Poe and Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin
Lazarus: Duvet by Boa

Ithaca:
Gaius: Show Me What I'm Looking For by Carolina Liar
Brooks: This Town by O.A.R.
Vogel: Shattered by O.A.R.
Rook: Return to Innocence by Enigma
Aloysius: Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
Mr. Cooper Not sure about him, but for his Domitor, how about Send Me Your Money by Suicidal Tenancies
* Fringe Members
Bigby: Of Wolf and Man by Metallica
Sid: Either Mope by the Bloodhound Gang or the Angry White Boy Polka by "Weird Al"
Count Zahl: Princes of the Universe by Queen
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

how about crawling linking park...
i was looking for mine 2 ( Lafayette D' Mascara), what you think?
Michael
Needs a Guide

Post by Michael »

"crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal" I like it. Don't know to much about your Character but i think that it fits for what i've seen of him. :D
jaf
Mostly Sane

Post by jaf »

don't worry you will see him quite a lot don't worry. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mggGcf3mG5U

hahaha a little amateur death metal, you might like it... if you can understand it.

Michael, i was wondering, if you know that the name of your character means sun, right? i was just curious why such a name, for a vampire that comes from a nickname of shadow. not only that, sol invictus is a parade or a festivities ( pagan festival before xmas was set up there) made from the 21 of december to the 24 the 25 day is when the sun wins against the darkness every years celebration known as -Natalis Solis Invicti,- "the birthday of the unconquered sun.". Just to let you know for your characters development. :)
Michael
Needs a Guide

Post by Michael »

yes, in fact I knew that when I named him. His real "mortal" name is Paul Johnson. kinda plane right. so when he was embraced took the name Sol. He's an Ex-Hunter who was embraced almost on accident. To him, Sol is a reminder of what he fought for, what he lost, and most of all his dead son and wife. plus the irony was to good to pass up :) Sol has by far the most depth that i've given a character in my years of larp'ing. theres alot of pain and conflict in Sol and I thought that the name Sol Invictus or Invincible Sun fit him perfect. But as he's just a year old in his requiem he didn't know about the Covenent Invictus so now he just goes by Sol. just my thought process for his name.