1397-04-21-B: Sinkholes by Starlight

A game of (in no particular order) politics, intrigue, and swashbuckling adventure - set to a backdrop of an industrialized Amber.
The Stage is obsolete, leftover from a previous revision of reality. RP runs in Discord these days.

Moderator: Wyvern

ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 1397-04-21-B: Sinkholes by Starlight

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Shadow is careful to watch her movements in case she tries creating more runes to escape.
"I'd prefer information to a meal." the shadowy substance in wolf form growls, the firm bite on her arm not impinging on the threat's intelligibility. "Who are you and what were you after?" The wolf tightens its jaws a bit for emphasis, even if the only noticeable result is a scraping/grinding sound on her armor.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

The woman glares haughtily down at Shadow. "I am an Agent of the Green Spiral, and I will not be interrogated by some monster of the Current Tyrrany. Do. Your. Worst."

Her other hand makes a few subtle gestures, perhaps trying to call up further magics - but nothing happens.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Shadow growls at her gesturing, futile or not. "Stop that please. I have no idea who the Green Spiral are and I certainly am not employed by any Tyranny. Given the disruption outside stopping you seemed to be prudent but I would welcome an explanation as to why my reasoning was incorrect." Despite the politeness, Shadow fully expects her to attempt an escape again and continues to remain on guard; with the other situation under control, likely additional wolves focus their attention on the car as well should she find a way out of Shadow's bite, probably with one materializing to accompany the captain wherever she is.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Reasons? Just look about you! We are in an Engine of Imperialism, one of the very Weapons used by Amber to choke the Life out of every polity it reaches! All we do is to protect our lands from Assimilation!"

She seems more outraged at Shadow's statements than at the fact that there's still a wolf attached to her arm, and the capitalization of words in her statements is audible - and does not lend her an air of sanity or reasonableness.

Outside the train, Juno is approaching the car the self-professed green spiral agent is in; when Shadow detaches a wolf to accompany her, she asks, "What's the situation in there?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Shadow advises Juno, "I've detained someone claiming to be a Green Spiral agent. She was tracing some type of wards on the wall of boxes with her fingers. She seems to be able to make portals through solid objects but that power isn't working at present. She said she was protecting their land from assimilation by Amber but I'm not sure I understand all of that. Also, Theodore has returned and is on his way to meet up with you."

Inside the car, the wolf shows little reaction to her angry accusations. "Please calm yourself. I have great respect for anyone fighting to protect their land as that is my purpose as well. My decision to follow you and intervene was based on my observation of your actions and the situation." After a moment's pause, Shadow adds, "A friend of mine will be here shortly and I'd like you to explain these things to her as she'll likely have a better understanding." The wolf's attention is still on her body language and movements, wary of any more attempts at producing runes.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

At the mention of someone else coming, the Agent starts to struggle wildly. "No! You don't understand!" Perhaps she'd get better results from actually, oh, explaining anything, but panic seems to have stolen whatever eloquence she might have had. Unfortunately for her, nothing's changed about the situation, and she's still unable to escape Shadow's jaws.

As Theodore catches up, Juno comments, "Green Spiral? Ugh. Bloody-minded fanatics, the lot of them. Though the scale of the attack is a bit out of character..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That would make sense. The power they called on was detailed in- something I probably didn't have permission to read. It has fragments of a Coligitat ritual all over it." Theodore will explain as they walk up. "Perhaps someone in Amber stole the ritual and passed it to them?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Inside: "Understanding begins with dialogue. Please stop before you hurt yourself. Would you believe me if I promised no further harm will come to you from either myself or my companions?"

Outside: "I'm try to ease her fears but she seems more terrified of you than me at the moment. What are they fanatical about? And what's a Coligitat ritual? All I know is all of the magic used by them felt...smelled...disgusting."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's from the ... less desirable section. A better word would be quarantined. And largely because they don't destroy knowledge." He takes a breath and will look at the wolf. "Should we stay outside then?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"I doubt she will calm anytime soon. Still, lets wait a moment to see if I can ease her fears. I can relay her words to you."

Inside the car: "I've asked my friends to remain outside. It's just us. I honestly don't understand your conflict but I'd like to. I'm a bit concerned about your actions in truth due to the powers you used."