Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Ametrine:

"Then you shall have food." says king Darien. "The news you have brought is... intriguing. Who is this 'Mr. Willoughby' fellow? He sounds like someone I should meet."

"He's my butler," volunteers Eleanor. "I sent him to find my daughter; if he has returned, I would presume he brings some news of her."

A servant quietly adds an extra plate and silverware for Ametrine; there is plenty of food set out on the table for you to serve yourself - there's far more here than two humans could possibly eat in one sitting.

Corax helps herself to a few choice morsels. Nobody else seems to notice. Perhaps they're just being polite.

Mr. Willoughby:
"Uh, sure," says the guard, and proceeds to do as you requested. Climbing down is relatively simple, as is crossing the courtyard. Getting up the other side may prove slightly trickier, though from here at least you can start to hear fragments of the conversation inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:08 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Sir Cord", says Mr. Willoughby, having reached the bottom of the wall, "would you kindly undo yourself and return to me, coiled?" He watches as the rope slithers out the window, collects it, and strolls across the courtyard, umbrella held high.

The other wall is a blank mass of stone. There is no convenient door. There is only a convenient gargoyle, presently gushing rainwater through a fanged mouth. Willoughby sighs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:26 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby steps out from the doorway to the servants' entrance.

"My humblest apologies, your Majesty," he begins. "I do not wish to intrude. My name is Mr. Willoughby; I am the servant of the Lady Eleanor." He bows modestly. "My xanthous, ebullient, and impetuous companion— or protegé— is known as Amertrine. He is fond of lemonade."

Willoughby briefly checks his pocketwatch, and then turns to the Lady Eleanor. "It seems I must apologize to you as well, My Lady. I am greatly tardy in delivering my report."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:16 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine gestures for Mr. Willoughby to take a seat.

"Welcome! Welcome! Your Majesty, your Lady, prepare for the greatest storytelling you will have ever heard! It'll have action! It'll have words so eloquent, that mankind has only dreamt of them! There'll be thrills and chills and ginger snaps and..."

"Servants, bring me some lemonade and ginger snaps too, while you're at it."

"Um, where was I? Oh, yes. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to receive an oratorical euphoria!"

Then, quickly floating next to Mr. Willoughby's ear. "How was that for an entrance speech? Good luck, and let me know when you get to the part about the zombie hyena... I've still got our 'demonstration model' ready for display."

Ametrine winks and returns to his seat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:59 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The king raises one eyebrow. "Yes, let us hear this... report."

"Did you find Lauren?" asks Eleanor. "Is she safe?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

For a moment, Ametrine witnesses a visibly flustered Eternal Valet.

"Er, yes, action, eloquence, indeed," he begins, blinking rapidly.

"Well. Chronologically speaking, then.

I left the estate in the direction of Frithold, seeking some form of information regarding the whereabout of Ms. Lauren. Along the last mountain pass, I chanced upon Mr. Ametrine, who requested sanction to assist me in my search. I had no objection to this proposal, so we continued onwards to Frithold, where I made further inquiries directed at ascertaining Ms. Lauren's location. We departed with the intention of reaching the area close to Phee, but encountered difficulties in the form of a group of unusually aggressive deceased hyenas..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:37 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Upon hearing the key word, Ametrine reaches into his bag of holding and pulls out a large iron barrel. With some fanfare and posturing, he opens the hatch on one end.

Three things emerge from the barrel, none of which are a zombie hyena: A putrid odor, a rotting sludge, and a mostly-intact skeleton of a carnivorous quadriped, which may or may not have belonged to a hyena.

Ametrine takes a moment, to stare in shock, at the substances he has just deposited onto the dining hall floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby nods at the nearest servant. "Fetch some lime, if you please. Extract of jabuticaba root and Korster's oil would be nice, if you can find some." He addresses a second. "A large cleaning pan, fine scrub brush, and sealed barrel are essential." A third. "Oh, and some water and a drying cloth. Now."

Following this, Willoughby deftly appropriates an empty serving tray from the nearest cabinet and approaches the rotting mess with the intention of scooping up as much sludge as possible. This kind of thing stains, you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:47 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The designated servants scatter in their appointed direction. The king just watches, one eyebrow still raised, apparently unperturbed.

Lady Eleanor, by contrast, gasps in shock (this being the appropriate ladylike reaction) and holds a perfume soaked handkerchief over her nose to cover the smell.

The most dramatic reaction, however, is from the hyena skeleton. At Mr. Willoughby's approach, it turns and snaps at the outstretched tray, before pulling its feet under itself and making a second lunge towards the nearest available leg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Thinking quickly, Ametrine pulls a small circlet out of the bag. He squeezes it in his grip until a lance of blinding light emits from the metal ring, engulfing the calciferous carnivore within its illumination. When the light fades, the skeleton is gone. The sludge on the floor, however, is untouched.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next