Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:11 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The monkey leads you to the center of the building, where a spiral staircase leads down. Lauren follows you, and Luma takes up rearguard.

About five stories down, you find Twill, perched on the edge of the wrecked remnants of where the spiral staircase used to go down into a room at the bottom. He is currently engaged in a staring contest with a giant brass rat - and, in fact, the whole area smells like rats...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:24 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart sniffs the air, and his fur puffs out. He speaks quietly, "This is less than pleasant. But, admittedly, what I was looking for. Now I just need a wand of Remove Curse."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:04 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill waves without breaking the golem's gaze. "Hello," he says. "I'm Twill. Pardon me for not greeting you more formally, but I am currently approaching the two-hour mark of a staring contest with this golem, which incidentally would like very much to kill me. Lauren, do you think you could destroy or incapacitate it without hurting the non-golem rats down there?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Remove curse? Why would you need a wand of remove curse?" Laurn ponders, "Well, I suppose if you needed more than twenty-one uses of the spell in a day..."

"Twill, this is Stewart. I don't know if you would have heard of him; he's a research wizard of some renown, but..." Lauren peers over your shoulder at the rat golem. "Hm. Since it can't get to us, the first thing to find out is how it reacts to magic in general." She tosses a salvo of force bolts at it; they hit - and vanish. No effect at all.

"Well, that's not encouraging."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:37 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Quietly Stewart will note, "Because not all of us have access to it, my dear... And let's see if this even hits it." He then frowns and gestures vaguely at the golem, which is suddenly surrounded by a burst of electricity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:05 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Arcs of electricity crackle across the surface of the construct, leaving it scored and pitted - but not greatly damaged. Still, that was far more effective than Lauren's spell was...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:13 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"So, not immune. Just hard to affect, although that's still not encouraging. I can do that for a good while, although I don't know if that'll be enough. Any other ideas, or do we just bombard it with spells and maybe a construct or two?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:41 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill has had much time to ponder. "Might it be possible to immobilize it? Sink it into the floor, perhaps?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:58 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Clever but not something I can easily do. I can probably cocoon it for about four minutes. If it wasn't a construct, I could turn it to crystal." He frowns. "All the other options I can think of are destructive or would last no longer. Simple wizards have more options in these matters, sadly."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:17 am 
Needs a Guide

Twill ponders. "Four minutes might well be enough. Let us venture it!"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 610 Next