A Brief Concerning the Kindred of the City

Rumor and discourse among the court of Rochester
Forum rules
If your username is not your character name, sign your posts.
Kyle Morris
Mostly Sane

A Brief Concerning the Kindred of the City

Post by Kyle Morris »

Circulated around through the Kindred of the City:

A number of events befell us and our companions during our last social gathering. A truly fantastic battle was to be waged between the Dragon and the Crone, as each believed that the other was threatening them. In truth this meeting was arranged it seems by the Shadow of a Soul, who had returned to town on this night. When neither side was willing to strike the first blow, he leveled an accusation against his reflection that he was beholden to the Mark of the Beast. As the original Soul was fleeing from the confrontation due to the Nightmarish visage of one of the Pretties, the group set out in pursuit of him. Most notably the First among the Savages who seems to have gone past Six, though not perhaps of his own accord. I am speaking to him, and perhaps my Voice will prove stronger than that of the one who recruited him.

The First among the Haunts confronted the First among the Savages in single combat, and felled him after a bitter fight. There was interference from those beholden to those who have gone past six, but it was eliminated by the Chief. After the First among Savages fell, the Haunt was set upon by the Savage-Haunt, whose cries and blade brought him down and then while helpless he was made to die by his own empowered servant who now serves those past six. She was subdued in turn, but as it stands the city has lost the services of two notable leaders.

A number of accusations and actions happened during this time that must be brought to light however:

I. That the Shadows Soul has been accused of being beholden to the Mark of the Beast. He has made no move as yet to reject this accusation. The Chief was in pursuit of him, as was the Chancellor. Thus it is suggested that the accusation has been sustained.
II. That the First Among Savages has been revealed as an Agent of Those who Go Past Six. He has been subdued and remains in the custody of his people, and efforts are being made to return him to his original allegiances.
III. That the First Among Haunts is dead, due to the actions of Those who Go Past Six and the Savage-Haunt. Those members of the former who were involved are now in our custody, and were not acting of their own will. The latter spoke to the Chief, and it would seem the Chief holds him blameless at the current time for the Haunt's death.
IV. That the Toothless Shadow has been accused of being Beholden to the Mark of the Beast. This accusation has been denied, and neither the First Among Shadows nor the Chief seems inclined to move against her, this accusation seems to be rejected.

I remain the humble witness of this court,
KM
Michael
Needs a Guide

Re: A Brief Concerning the Kindred of the City

Post by Michael »

Nice update Kyle,

but in regards to what you have said and I quote:
I. That the Shadows Soul has been accused of being beholden to the Mark of the Beast. He has made no move as yet to reject this accusation. The Chief was in pursuit of him, as was the Chancellor. Thus it is suggested that the accusation has been sustained.
throwing these accusations around can be detrimental to ones requiem. i did not rebuke the claims cuz i did not think it needed one. I pray that you and others do not listen to crazy spirits hell bent on my destruction. I mean really? I left the scene cuz of that noob pretty, and if i was there I would have bitched slapped that lil' fucker back in to the the Mirror that it came from. matter settled, case closed.

Sol
Kyle Morris
Mostly Sane

Re: A Brief Concerning the Kindred of the City

Post by Kyle Morris »

Ah, I can amend my report with this. Most excellent, this has been quite helpful of you. It is difficult to compile reports without the full and proper facts. Here were the full facts that I had:

I. An accusation was made against you, admittedly by an unreliable party. As soon as this accusation was made, there was an effort at pursuit made against you.
II. We did not find you, nor hear from you after the night ended, but we did find the wreckage of your motorcycle and with one of the Chief's knives stuck into it. This suggests you were attacked by the Chief.
III. It is possible that you did not make any refutations to this claim because you were unaware that such a claim was made against you. In the practice of my people, should it turn out that I have made an error, I will print a retraction with correction for all of us to see.

I am sure we will see you again soon at one of our gatherings, and justice will be done. My interest is, as it has always been, on the truth coming forward for the proper authorities to make their decisions.

KM