Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: A new house-rule
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

So, I'm stealing this idea from here.

To re-post (so you don't have to click on the link if you don't want to):

I am offering an ongoing Bribe(TM) to all players. If you contribute to the forum, I will give you an extra Fate Point at the start of the next session. Now, by contribute, I mean adding something that reflects and/or enhances the game - so, a short write-up about the last session from your character's point of view, a story from your character's past, a little write-up on something cool in the SF south bay area that you think others should know about, taking part in an IC conversation in Neutral Grounds, things like that. Things that don't count include updating your character stats, chiming in on metagame things like scheduling, posting off-topic links and discussions, stuff like that. Note that this doesn't mean I don't want you to do these other things - you just don't get a Fate Point for them.

Fine print: Awarding of a Fate Point is solely at my discretion. No more than one extra Fate Point will be awarded per session. Fate Points are non-transferable and cannot be used to purchase extra Mortal Stunts or Supernatural Powers. Whining about Fate Points will probably make me mock you.

As a secondary note, this will come into play *after* the next game session, since it would be unfair of me to bring it into play now when not everyone will necessarily hear about it until then.

Post subject: Re: A new house-rule
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Another new houserule: Block actions function by reducing the shifts of whatever action they're blocking. So, if you put up a strength 2 block against someone running away, and they get four shifts on a sprint action, they get to move two zones, not four.

Yes, yes, I thought it was obvious that that's what they did, too, but apparently I was wrong - by rules-as-written, they only do that with attack actions.