Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Quote file!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:03 pm 
Needs a Guide

Game rocks, and tonight had more than usual in the way of hilarious quotes.

~~~

I commented that after the ambush of the leader of the Red Court, the Veantori Umbrorum might be a bit short on resources for another round of attacks.

The GM Agreed:

"It's really hard to sanctify napalm, I'm just saying."

~~

Two characters (a wizard and a technomage who is learning phoenix fire) go to check on a baby monster:

Technomage : "We looked into a room, that was supposed to have an Uktena, contained in a room. And it doesn't!"

Wizard : "So you lit yourself on fire?"

~~~

One character took mental consequences when overcharging his magic in the fight with the Red Court. His shadow now has a life of its own, and acts out his subconscious desires. In this case, it runs away from the fire, on the ceiling. The other character notices:

Technomage : "You have a passenger."

Wizard : "Yeah. I'd prefer that didn't get out."

Technomage : "I could contain it in a circle...?"

Wizard : "No! I meant news of it not getting out!"

~~~

Tips on handling fire:

Technomage : "It's like any hazardous substance, really. It's safer than Uranium, though."

*long pause*

Technomage : "When it hurts you, you know."

~~~

The Wizard and Technomage leave the cave, and the GM determines that if the Technomage leaves the warded cave on fire, a small Summer Court aligned lizard would show up and bask in it :

GM : "How long before your character turns the fire off?"

Technomage player : "Ryan does not step out of the cave on fire, in case someone might be watching."

Me, out of character : "But it lets you summon a cute lizard!"

Technomage player : "Ryan has too many cute animals as it is."

~~~

Time for the assault on the red court:

Player : "Assault and pepper?"

GM : "Assault and buttery with intent to dill?"

Non-player at one remote location : "Ack!!!"

Player : "Neat, collateral damage."

~~~

The Wizard's girlfriend wants to come along on the assault (the Red Court blew up her college, and tried to kill her and her friends).

Wizard, in character, in a shocked tone : "Are you actually combat useful?"

GM, rolling dice : "Would you like to be encased in a solid block of ice?"

~~~

Also, the text chat has been hilarious.

Erik: BTW, what happened to the samurai's katana?

Inali: Still in the wall I think?

Matthew: Its currently in a wall. why?

GM: I think it's still stuck in stone somewhere.

Erik: okay, I'll be asking about that at some point.

~~

Later, I reminded everyone of the first or second game session, in which a small earthquake was cause by something which appears to have done so by stomping on the ground (it left a supernatural giant footprint). When we researched in the magic section of the university library (it's run by wizards, and non-wizard students think it is the folklore section) we got this:

There are, of course, the obvious suspects: Bigfoot. Various native american bear and badger spirits. Ursiel, of the Denarians. Some kind of partially-aquatic otter-bear-thing called a "Lutear" - the cliff notes in the book you're reading claim there are at least a few of these living in the bay, though it looks like that note is from several decades ago. After that things start to get a bit iffy; apparently there's one subspecies of questing beast has bear-like feet, and there's a listing for a "wooly dragon" - though they're noted as quite rare and tend to prefer much colder climates. And somebody decided it'd be a great idea to file a couple D&D books in the mythology section, from which you can add the aurumvorax and the owlbear to your list. (Both of those creatures having annotations saying that they're "probably real".)

~~~

Still more from the chat log - these are from the same scene:

Matthew: <== I HAVE ACCESS TO AN ARMORED TRUCK

Inali: And you believe you can explain the differences in biting bad people and good people to a toddler?

Post subject: Re: Quote file!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 pm 
Needs a Guide

EVEN MORE hilarious quotes, and we went on vacation to Hawaii!!

Today's game included Sam, David, Matthew, and Inali.

The game starts when Sam gets a call from the VU:

“You know that animal control unit we have? Someone actually called them directly, and reported a lion halfway up a skyscraper, on the outside... We think it might be someone's idea of a joke.”

After Sam calls another party member, Matthew begins to investigate:

GM - “So, you're just calling up zoos and asking them if they are missing any lions?”

Matthew OOC - “Yes, it's faster like that.”

Matthew IC - “So, I've seen a lion recently, are you missing any lions?”

After rolls, GM - “There are no lions missing, they are quite certain about this!”

Voicemail Message:

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. We're getting reports of a lion downtown, halfway up a skyscraper. Was just calling to see if any of the nesting dolls is missing, or awakened, or ate you in your sleep. Please call me back!”

OOC, out of character after GM revelation:
Sam OOC - “Wow, I hope the cat doesn't get into any trouble in the hour it takes me to get there.”

There is a mountain lion perched on a ledge 30 stories up. The GM has been researching.

GM - “Oh, better picture, there are windowsills – they are about an inch wide.”

Sam - “Can anyone put a mountain lion to sleep? I can probably carry it...”

Sam - “We're gonna need to catch it in a net, put it to sleep, and I'll carry it out.”

Sam “I'm thinking that if we dart it and it falls, we have a problem.”

David “I'm thinking that if we piss it off, it will come inside.”

Sam “Oh, that works.”

They are trying to coax the cat off the ledge:

Sam OOC “Sam is worried about it falling.”

Sam “Can anyone make glass vanish?”

Matthew “I have a class cutter in my car! … What, doesn't everyone?”

GM consults notes - “I don't know where this location came from. This is the Bank of Antartica. The sign has a little penguin on it.”

After speculation about how precariously the cat is perched on the one inch windowsill, the GM notes that it seems OK:

Sam OOC - “The cat missed the memo from gravity.”

Clarifying:
David OOC - “Did you just say it looks like a walking ley line?”

GM - “Yes.”

David relays this.

Sam - “Um, we cut open the window and invite it to chat?”

Matthew - “So, Professor Aquilas, you may not know, but David has transported a ley line into your office. A ley line that happens to look like a cat.”

David pays a student to get cat-toy making supplies. He ends up tossing a ball at the cat:

The GM rolls. “The cat bats the ball back at you. It is also now on fire.”

David OOC - “David quietly puts that out.”

GM - “The cat gives you this 'well that was less interesting that I expected' look and goes back to eating.”

Setting the secne:

GM - “It is 8:00 or 9:00 PM. The office is brightly lit. The cat is still asleep in a pool of sunlight. Oh, wait, the sun went down hours ago. The professor finishes his book. And picks up another one.”

One character starts a mortal investigation with his employer:

GM - “What are you telling them about why you are investigating this?”

Matthew OOC - “Do they ask?”

GM - “There's a spot on the paperwork.”

Sam OOC - “Why are you spending FBI resources on this. Question Mark.”

On travel through the Nevernever:

Sam - “I vote not to go through China. We have two Kitsune.”

On trying to find safe routes through the Nevernever:

Sam OOC - “How many more people are we adding to this?”

GM - “Yeah, this group won't attract any attention at all...”

Sam OOC - “Yeah, we have Tina, because she'd want to come along, and a White Council wizard, an ancient Sumerian snake goddess, and her... her cultist (I don't know what Matthew is these days), one seemingly normal human, two Kitsune, … and who else?”

GM - “Would Ryan want to go?”

Sam OOC - “And giant robots!”

The party wants to go to Hawaii through the Nevernever. This would normally be a trip through Summer Court territory, but some party members are allied with the Winter Court.

GM - “Ferret, does Hawaii have a hockey team?”

Matthew OOC “There's an ice palace Hawaii?”

Many people “What?!?!”

Googling commences...

David OOC - “Real Hawaian ice...”

GM - “Recreational Hawaiian Hockey League... Well, you can get to Hawaii through winter territory. How about that?”

Resources rolls for paying for hotel rooms:

Sam OOC - “I got a two.”

GM - “You get to argue with Ikoji about who is paying for your room. He also got a two.”

Oh hotel rooms:
Inali - “Hell, I was figuring I'd mooch as a footwarmer or something.”
*coughshapeshiftingcough*

GM - “That is a good point. Sam and Ikoji can share a twin bed. It is quite comfortable for one human and one fox.”

GM - “I'm going to start with a Lore roll. Yes, yes, he definitely gets a Lore roll.”

Sam OOC - “Against this party? YES he DOES!”

David, to NPC - “Do you know what caused him to marry an Ice Drake?”

GM, shaking dice - “That calls for a WTF check.”

NPC, hands David a sword - “You should take this. It was Melchior's personal weapon. It may unlock some doors for you, or maybe it's just a hate-filled paperweight.”

Sam OOC - “Great, that's what this group needs, more crazy weapons!”

Matthew OOC - “Hey, we blew up the last one. Clearly crazy weapons don't have a long shelf life.”

GM - “You pick up the sword. It is full of fury and hatred at everything.”

David - “Ooooh, goody. Fury and hatred. That's not a Warden's sword, check.”

The party is on a road in Hawaii . David is out of Fate points, and thus the GM gets a compel on any aspect. He has an Aspect for a Winter Court Amulet. He has stated that he left it at home. But a great compel would be being attacked by the Summer Court, because he doesn't have the visible symbol of Winter with him. Suddenly, there is a horse in the road. Sam makes a Drive check, and gets a 4:

GM – “Do you want to stop or go around.”

Sam OOC - “Go around. Because this is either someone in distress, or an attack of some kind. Sam doesn't want to stop.”

GM – “OK, you swerve around the horse with the elf in armor.”

David OOC – “Did you just say an elf in armor?”

GM - “Yes. So you are now driving down the road being perused by a guy on a horse shooting at you with a shortbow. There also the sounds of howling off in the distance There should not be wolves here.”

David OOC - “Is this broad daylight?”

GM - “Yes.”

The party is chased by some wolves. The GM notes that this is not the full Wild Hunt:

GM - "It is, however, the wild hunt's little brother."

Inali OOC - “The Frisky Hunt?”

Sam rolls a -1 on her Drive roll, which would be a 0. She asks to spend a Fate point for a +2 on the roll.

GM – “Which Aspect do you invoke?”

Sam OOC – “Crap. Wait, I have something for this. Yes! I'm in Very Special Ops Training!”

GM - “Then the wolves do not succeed in hamstringing, note the air quotes, your vehicle.”

Matthew OOC - “How do you hamstring a, no wait I don't want to know!”

GM, cheerfully - “By biting off the wheels, of course. However, there is one, dare we say Frisky, wolf who is on the roof. You can tell because its claws are sticking through the roof.”

David OOC – “I'll take the sniper rifle, put it right against the roof between the claws, and pull the trigger. I don't need the skill for this!”

He gets a 2, which is good for someone with no Guns skill.

GM - “Good, you do not break your arm for improper firing of a sniper rifle. There is another hole in the roof.”

Sam OOC – “Crap, there goes our deposit!”

Matthew OOC – “Good thing we got insurance.”

While David is trying to Declare (using Athletics) that the wolf cannot Dodge while still staying on the roof, the GM suddenly rolls dice.

GM - “And the wolf forgot to Declare that there is a sunroof. Darn.”

Still fighting wolves:

GM - “It is Ashiaru's turn. There are holes in the roof. The roof is made of metal. There should not be holes in the roof.”

GM rolls for Ashiaru, who does magic with the element of Earth, which includes metal.

GM - “And there are no longer any holes in the roof. There is a horrible screeching sound followed by a wolf falling off the back of the car.”

David - “That insurance is great!”

GM - “Now, the upholstery and the interior is pretty damaged. But the roof, the roof is fine.”

Still with the wolves!

GM - “The alpha wolf, having decided that the roof is not a good place to stand, would like to instead just tackle the car off the road.”

Sam OOC “WHAT?!?!?!”

Matthew OOC - “I bid physics!”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:25 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote File for Sunday, August 28th

On Wikipedia:
GM : I will say this for Wikipedia : it's a great reference or game stuff when I don't care if it's completely accurate.

Yes, we play Dresden Files:
GM : Inali, would you like a Fate Point?
*general laughter*
Inali OOC : That is a loaded question.

When the conversation is not about you:
Sam OOC : Wait, what I got out of that was Blah Blah Blah, shiny new search engine, Blah Blah Blah, giant bats.
GM : Uh huh!

The important questions:
Inali : So there is another giant bat running around?
GM : No, this is not you.

Sam's player gets a phone call:
Sam OOC : Wait, I come back and I hear “at a nearby prison”
GM : Yes. Quote “A mysterious gas explosion”

To clarify:
Sam : So what you are saying is that something large and invisible broke into a prison and kidnapped or killed a bunch of people we sent there?
Matthew : Yes
Sam : Could this be some sort of Winter Court assassin?

While investigating a prison break:
GM : And Erik's car was found not far from there throughly destroyed. As in someone made it explode and melt.
Inali : Generally voided the warranty
GM : Have you seen those pictures of what happens to a car after a wildfire goes through the area?
Sam : No
Inali : Uh huh
GM : Pretty much that. A couple of escaped convicts were apparently trying to steal the car at the time, and it went off. They are now dead. Coroners are not 100% certain which convicts those were. Erik is now howhere to be found. He'll probably turn up some time.

All of Ryan's Voicemail Messages from last game:

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. We're getting reports of a lion downtown, halfway up a skyscraper. Was just calling to see if any of the nesting dolls is missing, or awakened, or ate you in your sleep. Please call me back!”

“Hi Rayn, it's Sam again. The cat turned out to be a ley line or something. We took it to the Professor. So I guess you're okay. Anyway, if you come by to check it out don't bring anything electronic within, like, a mile!”

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. We're going to be going on vacation. David needs to talk to this guy, and we're pretty sure he's not in Russia or Alasaka. Hawaii should be nice this time of year. We're traveling by, um, well, non-standard means. You can come too. Erm, you may not be able to bring your stuff though, not sure what that would do to electronics. Anyway, call me!”

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. The beaches are beautiful! I wish you were here, you could try surfing. Ijoki says hi!”

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. Hawaii is crazy. We got attacked by a guy on a horse and a pack of wolves. Maybe you made the right call. It's been hell on our rental car. Anyway, we should head home soon, it's all getting out of hand.”

“Hi Ryan, it's Sam. We're home. Call me when you can.”

Ryan's voicemail followed by:

Benabik -> coffee
Benabik <- coffee

Sam : So, Ryan has a lot of voicemail. I was told he had it turned off, so I assume he gets them all at once.
GM : He must have spent the weekend at the reactor working on Matchbox stuff.
Sam : I thought I heard he turned off his cell phone because He thought a girl who might be a computer program was stalking him.
GM : Well, yes. But there would not be a reason for it to be off for several days.
Inali : Maybe he was experimenting with something and accidentally hit it with an EMP.

Matthew, investigating the prison break :
Matthew : Hmmmmm, I forgot to roll a Should I Blame Eric check?
Sound of die rolling
Matthew : Yes, yes it is, this is Eric's fault. I give it a 77% chance of being Eric's fault.

Character sheets:
Matthew : Hrm, I have two or three skill points. Maybe I can do something with them
Sam : Buy skills?
GM : If anyone in this group was likely to forget to use skill points, Ferret is it.

Still investigating a prison break:
Matthew : Does Ryan have a security clearance?
Ryan : Ryan works at a nuclear reactor
Sam : So his security clearance is probably related to science and neuclear reactors, not federal prisoners.
GM : Yes.

Still with the prison break...
Matthew : Let's see, how little classified information can I give away here? I should at least try.
GM : The mere fact of the prison break is not classified. It is on the news as a gas explosion...

~

GM : If you told someone it [prison raid] was magic, that would not be classified, Because the people running the the investigation would not believe you...

Re Bank of Antarctica -
GM : It made it into my notes right next to the scorpion-tailed monkey.
Sam : Ack! That can stay in your notes!
GM : Do you know what the really amusing thing about the scorpion-tailed monkey is?
Sam : No.
GM : I stole it from a videogame where it was one of your ALLIES.

RESEARCH:
Benabik set topic to " Bank of Antarctica "
Benabik : http://www.bankofantarctica.com/specimens.php
Group views the webpage.
Benabik : It is not a real bank, and that is not real currency.
Sam : In our game, it's not a real bank either!
Benabik set topic to " First International Bank of Antarctica "
Benabik : It would be the "First National", but Antarctica isn't a nation.

The Bank of Antarctica has all sorts of odd activities:
GM : And it is interesting that all of this started just after all the computer systems at the bank of Antarctica were wiped.
General laughter – the PCs were partially responsible.

It's good to have friends:
Matthew : I suppose I should thank Inali for making my life even more confusing.
Inali : You're quite welcome.

What were we doing again?
GM : OK, yes! Giant bats. On Friday. Your search engine will interrupt its current results with “Hey, you were interested in this!”

GM : It returns blog posts with phrases like “Giant bats!” and a whole bunch of profanity I do not care to repeat. It being mostly-drunk college students.

When research goes wrong...
GM : Examining the photograph [of the giant bat] later, it does appear to be some sort of pterosaur.
GM provides photographic evidence
Inali : I'm not really sure where to go with this one.
Sam : Now that it's not a giant bat?
Inali : You have successfully thrown the kitsune for a loop.
GM : Yaaaaaaay!

A Lore roll on the subject of necromancy -
GM : That is enough to know that you can theoretically use necromancy on a fossil skeleton.
Sam : And there are rumors about a crazy guy in Chicago...

The "giant bat" sightings were on Fridays...
Inali : Inali lets people know that there is a pteranodon in town.
Sam : But why Fridays? Wouldn't it be around on other days?
Inali : What?

Matthew is a reporter with the college newspaper, and is Compelled to investigate (Trouble Aspect of Must Get The Scoop!”)-
GM : You are compelled to write a story about this before it reaches the tabloids.
GM : Ancient Dinosaur Spotted by Alert College Student
Matthew : On Internet.
GM : Alert may be put in quotes. There was probably alcohol involved.
Contacts rolls, for input from an actual
GM : Mysterious Photograph Improved Theoretical Models. You can actually write two different articles on this.
Matthew : Awesome. Front page for me!
GM : I'm not sure this would... wait, you have a nifty picture. Yes, you make the front page.
Matthew : Mwa ha ha, eat that, science is better than you!

Reactions to the photograph of what looks like a pterosaur being posted on the internet-
GM : One post that you can trace back to an archeological dig says, “Where on earth was this picture taken? Seriously, we need to know! With a picture like that, you could get an article in-”
Mer-ack! [cat noise]
GM : You can get an article in Mer-ack.

Inali can turn into a giant bat, and is investigating the pterosaur -
GM : Would you like a Fate Point to be mistaken for a Black Court Vampire?
Sam : The answer to that is no!

Back to the prison break:
Erik : So it had claws, or whatever it was using, but it's hard to tell if something has claws when it is invisible and being shot at by a SWAT team that it was taking apart.
Matthew : No one bothered to mention to me that a SAWT team got torn apart, but details.

So, that prison break, Erik...
Erik : So what's this about an accomplice?
Matthew : Well, there was evidence that someone scaled the wall before the thing showed up.
Erik : Oh. That.
Matthew : Yes.
Erik : Well, how would you know that this happened before the thing got there?
Matthew : Well, that's all the questions I had to ask Erik. I still think it is all his fault.

Matthew has an Aspect that lets him show up wherever it is convenient:
Erik : So, you catch Erik at his apartment, and the samurai [the assassin who got broken out of prison] walks through the door packing his bags to go back to Japan.
Inali : That's not incriminating at all.

On mode of transport:
Erik : So we got a ride from the Red Court people. That new leader we put in power by offing the old one.
Sam : Wait, you get rides from the Red Court? Be very happy that Sam is not there.
Matthew : Well, I already knew he was crazy, but apparently this merits additional investigation.

Matthew does not trust Erik...
Matthew : But that can't be his fault. Which means it was his friends' fault...

So, we still have this assassin that broke out of prison...
Erik : So, are you going to let the Japanese guy go back to Japan?
Matthew : Well...
Sam : Hey, he was trying to kill my boyfriend
GM : No, he was trying to kill Ashiaru, he was going to capture Ikoji. Now, he may have been killed after he got back to Japan.
Sam : Oh. Well Sam still hates him. So, Matthew, he was trying to kill your wife.
Matthew : Well, what does Ahiaru think of this?
GM : How vengeful is Ashiaru feeling today?
Rolls dice.
GM : Moderately vengeful.
GM researches what this means.
GM : Of, she's going to tell Ikoji. Because he was the only one actually harmed.
Erik : Oh crap.
Matthew OOC : Well, you've earned the Fate Point.
GM : Yes, because Ikoji is going to tell Sam. And Ashiaru is going to tell Inali.
….
And we end up with Ijoki and Ashiaru removing his Yakuza tatoos with blood magic.
Erik : That's going to get him killed.
Sam OOC : Not if he talks fast...
GM : Now he has to stay here.
Erik : Now I can't take him back to Japan. I don't want a houseguest!!!

GM : So Matthew, Ashiaru, and Ikoji show up at your apartment.
Erik : Oh greaaaat, there goes that deposit.
Ashiaru : Now, now, I promise there won't be any blood on the carpet when I'm gone...
GM : You can roll Lore to find out what they are doing before it is done.
Erik OOC : 3
GM : Yup, that's a modified Healing spell.
GM : And Ashiaru brought along a couple of sacrificial rats to power the ritural. Because this guy doesn't deserve her shedding her own blood.
GM : So she says “We're done here” and leaves.
GM : No, wait. I need to make a Hubris roll, so see if she just removes them or replaces them with her own mark.
There is discussion, and the GM remembers that this guy was sent to kill Ashiaru, specifically, and the Yakuza will know what her mark looks like.
GM : It would be appropriate. She gets a Fate Point for hubris and he has her mark.
GM : I will note that there is no blood on your carpet when she leaves. There is blood on the carpet in the interim.
Erik : It's still better than my last apartment.
Mathew : You mean the smoking ruin?
Erik : Yeah, anything is a set up, really.
GM : It was just the one grenade. The first one was a dud.

Still have this assassin:
GM : Well the first question is are you gong to dissuade him from going back to Japan anyway?
Erik : Are they just going to kill him?
GM : Probably not juuuuuuust....
Benabik : I refuse to answer because my answer may incinerate me?

We're off to fight Black Court Vampires:
Ryan : I can only assume Ryan's primary weapon is this is a supersoaker. Assuming someone can get him holy water.
Sam : Can you apply your Guns skill to a supersoaker?
Erik : Yes.
Sam : Sam has regular guns and a supersoaker.

We find someone doing a ritual:
Erik : Why would you cut yourself open and bleed if not as a sacrifice to a dark god?
Sam : Maybe you are just bad at it?
GM : Well, there doesn't have to be magic involved... There are various blood brother ceremonies, for instance.
Ryan : Ack, no Blood Brothers!
Sam : Chortles.

So the Black Court is in a house...
Erik OOC : I say there is too much house here.
Ryan OOC : Ryan is not an arsonist
Erik OOC: I'm not either. And I don't blow things up with grenades either.
Sam OOC : Yeah right.

Everyone points out that Phoenix would want Ryan to light the house on fire.
GM : Phoenix, not much with the sanity
Ryan OOC : Ryan has taken to not listening to Phoenix's ideas.
Matthew OOC : But they are great ideas!
Ryan OOC : Ryan probably listens to too many of them as it is.

The ritual is done:
GM : The sun goes dark.
Inali : Oooo, they went for an eclipse.
GM : No, if you look around, about 40 or 50 feet away, there is an edge to the shadow. It is a very localized eclipse.

Improved weapons:
Inali : You know, instead of holy water squirt gins, we could have holy garlic oil squirt guns.
Sam : I'm not sure we could find anyone to bless garlic oil on short notice.
GM : Well, you could add holy water to regular garlic oil, right?
Sam : Um, no?
GM : The church might not approve, but they don't need to know...

Somehow, the house is still standing...
GM : How are you breaking into the house?
Erik : X-slash.
GM : Ah, weapons.
Matthew : The standard method.
Erik : Yeah, with the bonus from the katana.
GM : You have achieved proper vengeance agains the window.
Erik : Bwa ha, ha ha ha ha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:57 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Not exactly quotes per se, but some stuff from last game session.

The setup: The PCs have put up a tracking spell to find someone that's been kidnapped; the kidnapper is known to use hellfire, and is most likely a warlock. They track it back to a perfectly ordinary looking suburban house (albeit in one of the worst parts of town).

The house is warded - albeit fairly poorly. From the perspective of David, it's kinda like someone stuck a jug of nitroglycerine under their doorstep. Sure, it'll be a real pain for any intruder who sets it off... but it could just as easily be set off by a passing squirrel. Or a minor earthquake (this is California...) Or because you happened to look at it funny. David spends some time disarming the ward, while other PCs are busy trying to convince the neighbors that they're just filming for a college project and there's no need to call the cops.

Two groups head in; one finds the warlock - she's in the kitchen, baking cookies. The other finds the person they were actually looking for, and starts working on getting him out. Eventually, all of this is resolved (NPC rescued, warlock restrained, yadda yadda.)

At this point, they notice the sound of crying from the one room in the house that nobody has gone into yet. Being PCs, they investigate. Or, more specifically, Matthew investigates - being one of two people not otherwise occupied at the time. (The other one is Ashyaru. It's generally agreed that sending her to investigate would be a bad idea. Hrmph, I say. I would have found that hilarious.)

The room contains 1x 8-year-old kid. Who, in about three seconds flat, goes from crying on the bed, to banzai charge (complete with toy sword), crying out things like "Back foul demon!" The sword is declared to be child-safe and more or less harmless, and after a few minutes, Matthew allows himself to be driven from the room. (Quote: "Dealing with kids is hard!")

However, while he's there, he makes a (very - it's Matthew) successful investigate check, declaring the presence of a large number of the standard "kid gets spirited away to go play hero in a fantasy world" type books. Which is then tagged by David to play the role of the wise old wizard; the two of them head off to a nearby mcdonalds. Well, three of them really - Tina is along, but rolled high enough on her stealth that the kid doesn't notice.

The kid's name is Jason Finch, and - while it hasn't manifested yet - he's a potential wizard level talent. He says that both of his parents have been missing "forever" (later cross-checking with missing persons reports will reveal it's been about a year) - his dad just gone, and his mom replaced by a demon that looks just like her. Except that nobody believed him about that until David showed up. (Later investigation by the warden reveals that the "replaced with a demon" bit is figurative rather than literal, but - in practical terms - true enough; there's both general Lawbreaker corruption there, as well as deliberate mental attacks from some outside force, and very little left of the original person.)

Before they can get too far into that conversation, people with advance warning type abilities (including David's magical compass aspect) start to notice that there's a big earthquake incoming. David heads off to deal with that, leaving Jason with Tina. Which is, of course, when the fomori decide to attack.

Tina: I don't think they expected me to be a threat.
Jason: So these things walked up, and were all like [borg voice]"We are the frogs. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."[/borg voice] And then Scary Shadow Lady ripped their leader's throat out! It was awesome!
Jason will happily describe the resulting battle to anyone who asks, in gory (and increasingly made-up) detail, complete with comparisons to his favorite movies. (Though he does note that the movies were considerably less smelly.) There are a couple of constants, though: Tina struck first, using a physical attack that the fomori were totally not expecting, and held the offensive for pretty much the entire encounter. There were no survivors - those that tried to run were cut down by ice magic. Those that tried to play dead and sneak away while Tina's back were turned got swallowed whole by her shadows. (And the first time that latter detail comes up in Tina's presence, she heads for the bathroom with a decidedly nauseated look on her face; come dinner that evening she's "not hungry, thank you.")

One other important detail that comes up from talking to Jason: there were other "demons" that showed up at his house on occasion - he always hid in his room when that happened. And this isn't the first time those other "demons" have brought somebody, left them there for a while, and then taken them away never to be seen again.

Jason eventually gets passed on to David's parents - a location that he accepts as long as "Beardless" and "Scary Shadow Lady" promise to come and visit regularly. (Why does he call David "Beardless"? Well, David's a wizard, right? And wizards are supposed to have long white beards. But he doesn't. Q.E.D.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:30 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote file for September 11

GM : This is one of those places that advertises that it is “South of the 101!” They just do not include that it is three feet south of the highway...

Matthew OOC : So we need to get the gang to set the house on fire, so it is not our fault.
GM : You can just walk away and let them do it.
Sam OOC : No, we can walk up to them, make the suggestion, and then watch under one of Inali's veils to see if they need any help.
Inali OOC : So that they can give our descriptions to the police if any of them get caught
Matthew OOC : No, we're just going to blame them.

Matthew is crazy...
GM : What are you assuming today?
Matthew OOC : Oh, I forgot to check if it is Eric's fault today. There's a low chance... *rolls dice* Nope, it's not Erik's fault today. Oh, I have skill points. I wonder how much it would cost to make it +1 to Erik's Fault.

The GM points out that Matthew has Fate Points to spend...
Matthew OOC : I could retroactively make setting the house on fire Erik's fault.
Sam OOC : He has an aspect for that, people randomly die around him.
Matthew OOC : I'm adding property damage to that.
Inali OOC : He was one of the first ones in. Clearly he somehow knocked a lamp over or something.

There are still these vampires that need killing:
Inali OOC : We need garlic bug bombs. Useless against fleas, but might work for vampires. Or garlic smoke bombs, or whatever equivalent is convenient.
Sam OOC : I think those exist
Inali OOC : No no. There're bug bombs. Don't think they have garlic flavor.
Inali OOC : Bug bombs would take a while. Smoke bombs with garlic instead of smoke would probably be better in the short term. They don't actually explode. They're just called bug bombs. They fumigate.
Sam OOC : We need to fumigate...
Inali OOC : Garlic smoke bombs might be more explosive-y though, not big kaboom though.
Matthew OOC: We can't be sure of that with this party: bug bombs might well explode.

Matthew OOC : No, I meant I would make the roof Swiss Cheese!
Sam OOC : You mean actually replace the roof with dairy products?
Matthew OOC : Well, I was planning to make many holes in the roof with my entropy magic, it has the advantage of me not having to aim.
GM OOC : I don't believe cheese with within the sphere of things you can affect with earth magic.

GM : Clearly your magic is insufficiently cheesey.

This is what happens when you are not on time to game...
Matthew OOC : I can totally tag one of Erik's Aspects for a plus two. Which has the added advantage of making it his fault. I swear.
Inali OOC : Ferret's being nice by trying to insure he gets equal impact on the plot and you're saying Ferret's being mean? <-< lol
Mathew OOC : He'd feel left out if something exploded and it wasn't his fault.

Lots of stuff happened. Sam's player was away from the keyboard and chatting with a possible new player.

We're going to a party at a house...
GM : Ikoji does not have enough magics to make the house look like a fish.
Sam OOC : Um, no.

Presents are brought to Sam's birthday party...
Erik OOC : My box has changed, it is now about the size of a severed head.

Ah, invisible people are great!
Inali OOC : I may have showed up early. Good luck figuring that out.
Sam OOC : Sam has started to assume that Inali is just there, even when she isn't there.

Sam gets birthday presents!
David OOC ; Nothing like a homemade recipe for greek fire fresh from Macedon.

The joys of having a shapeshifting friend-
Sam OOC : Before she leaves, Sam is going to give Inali a hug, even if she is some sort of fox creature.
Inali OOC : That just makes her plushy and huggable.

And when your upset boyfriend is also a shapeshifter-
Inali OOC : Inali will find Sam and hand her an invisible fox. Without telling her why or anything. Just “Here!”

This party clearly has its priorities straight:
GM : To David this ward looks like kids playing with nitroglycerine.
David : So, on that note, I'm going to take a rock and throw it. I figure the ward will blow up the rock.

NOTE : Sam's Player was not at the next game, thus there is no quote file, but see the GM post above.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:24 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote File for October 2

A large portion of the game was spent with character creation for a new player, the character of Michael, a White Court Virgin (Despair related). Thus we get a very short quote file.

So, tricksters!
Inali OOC : If messing with their heads doesn't work, then I mess with their heads with pointy objects.
Michael OOC : Taking off their heads would be messing with them, yes.

Things it might be best NOT to do with an Uktena-
David : I'll put bells on. Like a cat that you don't want sneaking up on you.
GM : The Uktena thinks “Oooooooh, a CHALLENGE.”
Sam OOC : I get back and you are putting bells on an Uktena. What the heck?
Matthew OOC : I don't see anything wrong with it...

We have summer break plans -
Inali : Um. Beyond usual summer shenanigans, Inali's plans are help TJ as appropriate and repair the shrine (and possibly set up alarm wards).
Ryan : Ryan's attempting to get a firebird-ish spirit into a box.  That should be entertaining, but more in the "am I missing an eyebrow?" sort of way and less the "makes a good game session" way.

On attacking things -
Inali : So the answer to every enemy is a flashbang, hm? I think I should make some variant on that one of Inali's rotes. <-<

The new guy can find out what people's Aspects are -
Ryan : Hah. Best aspect at the moment. Ryan wasn't involved in the conversation, but he walks in right then: "Drawn Into The Middle of Things".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"It isn't earth magic without property damage."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:43 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote File for October 16

On the new guy...
Sam OOC : “It seems you have complications”
Michael OOC : “I am a complication.”
Inali OOC : “He is a complication.”
Sam OOC : “Jinx!”

The players can get a Fate Point for being attacked while on the road trip -
Michael OOC : “I want a Fate Point!”
Sam OOC : “You're not even on the trip!”
Michael OOC : “I still want a Fate Point!”
GM : “If you want a Fate Pint for being attacked while the rest of the party is out of town, I'm sure that can be arranged.”
Michael OOC : “I take that back, I don't want a Fate Point!”

Matthew ponders bringing Ashiaru on the road trip to see Thunderbird -
GM : “You don't need a Lore check. You've noticed this before. Thunderbirds don't like Uktena. Uktena are snakey-things. Bringing Ashiaru might not be a good idea.”
Matthew : “Right, I'm not bringing her.”

When going to see Thunderbirds, the party starts out in an area sort of like an abandoned parking lot, and then...
GM : “The Thunderbirds then provide transportation by turning into freaking huge birds.”
Sam OOC : “That's awesome!”

Cael, son of Michael's player, can see not only an apple on the back of the laptop Sam's player is on, he can see his own reflection -
Cael : “Apple! Cael! Cael! Apple!'
Matthew OOC : “I think Cael's character sheet has a seven in Adorableness.”
Sam OOC : “At least a seven!”

Sam's player announces that she is in Neutral Grounds with her usual hot chai and a whole-grain muffin.
Inali OOC : “And wait for trouble to show up?”
Sam OOC : “No, just see who arrives.”
Inali OOC : “Trouble.”
Michael OOC : “I resemble that remark.”
GM, resigned : “We've noticed.”

Sam and Michael's player's suddenly loose contact with the rest of the group...
Inali OOC : “I still see a Sam. Is there still a house over there?”
Matthew OOC : I'll just assume Cael ate the router.”
Sam OOC : He did.”

The Thunderbirds really fail to even understand the concept of “deliberately raising an Uktena” -
David OOC : “Why would a White Council member raise an Uktena?”
Sam OOC : “Surely they know better?”
GM : “Why would ANYONE raise an Uktena?”

David does a ritual to determine the sources of fire magic in Neutral Grounds -
GM : “Beta”
This would be Ryan's alchemical robot, like the one he gave Sam, but entirely magic-based.
David : “So I start by looking at Inali and Matthew, start to pass over Ryan and Beta, then jump and scream.”

Upon later discussion, it is determined that Ryan is the second biggest source of fire magic, then Inali, Matthew, the cappuccino machine, and Michael.

Naming an NPC Knight of the Cross -
GM : “Michael.”
Sam OOC : “We have a Michael in the party, and one of the knights in the books was named Michael. It's confusing.”
GM : “Uh-huh!”
David OOC : “What about Simon? The one in the books was Michael Carpenter, what about Simon Fishmonger?”
Matthew OOC : “The Knights all have generic names.”
Sam OOC : “Not really. One was named Shiro, and another was Russian. That's not uncreative naming.”
David OOC : “Simon Fishmonger-ski?”

David wants to be politician -
David, to Michael : “Any chance you can get me an introduction to Summer?”
Sam : “David, you're wearing a snowflake. I feel the need to point this out.”
David : “That's why I'm asking for an introduction.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote file for November 13

We attempt to find out who is available for game...
Matthew OOC : *hides*
GM : Haha.
Sam OOC: and then I will hang out here in the chat, and I will see if other people show up
GM : Come now, Ferret. It's your plot today; you can't just hide.
GM : Unless you'd like to spend a fate point to make plot go away? I suppose that's technically legal...
Matthew OOC : Now why would I want to do that?
GM : But would involve you having fewer Fate Points, so I find it an unlikely outcome.
Matthew OOC : Though it would make Ashyaru significantly less kidnapped.
Sam OOC : Wait, can't Ashyaru just rescue herself? I mean, if someone is dumb enough to kidnap an Ancient Sumerian Snake Goddess
Matthew OOC : She'll likely eat a few of them, yes.
GM : Sadly for her, the fomori have exactly the right sort of magic to shut her down.
GM : Which amuses me, really. I didn't have any particular plans to include fomori when I decided that Ashyaru's catch should be water magic. It was just appropriate.
Sam OOC : Oh. Darn. When did she get kidnapped? How did I miss that?

Matthew wants to call Michael, the new guy, to invite him to be a decoy...
Sam OOC : Wait a bit. Cael is upset and crying, call on mute. He does not want to wear pants today.
Inali OOC : Offer a skirt? Or a kilt.
Matthew OOC : Kilt. Er... beat me to it Ryan OOC : I get the same temper tantrum from Aaron sometimes. :-D
Inali OOC : ^-^
GM : Kilt those pants dead?
Inali OOC : Or skirted the issue...
Sam OOC : Annnnnnnd we've reached the puns! That didn't take long. And thankfully, unlike Aaron, Cael does not go commando. He' s still got a diaper...
Inali OOC : lol

Both Sam and Michael upon learning that there is a huge hole in the street in front of Neutral Grounds -
It wasn't me!!!

The Fomori have a hideout near the docks, water magic and all that. The group wants to scout out the place.

Ryan : Ryan adds "SCUBA gear" to the list of parts of his jury-rigged power armor.
Sam : I'm in Navy ROTC, I have SCUBA gear.
Inali : I'll have a potion of water breathing, or something.
Sam : Yeah, some of us have actual SCUBA gear. The rest of you have magic.
Ryan OOC : I don't think trying to use Pheonix magic for water breathing would go too well...
Inali OOC : lol
Matthew OOC : Though that would be a neat resources declaration for shaftshifting scuba gear. Or just scuba gear made for a grey fox.
GM : Haha.
Inali OOC : Expensive declaration. Just ask John for the approximate pricetag on Inali's shapeshifting armor...
GM : Heh. Nah, the armor was kinda a special case.
Inali OOC : I believe it was something like low hundred Ks?
GM : Yes. But most of that was material costs.
Ryan : For reference, I figure that the armor isn't water-tight... He just rigged helmet to hold a bubble and wrapped the water-sensitive bits in something.
GM : Fair.
Ryan OOC : Hm. Ryan's idea of scouting at the moment may be convincing Beta to hold a webcam and fly around.
GM : You may be able to convince Beta to BE a webcam.

Ahhh, negotiating. It is useful.
Michael : It should be easy to negotiate. Some of them are dead, and the Uktena is still on the ship...
Sam : No it's not, it jumped overboard!
Michael : Do they know that?
Sam : Point. That's why you negotiate.

The group is trying to get Matthew's wife back from Fomori on a tanker. Sam has set up as a sniper, and there is a rescue plan. But Michael wants to negotiate. He has enough empathy to realize that the Fomori holed up in the bridge intend to jump him when he goes in.
Michael : I'm here to negotiate. I am the only one who cares about you getting through this. There are snipers outside, they don't care. I do.
Ryan : There's a bit of a metallic thud as Ryan tries to facepalm, forgetting he's encased in armor.
Inali : Haha.
(( The rest of the party is not amused to be revealed. ))

Investigation of the tanker reveals messages in blood written next to the bodies on the deck, and a second message near the doors “Hurry up and kill them all.” Michael gives up on the negotiation and vacates the boat, and Sam shoots one through the metal wall of the bridge (she guessed its ambush spot). This all matters later, particularly the fact that an Uktena is leaving messages written in blood.

David announces his entry on the scene, as he got there late.
David : I show up with Ivoire and tell her that we're going to get Kibbles.
… bit of time passes …
David OOC : This is an oil tanker?
David : Oh dear god.
Mathew OOC : Yes, we're asking that you not set it on fire.

David, on Sam's shock that he's bringing another Uktena (Sam left her sniping position to go to the tanker) -
David : She's got to learn how to deal with things in the NeverNever, so I'm starting with things she can eat.
Sam : If she can eat Fomori. Fine.
David : I don't call them Fomori around her I call them Kibbles.
Sam : Riiiiiiiight.

GM : Wtitten on the wall above the one with a bullet in it's head is the message: “Kibbles? Really? Kibles?”
David : Would you prefer Purina?
GM : The text does not change.

Other messages written on the wall -
Such wonderful pain.
You realize this hurts you more than it hurts me.
You realize this hurts me more than it hurts you.
David OOC : Oh look, a goth chick form The Craft.

Message on the wall : “I see you up on the ceiling there. You think you're so sneaky.”
Matthew OOC : I love how she says I see you even thoguh she is blind.
David OOC : I see dead fomori.
Matther OOC : She sees the future...

Sam : I'm reading the notes in blood out loud, mostly for Michael's benefit, with increasing sounds of horror and dismay in her voice.
GM : So, off in a side room, Sam will notice: "You were afraid of me. Of what I might do. You were right. And your fear was delicious."
Michael : It's OK, I've played Portal.
Sam : What now?
Michael : Exactly.
Ryan OOC : "We're a lot alike, you and I. You tested me. I tested you. You killed me. I—oh, no, wait. I guess I haven't killed you yet. Well. Food for thought."

Sam OOC : I don't know how to describe this, it feels like Under Seige with maniacal crazy people.
GM : I'm not sure people is the right word for the maniacal and crazy here.

So, while fighting fomori inside the hallways of the tanker, Matthew's player realizes that at some point months earlier, in a different fight, Sam gave him grenades -
Matthew OOC : I have frag grenades on my sheet for some reason so i throw one at the ambush.
David OOC : I like how we're being careful about setting the tanker into a flaming crater by only using minor EXPLOSIVES
Inali OOC : Mine wasn't explosive! Not in the burn-break-stuff sense at least... >-> All light and noise. No residue even.
Ryan OOC : Ryan is refraining from using the plasma grenades. Ryan appreciates the fact that he has 8 stress and 2 armor. Although he needs more athletics.
David OOC: Wait if he has that much stress and 2 armor wouldn't he be using the plasma grenades to do massive game ending amounts of AOE damage.
GM : Oil. Tanker.
Inali OOC : Collateral damage on an environmental disaster waiting to happen?
David OOC : That's why I said game ending.
GM : Ah.
David OOC : OMG. we need to stop saying the word grenades so often
David OOC : Sorry about that.
Matthew OOC : Agreed. I chose the correct type of grenade so we're all good. When ryan says grenades, theres a problem. David OOC : Best error ever. "why is everyone saying grenades is not on you contact list"
Inali OOC : Yay flashbangs.

On Uktena fighting fomori -
David : Hey Sam. She took down her first prey *smiles* I'm so proud.
Matthew OOC : She's got to go on a half mile path of destruction to match the other one.
David OOC : I doubt she'll match the other one. Different upbringing. And she seems younger.
GM : I will point out, empathic vampire, feeds on pain, one free recovery per scene with a kill. And each separate fight counted as a separate scene.
David OOC : Eeeiw
GM : And Anushka seems to have gone out of her way to fight only a few at a time.
Michael OOC : Yeah but that means I have to kill someone.
GM : The uktena have empathic vampire, feeding on fear and/or pain. That wasn't talking about your character.
Michael OOC : Ahhh, sure.

So, the group is left with a tanker full of inhuman dead bodies, bloody messages, and footprints from things that should not exist.
Sam : We need to get this cleaned up.
David : Don't you have connections for this?
Sam : I do, but I think Matthew should handle this.
Matthew : I can make red tape and slow the investigation...
Sam : I meant your Psychic Cleaning business. The uktena that did this is your responsibility, so you should clean up after it. You even have a business for that.
Matthew : Oh, but I can also do the tracking...
David, helpfully : I can do the tracking, you should help clean up.

The group is trying a tracking spell to find the crazy uktena. It is either dead or in the NeverNever.
GM : Well, we know that there is a kraken on the other side of the NeverNever from the tanker.
David OOC : The uktena would not stick around near the kraken.
Sam OOC : The kraken could have eaten the uktena. But I don't think we're that lucky.

Sam : I would just like to point out that I thought this was a bad idea in the beginning, when you decided to hatch the snake-eggs.
David : I didn't agree to to give one to Jasha!
Sam : I thought this was a bad idea from the start. And now we are hunting down the uktena that is eating people. I would like to say I. Told. You. So.
GM : The Uktena, realizing that Sam seems unhappy, decides to cheer her up.
David : Oh god, don't tackle her!
Matthew OOC : It's like a toddler, with Might 4!
Michael OOC : Oh god, no!
Sam OOC : Having met an actual toddler, just no!
Inali : I've been training her.
GM : I believe that is an athletics roll...
Sam makes the roll, and is able to dodge.
David : Awwww, she was just trying to cheer you up!
Sam : Thanks?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:26 pm 
Needs a Guide

Quote file for December 4:

Plot is Ryan plot.
GM : So, Dr. Peter Bryant is stopping by to see what progress you've made.
Ryan : Oh. Ummmmm.
GM : From the other students there have been 7 prototype rectors and three explosions so far!
Inali OOC : Only three? Quality control's on the ball.
GM : So you're actually making progress on this?
Ryan : I think so... I can make a stable reaction happen sometimes. I just can't make it happen reliably. Or for anyone else.
Ryan OOC : Ryan has no Deceit. This may be a problem.

Professor Bryant looks around the lab -
GM in character : The military has got wind of some of your.. toys.
GM : Gestures at Beta.
GM : Beta would like to go “Hrumph” at that. Probably tries to light itself on fire.

So Ryan is trying to think of ways to present his work to the military -
Sam OOC : Jeff says that Michael could be Ryan's "Lab Assistant" and do the talking parts
GM : That would be very innnnnnnteresting, especially the part where you'd have to get him a security clearance.
GM : Not impossible, mind you, just interesting.
GM : You could also have Ducky do the explanation. That's a good way to make sure no one understands it.
Ryan OOC : Ryan needs a cunning plan. And a working fusion reactor. But mostly a cunning plan.
Michael OOC : Michael is good at cunning plans...

Oh, an idea!
GM : You can open a gate to it! Do you know what a gate to a fusion reactor would look like?
Ryan : That's a horrible idea, I like it! I can build a gate to the fusion reactors so I can talk to Pheonix.
GM : Here, have a Fate Point. Especially when they look at the output of your side project and the decrease in output of the main reactor.
Ryan : That's a minor detail...
GM : I believe the reaction would be WTF?

And a bit of a diversion! Sam and Michael are trying to entertain the ever-cute Cael -
Sam OOC : We are here, making Duplo trains at the moment, but here. Just holler a bit if you need us.
GM : But are they fusion powered Duplo Trains?
Sam OOC : Not yet
Ryan : Well, if they were fusion powered, they would still have steam...
Inali : LOL

Look, a plan!
Ryan : So I will make a fake test reactor by making a portal to Pheonix itself. That's the best plan I can think of. I mean, I can only think of a half dozen ways it could go wrong
Matthew : That's pretty good for one of our group's plans. Usually it is when will it go wrong.
Ryan : Well, as long as no one bothers the containment device, it should be fine.

About that plan...
Sam : And we can't figure out how to let Phoenix out without shutting off power to half the continent?
GM : Half the continent is an understatement...

Sam OOC : So Sam is surprised that she is in favor of Michael's Voodoo.
Michael OOC : But Michael doesn't practice Voodoo.
Sam OOC : Sam thinks that he does.
GM : Well, if he doesn't practice Voodoo, he can't be very good at it.
Michael OOC : See, I need to practice and get better at it.

On how to contact TJ the Tunderbird, for help with the Uktena (which is totally odd) -
Inali : If TJ were local Inali would be willing to ask him, but he's somewhat odd for a thunderbird and Inali trusts him personally and not in the same general-with-qualifications sense that she does most thunderbirds.
GM : Write him a letter?
Inali : And feel confident that it wouldn't get read? Not to mention that doesn't solve the OOC problem of *what* it would be?
GM : Hm. Write it in ASCII binary?
Inali : *snrk*
Sam : Ha ha ha!
Inali : Does he even read binary? I seem to recall his first letter back to me was complaining about no net/power but I can't remember which it was.
GM : Uh, he's enough of a geek to probably work it out?
Inali : Mmph. Worth a try. Inali will write him a reply to his letter and "decorate" the border with ASCII binary asking him if he knows anything about remedies/antidotes to uktena poison and qualify it with it not being important/urgent (as in, don't panic and send the cavalry, it's just an info query).

David and Matthew are in a pawn shop. David rolls and has a budget of $1,000.
David : So tell me about these lovely engagement rings...
Sam OOC, joking : Is there something you forgot to tell us about Tina?
David OOC : That we're engaged? I thought that was shared with the group?
Sam OOC : No!
David OOC : Well, Matthew knows now. He can tell you.
Sam OOC : Oh god, Tina is going to kill you!
David OOC : Well, I am playing a guy. I might as well play a guy...

David gets into the back room of the pawn shop. It is FULL of magic stuff.
Sam OOC : So John, just to clarify, we have known about the Magical Black Market Pawn Shop since Game One, and it is just now, a year later, that someone has gone in it.
GM : Yup! Though to clarify, Inali saw it before game start.

Sam notes OOC that Matthew is the only married party member, and David is the only one who is engaged. Also, it is STILL summer vacation.
Sam OOC : Sam is not engaged yet. She is not wearing a ring.
David OOC : If Sam gets engaged, David is going to have to start a new game. Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Sam.
Sam OOC : What?
David OOC : Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Sam. He's gonna get little fox tails.
Sam OOC : Oh gods. Yeah, that's gonna go over well.
GM : Clearly we need a Halloween costume party...
Sam OOC : Well, it will be fall eventually.

Matthew and David want to investigate the sinkhole, which is now much larger. Matthew's player leaves for dinner, leaving David alone. David calls in a Winter Court favor and gets a ride from a Sylph into the sinkhole to find a cave.
GM : So you spent a whole favor on this. Something awesome needs to be in this cave.
David OOC : See what happens when you point Matthew at an adventure and he wanders off?
Matthew OOC : Hey, I was hungry.

Ryan's player wandered off for food...
Ryan OOC : Where are we?
GM : Remnants of abandoned parking lot, where the sinkhole was.
GM : Next to a small chunk of strip mall in the bad part of town.
Matthew : EXCEPT SOME JERK FILLED IT IN WITH 3000 cubic feet of concrete.

While trying to remove the cement, the little old lady who owns the pawn shop is very suspicious of the construction in her parking lot.
Michael trys to persuade her that they are not letting people closer to the work area. She believes him but doesn't care.
Matthew OOC : His deceit is good enough he could put on a disguise and try again
Michael does just that, gets a 5 on his Deceit.
GM : You are now Construction Worker #1.
Ryan OOC : If that fails: Construction Worker #2
Michael : Mam, you'll need to leave this area.
GM starts rolling dice.
Michael OOC : And dice are prohibited from this area. You'll have to stop using those Ma'am.
David OOC : They're not dice they're runes. Duck!
Inali OOC : Hahaha.
Little Old Lady : Who approved this construction?
Michael : The governor. This is state work.
Little Old Lady pulls out her cell phone : I'll just give him a call then.
Ryan OOC : .... Politically connected old ladies?
Inali OOC : Just hex her phone...

Later, in the scene:
Ryan OOC : From across the room, what I heard was "I'm part of the White Council. It's our job to mess with things we don't understand."
Inali OOC : Inali is sincerely wishing she'd brought popcorn.
GM : There is a grocery store just over there. You can just buy some.
Ryan OOC : You said you have a little bit of fire magic. Popping popcorn shouldn't be hard.

Michael gets desperate to distract the Little Old Lady -
Michael : Ma'am, is that a Roman gladius in your window?
Little Old Lady : Yes, that's a replica. (She doesn't even look)
Michael : Ma'am, that is a violation of safety code, a small child could get to it.
Little Old Lady : (she barely blinks) It is in a locked case, it's fine.
Matthew OOC : Just buy it already.
Michael : Ma'am, is that sword for sale? I'm interested in buying that for my little brother.
GM : She takes a Fate Point, and goes in to sell you a sword.
Michael's Resources roll is a 4.
GM : She would like to interest you in the real Roman Gladius she has in the back.

And just to verify...
Ryan OOC : ... How old is David?
David OOC : 22 ...19-22.
Ryan OOC : Okay. For a moment I thought he was older and Ryan was going to be a bit bothered he was engaged to a schoolmate.
David OOC : Nope that is why I've been playing him as impetuous.