Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Situation Report
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:28 pm 
Needs a Guide

This thread will include situation reports from Sam to the VU and copied to Professor Acquillus (unless otherwise noted).

Post subject: Re: Situation Report
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:30 pm 
Needs a Guide

Report on Authorized Sniper Rifle Use

At 700 hours on Saturday, I received a call from the Venatori Umbrorum. A VU SWAT team had been chasing down a group of ghouls. The ghouls lead the team to a cave in the Blast Zone, and holed up behind an improvised barrier at the entrance. The team needed additional firepower, and I was asked to provide support.

At 715 hours, I requested and received one of our Mark 5 sniper rifles and the high-powered ammunition.

At 733, I was walking through a hole in the Blast Zone fence, and arrived at the cave's coordinates shortly thereafter.

As a note, both the VU and the University should be aware that the blast zone fence has holes easily large enough to accommodate the average adult male. I did not need my grappling hook to ascend the fence. Repairs should be made.

I fired six rounds from the rifle and the rounds from my pistol. Four rounds went wild. I will be upping my time at the firing range as a result. This summer I have been going to the range every other day, from now on I will be there every day.

I was able to shoot through their wooden barricade. Shooting the ghouls was made easier by an unknown ally, who somehow made them light up - one ghoul was surrounded with a nimbus of light for a brief time. I have not yet determined who this unknown ally was.

An acquaintance of mine also appeared - he apparently choose a very bad location for a hike. He is, fortunately something of a scholar on Ancient Sumeria and magical circles. He acquitted himself fairly well for someone with no combat training, particularly when faced by ghouls.

Inside the cave, I found two things. The SWAT team had cut the power to the cave. It appears that the ghouls, or more likely, someone that the ghouls were woking for, hacked into the power grid and ran a cable into the cave. The only two things in the cave were one refrigerator, filled with what one would expect, and a computer in the center of a magic circle.

This last item was rather alarming. The circle was clearly write-in blood, and warded to severely injure or kill other creatures with the same type of blood. Given that these are ghouls, it was likely made with human blood, and by someone who does not practice the same kind of magic as most wizards, as the computer was still functioning.

I was able to call in a local expert who was able to retrieve the computer from the circle. It seems the ghouls had satellite internet, and an instruction sheet in Ancient Sumerian.

The clean-up crew determined that the circle would degrade on its own, once they poured lots of salt water on it. GIven that it would still be a hazard for anyone misguided enough to be in the blast zone, we put up a sign about wild bears and a biohazard. We then spread ghoul excrement near the entrance to the cave, which should deter anyone from entering until the circle breaks down.

I have no idea what was going on, but I feel it is rather alarming.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm 
Needs a Guide

To the Venatori Umbrorum (NOT including the Professor on this one)

MEMO
Re : Volunteer Earthquake Response Group (VERG)

Upon looking into the headquarters of this supposed non-profit organization, I have determined that this is a group we should be more aware of and should alert the FBI of.

I was initially suspicious due to a friend's limited contact without he group possibly resulting in a denied security clearance. When I was given the address of the headquarters, I was even more suspicious as the address is in the downtown ghetto, in the middle of the White Hat Gang's territory.

Upon investigating the offices, I located the following documentation (see attached). This clearly shows that the group is attempting to acquire powered armor or robotic assist suits. This is not the intended use for the project (my friend was approached to create powered exoskeletons to assist in earthquake rescue, they were not designed to be weaponised).

An alarm (based on heat-sensing technology) was tripped. When exiting the building, a team of White Hat Gang members was discovered surrounding the building. They were carrying illegal foreign machine guns, similar to those that were found in the earthquake sinkhole.

This gang is a threat to the civilians in the area, as well as ourselves, the FBI, and the police. They need to be eliminated, and the source of these weapons and their funding needs to be found.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:39 pm 
Needs a Guide

To the VU and the Professor

Memo : White Hat Gang kidnaps Fae, and THERE ARE STILL GHOULS WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS

While assisting the FBI with their raid on the White Hat Gang's headquarters, I found a bank vault, which was being used not only to store ill-gotten gains, but also to imprison fae. I released the cage full of Pixies, and spoke to the gentleman chained to the wall. He had been there for a week, and could only tell me that the gang did seem to know a few things about Fae (cold iron, that sort of thing). He was uncertain as to what they wanted, as they basically just chained him up and did not speak to him otherwise. There was also a Sylph nailed to the wall - I took her down. She had been there over a week, and did not speak at all.

While on a hike in the Blast Zone, one of my friends encountered more ghouls, two of them, armed with automatic weapons (from her description, identical to those used by the ghouls in the raid on their cave). Since she encountered them in a lightly forested area and there were no structures nearby, it is impossible to determine at this time where they are holed up. I would suggest extreme caution in the Blast Zone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 pm 
Needs a Guide

To the VU and professor:

Memo : White Cap Gang possibly has a Fae connection

I have met with Lady Era, the Summer Court representative in the area. She will be able to heal the badly injured Sylph, though it will take months.

She was able to tell us that most of the damage was mental, as opposed to physical. While there is, according to her, a "small possibility" that the damage was not deliberately inflicted, it most likely was.

Which indicates that it is likely that the WHite Cap Gang had connections to the Fae, or at least someone who can magically inflict mental damage.

I highly recommend that all research and observations of the gang be reviewed in light of this information.