Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:56 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Yes. Pack alpha. Some more dangerous than others."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:57 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

" thank you"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The rest of the trip back is uneventful. By the time you arrive, Vorel is also back from her diplomatic mission.

"Looks like you hit it off reasonably well," she comments, glancing at the two lizardfolk following Gregor. "When would you like my report?"

The unspoken question is quite clear: do you want those two lizards listening in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Vorel, I'd like to introduce Tegrar and Isthra. They are emmisaries from the northern tribe. Why don't we all get something to eat and I'll hear what you have to say."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

A few minutes later, over a meal conjured up by Thirwin, Vorel gives her report.

"The poison dusk tribe is... not exactly happy to deal with us, but as long as we're here anyway they are definitely interested in both trade, and an alliance against Tavinoy. From their point of view, the dracolich was the lesser of two evils; it apparently was quite happy to simply demolish any major human incursions. So they're not particularly pleased that we got rid of it, and want us to 'fill in' for what its presence added to their defenses."

"Regardless of what we might agree to in a military sense, they would like to start up trade. In particular they want metal; preferably steel, but iron or bronze will do in a pinch. It looks like the most valuable thing they can offer in return is alchemical ingredients; they've got a wide variety of unusual components, including a number of poisons I'm not familiar with."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Excellent, this will help us get started. thank you vorel. As soon as we have gotten some skilled tradesman to help repair the city we will be able to what we have that can be easily traded. Time to see bringing in the first of our People."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin shrugs, "If there's anything I can help with. For small groups I should be able to just gate them here."

"Also, the head of the chaos tribe might be able to help against Tavinoy. The tribe needs an outlet for it's aggression until it can adopt a more useful role in the area. They might just end up at each others throats, but he should be able to keep it under control."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:51 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Currently Tavinoy does not know what i am doing. for a while I will keep it that way. At least until my people have had time to repair the temple. But I may be able to give them an outlet shortly."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

About a week and a half later, Gregor gets a message from Theodin: "We're ready to set up the far side of the teleporter. When would be a good time for you?"

(This is a magical message, of the sort where you get a free reply.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I'll have the area you are working in cleared up in 2 days time. Thank you and I cannot wait to see you!!"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 612 Next