Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:04 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

*concentrating for a minute and bringing to mind a picture of the temple Gregor will make the ancient sign for travel and attempt to return home.*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Over the next three months, the generic raptor attacks continue - albeit starting to trail off as the most aggressive nearby packs either die or realize that you're not a worthwhile target. However, there are no further sign of the particular pack of camouflaged raptors that were causing such trouble. (Well, unless you scry on them or employ other such methods - in which case it's possible to discover that they're still watching Orkathel, but don't seem inclined to make their presence known.)

The clutch of eggs Gregor brought back has hatched - or, well, two of them have; the other eggs show no signs of containing anything that might ever have become a living creature. Both - unlike the raptors he encountered at their new nesting site - show signs of infernal lineage.* It seems likely that they'll end up rather smarter than mere animals.

Thirwin's - excuse me, Sjach's - re-opening of assaults by the chaos tribe on extraplanar targets has given them a much needed outlet for their hostility, as well as helping to solidify his control of the tribe.
The other lizard folk tribes are definitely getting nervous, though; past history has told them that any time the chaos tribe keeps to itself for too long, things are about to go very bad indeed. The poison dusk tribe is merely setting up extra traps along their border - they've got too much to worry about from Tavinoy incursions to really devote much effort to worrying about what the chaos tribe is up to. The primal tribe, to the north, though, has doubled the strength of their patrols, and appears to be stockpiling food and javelins.

Thirwin has also made some notable progress on his project of converting the remains of the dracolich Taingrethylmune to something useful.**

The kobold surveying team sent by Kiaskurro has mostly finished their job - they've found and, from a safe distance, mapped out most of a large network of natural or mostly natural caverns some three or four hundred feet down from the surface of the swamp. They also report that the region seems more or less stable - the occasional chaos storms on the surface don't have a notable impact more than about fifty feet below ground level. Of course, that's not to say that there's not dangerous and unpredictable magic in the caves (there is) - just that the energies that are there are unlikely to wander about and trigger spontaneous cave-ins. About half of the network seems to be filled with water, but that's the limit of what they can scry. Someone will have to teleport down there and actually explore - and they aren't being paid enough for that kind of risk.
Kiaskurro himself is still busy, though reports indicate he should be arriving back in Targrove "any day now."

Again, while this is three months in Orkathel, it's rather less time than that outside.† Recruiting and bringing in more chromatikin is proceeding slowly. Vorel has been unable to track down whatever is causing the rumors of a chromatikin city in the Arkwood - it's probably time to go investigate; even if there wasn't anything there before, there are enough 'draks†† headed that way to make the surrounding countries nervous.

Thirwin: You get a sending, from Ikaria: "Something you might find interesting - possible second age relics. Ask the temple in Targrove about Tethys' Folly."

_____
* It is worth noting here, again, that there is no such thing as an absolute alignment in this setting. Much like any warlock, the power these raptors gain from their bloodline can be used for good or evil. They will detect as evil due to the nature of that power - but, at least at the moment, even the paladin council would be forced to debate over whether that represented actual inherent evil or merely a vastly increased potential for evil.

** And I'll let him present those results (or as much of those results as he chooses to share) to Gregor, in character, once we've worked out exactly what said results are.

† And I refuse to specify exactly how much less until I start getting other threads caught up. Deal with it.

†† Ok, I give up. Note to self: Never give a race a long and annoying name, such as "chromatikin", without also specifying at least one common nickname, abbreviation, or suchlike. I'll be posting this elsewhere, too, but as of right now the term 'drak is now interchangeable with chromatikin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin will find Gregor then.

"Gregor, I received word about some second age artifact rumors in Targrove I wanted to investigate. Things seem to have settled down here, although, if you need me, you still have that refuge spell.. The one that summons me to you. Actually, was there anything you might want me to look into while I'm in Targrove? or be quiet about?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:02 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"In Targrove. No thank you. If needed I'll go back there by means of the magical gate. Thank you very much"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Assuming that they are more powerful spellcasters than he, Gregor will ask that the kobolds teleport him to the portion of the caverns that need exploring.

Upon finding out about their heritage Gregor will make sure that the raptors are taught by a combination of the rangers and priests until they are old enough to make their own choices.

Before all this though, yes gregor would be scrying on the raptors and upon finding out they continue to watch the city he will teleport to one of them while they are watching the city.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin will thank Gregor for letting him have a home (Thirwin will specifically use that term) in teh city. Epsilon will be asked if he wants to investigate also, and Jenner is welcome too. Assuming Jenner has progressed far enough to not be minor encounter road kill.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"you're welcome Thirwin, god luck and come home safe."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12