Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:07 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Not really, no. That Guild dabbles in politics - but the only overall aim I've been able to discern - aside from basic avarice - is opposition to the shadowflame cult. Or, more specifically, opposition to assassins operating under the auspices of Wyrr. Perhaps they're sending open support to counterbalance Thirwin's presence without simply killing him. Perhaps they're planning on destabilizing Tavinoy. Perhaps they just want to drive up the price of slaves. Perhaps - any number of things."

______
* Nemone also departs via teleportation, though she takes the time to politely take her leave, instead of simply vanishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"this concerns me. I do not want their horns in my city, but I cannot exactly just tell them to get the hell out. If they want in orkathel they will get in, it is just a matter of keeping their influence low and they knew exactly who to send as their envoy. I did not see this coming."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:45 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Theodin shrugs. "It's worth concern, certainly, but they'd get a presence in eventually, anyway. At least this should make it easier to keep an eye on them."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:30 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"It is time for me to find the first set of people heading out and meet them, as well as hire some druids and rangers. Thank you for your help." gregor will clasp hands and clap theodin's shoulder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:31 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Theodin nods. "I've put some effort into finding the right people to start your project off with. Alas, there are relatively few chromatikin druids of sufficient skill, and none I could find who are at all interested in building a city. I was able to find some of other races who I think can be trusted to assist, though."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:46 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"thank you. I didn;t think there'd be very many chromatikin druids though I am sad none want to participate. The city is basically there all we need to do is find a way to make it work with nature and help restore some balance there instead of just wild taint."

At this point gregor will go meet chromatikin. He'll start with those of his followers that are in Targrove and get references for hunters, carpenters mason etc. Then he will move onto families that need a new start and see who haswhat talents t learn or offer. Finally he will check with watever shrines or temples exist to Artemis and Marris(sun goddes)

Last edited by Gregor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:31 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

[OOC]
I think this would be a good point to start fast forwarding some. There are lots of things that need to be taken care of in setting up a city, but, for the most part, I think we can skim over them.

If there's some particular scenes you want run, let me know; otherwise, a post of your general plans for the next few months should suffice.
[/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:51 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin is finishing the research of his spell.
He's doing the Defenses of the City / Tribes (mostly summoned elemental, but if there's something more useful.... or that Gregor specifically requests.)
the Tain 'artifact' (Have you seen the anime Helsing?), and of course, various trainings and prepping the tribes for when the war hits.
I'm willing to involve Epsilon on every level of the research, and I'm picking up wizard spellcasting from him, (and helping him where I can with mystic theurge/cleric stuff)
Jenner (the rat rogue) is being trained and involved in the defense of the city and I'm building the loyalty of the Chaos Tribe, and seeing if diversity is helping them at all.

I'm curious what that looks like after a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Gregor will do the following in numerical order:
1) transport in food and supplies(he will spend a substantial portion of his gold on this) This also include the equipment necessary for the carpenters and engineers to get started.

2)Starting brining in those skilled chromatikin that wish to come and their families. Especially Carpenters, engineers, herbalists and healers.

3)Bring in the unskilled laborers that the skilled class rely on.

4)Hire and bring in rangers and druids. The rangers will be asked to train new rangers from available chromatikin and work with the 3 lizardmen from the northern tribe on where/what to hunt and get he city a supply of meat. The druids will be asked to help farmers and herbalists grow crops that can be grown in swamps. Berries, rice etc as well as bring out some lumberjacks to get wood for the city without harming the swamp.

6) Gregor will try to get Priests/paladins or Artemis and Marris for spiritual leadership of the city.

7)Hire a fighter or 5 to help train what will become the city guard and the first backbone of the army when we have enough people to have one.

Lastly he will cast a miracle for the following effect. All of his followers(from the leadership feat would get the following speech.)
""I have founded Orkathel and it is being built. This city wil be the homeland of our people built for and by us. It will be difficult in the beginning, but we will learn and be better for it. I will be coming to each to city to guide us to our home. Some kingdoms will glad to be rid of our kind and other will want to keep us for abuse and slavery. Help gather our people quietly and without alerting anyone I will negotiate and and get our people out without others realizing when the time comes. Now we need patience and to be prepared. I am moving and our freedom is in sight."

*I am assuming that gregor would be able to make that speech more flowery and inspirational*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:42 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

This chapter is temporarily closed due to an infestation of time-eating weevils. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 812 Next