Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:06 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"If you'd like to continue this conversation, it might be best to step aside momentarily, so as to allow these gentlemen easy passage." Willoughby drifts over to the entrance of a servants' passageway so inconspicuous that it might as well be camouflaged, and silently beckons the sphinx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:18 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Huh? What gentlemen? I don't see anyone else..." The sphinx cocks her head to the side, and one cat-like ear swivels towards the approaching tromping noise. "Hm. Yeah, ok, I guess you might get in the way a little. There's so much room in these corridors; I could just sit up by the lights..."

The sphinx distractedly follows Mr. Willoughby into the hidden side passage.

"...And I don't understand why you people make such oversized corridors, anyway; there's so much space you never use! Now this! This is an appropriately sized corridor! See, I could only barely go around you in here!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Being oversized ourselves, we build oversized things.

I confess that I am moderately curious with regard to your doings here. What is your name, and what sort of scepter is it that you carry?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The sphinx shrugs. "Call me Corax."

"This thing? Oh, it's just something I picked up; it has such a pretty purple glow, don't you think?"

_______
* No, the scepter is not glowing. Or purple. As far as you can tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:23 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I see."

"Were those people in the hall looking for you, Corax?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:10 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Those people? You mean the ones you wanted to get out of the way of? Nope. Now that you mention it, though, I think they might have been following me. But that doesn't make sense... They didn't seem at all happy to see me, and why would you follow someone you don't want to see?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:25 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"There are a great many reasons why unhappy people might angrily pursue one of their fellows. Many of these are punitive, and involve imprisonment, death, or torture. It is in the nature of most intelligent creature to become irate when an item of some variety that they had believed to be reserved for their exclusive use is suddenly discovered to not exclusive at all. To put it another way: most individuals are very upset to discover that some well-loved item object has been appropriated without any forewarning or guarantee of return, for the thing in question might be broken, or lost forever, or simply never returned by the other person at all."

Willoughby rummages around in his pockets, doffs his hat, peers at it, puts it back on, and is somehow holding a small blue-and-white porcelain statue of a three-legged cat. "For example," he continues, "this is the only statue of a three-legged cat that I own. In fact, it is the only statue of a three-legged cat that I have ever seen. If someone were to take it without my permission, then I would be irritated; if the other party refused to return it, I would be justifiably enraged.

Tell me, Corax... do you know what the word 'thief' means?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:08 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Corax, apparently bored by the whole speech thing, somersaults neatly past Mr. Willoughby and flutters on down the corridor.

"I wonder where this goes? I've never been in this particular passage before."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:47 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Suddenly, a voice from the ceiling shouts, "Not so fast!"

Ametrine descends from his hiding place to point a finger at Corax. "So, little one, you have taken something that belongs to someone else. The question is, do you have a legitimate reason for taking that scepter, or were you merely tempted by its irresistible, insurmountable shininess?"

"I have been informed that the latter is not always a sufficient reason."

"Also, I want to point out that it is neither purple nor glowing, though it would be much cooler if it was."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:09 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Corax looks at Ametrine indignantly. "It is too glowing! If you're half-blind and can't see it, that certainly isn't my fault!"

From outside the servant's passage, you can hear the muffled voices of some guards.
"I think we lost it."
"Wait - what was that noise?"
"What noise?"
"It sounded like someone talking. And a sort of a high pitched squeak. From over here, I think. Listen!"

The guards fall silent, presumably listening for sounds of further conversation.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1214 Next