Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:52 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

On the far side of the courtyard, a series of windows overlooks a lavishly decorated room. Two people inside appear to be eating; one matches Mr. Willoughby's description of Lady Eleanor; the other is some man you've never seen before.

Corax pauses. "One royal dining hall. Uh, why were we going here again?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:02 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine thinks for a moment.

"Well, I was going to get something to eat, while Mr. Willoughby tells Lady Eleanor some sort of news he has. So here's the plan: The three of us enter the hall and sit at the table like we're supposed to be there, then I'll nonchalantly ask a waiter to bring us some food and perhaps mumble something about being late because I don't have a clock. Mr. Willoughby will deflect any unwanted inquiries by retorting, 'that's a stupid question!' and you can stay for a free meal and a story!"

Ametrine turns to look behind him. "How's that sound, Mr. Willoughby? A good plan?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Alas, there is nothing behind you but empty courtyard and a few fat pigeons. Oh, and far in the distance (maybe thirty feet away), there's still a guard stuck in a windowframe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby quietly unsticks the guard, with as much dignity as he can muster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:32 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Ametrine: The guard quietly vanishes from the windowframe.

Mr. Willoughby: The guards thank you for your timely assistance. They also seem somewhat at a loss for what to do next, and - unless you intervene - seem likely to just wander off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:13 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine strolls through the window with a self-important air before flying down to an empty chair located next to the king and across from Lady Eleanor. After mumbling "to himself" (but loudly enough that the other occupants can clearly hear) that the reason he's running late is because he doesn't own a watch, Ametrine stands on the chair to get his head over the table and coughs into his paw. Returning to a state of haughtiness, he proceeds to apologize to the king for his tardiness, then calls for a waiter to bring him some food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:57 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby peers out the window, trying to get some idea of where Ametrine may have wound up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:20 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Mr. Willoughby: The sound and sight of shattered glass across the way assaults your senses; it appears that Ametrine has broken in to one of the King's private chambers. Corax is still hovering outside.

Ametrine: Strolling through the window is slightly more difficult than you had intended; apparently someone managed to make an invisible (but fairly thin and easily broken) wall. Perhaps it was meant to keep the rain out. Silly people should have used a proper ward; what if someone wanted to get in?

Lady Eleanor starts to get up, but the king puts a hand over hers, and asks you "I'm afraid we were not expecting further guests; why did you come here?"

Corax follows you in a few moments later, and perches up near the ceiling, watching. Neither the king nor lady Eleanor seems to have noticed her presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:52 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Yes, I noticed the ineffective barrier on my way in."

Ametrine genuflects briefly, his head disappearing under the table for a second.

"My reasons for coming here are threefold: The first and most important reason is food. The second is that Mr. Willoughby bears some information for Lady Eleanor about something. Though it is not my place to say so, it is obviously important and probably worth listening to. And for the third, Mr. Willoughby has retrieved your scepter and should be bringing it shortly."

Ametrine ponders for a moment.

"Well, when I put it that way, I guess I'm really only here for the food."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby sighs a small sigh.

Turning to the guard he has rescued, he produces a coil of slim grey rope from his pocket. He nods slightly.

"Would you mind holding the end of this rope, briefly? I'm afraid I must make a rapid descent."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next