Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:45 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Mr. Willoughby examines the scepter thoughtfully, turning it over in his hands. "Corax, you are quite odd. Have you, by any chance, encountered the Lady Eleanor? A slender woman of decorous bearing, with green eyes, a rounded face, and short black hair, evenly cut?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Uh, not today, I think?"

"Oh, and be careful where you point that thing. Purple is dangerous; someone could get hurt."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:06 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine whispers into Mr. Willoughby's ear. "I think that descriptions involving color may not be that useful here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:16 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Quite possibly," Willoughby whispers. "Perhaps I ought to have some reservations regarding information obtained from Corax, whatever the subject."

"Duly noted," he says, addressing Corax. "I shall indeed be careful with the instrument." Willoughby turns to Ametrine.

"Now, Ametrine, were you going somewhere....?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:49 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Oh, right! I completely forgot! Mr. Willoughby, would you happen to know the way to the royal dining hall?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Oh! I know where that is!" says Corax. She heads back to the doorway leading in to the servant's quarters, opens it, and starts out.

"I told you there was something there!" says one of the guards.
"After it!" says the other, and matches deed to words.

"This way," Corax calls back to Ametrine, and nonchalantly sets off down the hallway, once again pursued by guards. None of them seem to notice that she doesn't have the scepter anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:07 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine follows Corax, waving and winking at the guards behind them to indicate he has the situation well under control.

"Wait, is that were you got that... purple glowing scepter from?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby unobtrusively follows Ametrine and Corax, albeit with significant reservations about Corax's navigational skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"No, no. Why would you want to eat it anyway? Dining halls are places people go to eat, right?"

The guards, meanwhile, are continuing their fruitless (and by now somewhat out of breath) pursuit.
"Oh, no! Now there are two of them!"
"Stop, thieves!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:39 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

After a little bit of further travel (insert comic chase scene here), Corax ducks out a side window and takes off across the upper levels of a small courtyard - apparently headed for another window on the far side.

One of the guards, in a last desperate attempt to catch either Corax or Ametrine, lunges after them - and ends up wedged halfway through the window. Given that the window is a good three stories above the courtyard floor, this is a better result than many possible alternatives.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next