Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:14 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"Thirwin are you sure about this? You are not at your best at night and there are many beings who could get caught in the middle."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:40 am 
Lunatic

"Even if it's at night, I'm still me."

"It'll get less people killed then the frontal assault on the temple. With the insider I talked to, I'll be able to eliminate just the clerics. In addition, there's less chance of any real damage being done here. The cleric with them is able to summon or gate minor demons, and they'll likely damage even the stone during the attack."

He thinks, counting out spells, "This way, we won't have to worry about that beholder-crown crock, and I'll ... Wow, I might end up as the leader of the tribe. Well, it can't be helped. The hidden power I found is a rogue, and she's not capable of holding the tribe without some raw power."

"Of course, once we do that, it'll let us bring in some people to figure out where the mutations are coming from. It's probably just the wild energies here. Perhaps a druid or two can help us stabilize the area. They'd never accept that without a strong leader."

"Once we get that settled, we can come up with a more permanent solution."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:24 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

I've already made arrangements for a couple of druids and rangers to be hired out to us in 2 months. i Suppose i can have them spend some time on it.

(ooc john unless josh has something else to post i will wait for things to progress.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:37 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The next evening, at dusk, you all set out.

Thirwin has taken care of his own shapeshifting.

Gregor and Vorel are polymorphed into lizardfolk (and provided with cloaks so they won't stick out quite so much just from equipment and charisma)

Epsilon is polymorphed, also, though he doesn't bother with a cloak.

And Skirrik declines to be shapeshifted at all, preferring to simply never get seen by anyone.

Sneaking this many people into the camp proves rather trickier than Thirwin on his own, even with the help of invisibility. Still, it can be accomplished without arousing undue suspicion - the chaos tribe built their defenses to work against a direct, large scale assault, not a small band of invisible lizards.

Once within the camp, it's not too hard to dodge slaves long enough to find a private spot to become visible again.

Thirwin's "insider" is Sslezza*.
"Ah, you did come... I was beginning to get worried."
"I trust your friends understand that open assistance will hurt more than it helps?"

_____
* character description coming later - for now, suffice to say that she looks like about strength 10, charisma 29 - a stat combination that, in this sort of a might makes right society, means she's probably considered to be one of the rewards you get for being the tribe's leader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:00 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"we are only here in case things do not go as Thirwin expects. And help will be surgical unless things go terribly wrong."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:28 pm 
Lunatic

For those of you paying attention, when the sun sets, Thirwin reaches into his armor and cloak and turns his holy symbol over.

He's currently wearing the form of a large yet wiry black-scaled lizardman, with reflective, but not glowing red eyes. He wears hide-like leathers.

"I'm going by Sjach in here." He growls, "So, where is Segreth now?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"At the north end of the main camp, talking to the croc handlers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin will nod and stride off in that direction. He pulls out his holy symbol, and lets the sheer aura of intimidation around him clear the path, growling at those who don't move fast enough. He approaches the crock pen and observes Segreth chewing out the handlers. Thirwin waches only a moment, before thinking this needs to be stopped. He will issue the traditional challenge, "Segreth, you weak pathetic coward. Sjach has come for your soul."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:52 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Segreth is a massive brute, built more like a gorilla than a man, and covered in gnarled, barnacle-like scales. As you approach, you see him holding another lizard man aloft by the neck.
"Does that look ravenous to you?" he growls, and slaps his victim into the side of the cage holding the giant crocodile. "Someone fed that..."

His tirade is interrupted by Thirwin's arrival. With a wordless snarl he hefts his current victim like a club, and charges at Thirwin - only to be repulsed by a faint greenish barrier that springs into place.

"You dare call me a coward when you hide behi..."
Segreth is interrupted again, this time by the meaty thump of a dagger embedding itself in his chest.*

Segreth's eyes blaze with a sickly green light, as he roars with inarticulate fury and flings the lizard he was carrying at Thirwin. That lizard, after bouncing off the same barrier that had repulsed Segreth, desperately scrambles off to the side.

Most of the other lizardfolk in the area are also retreating at speed, though a few of the braver or cleverer ones are hiding on the far side of the crocodile's cage.
______
* Exactly where the dagger came from is not clear - though Vorel looks a trifle smug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin laughs, the insane laugh of someone either very powerful or very insane. "Good, I won't have to insist you frenzy."

He chants, calling forth the nightmares of all those who have faced such fury, all those torn asunder by rage and insanity. A shimmering black swarm made of tiny tears flows forth form his hand, each one to two inch fragment one flowing like liquid obsidian, although each maintains it's razor-sharp edge. All of them are polished to a mirror sheen that reflect moments of pain and suffering.

"Touched by death, may death claim you."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next