Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:29 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin will read the letter. "The bad news is I can't think of any agenda you would have that they would want to support. I've never heard of them doing pro-bono work before. Normally, if they don't charge money, they demand the life of the client."

He looks over the letter, giving it a taste and a close examination, "Not poisoned..." He continues, "Of course, someone else could be footing the bill. If that was the case, they could have paid to be anonymous. Or... The void might be a..." He will trail off, apparently disturbed by whatever thought he had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:35 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Eventually i am going to check with my Mentor. I have had their favor somehow since i was a child. Option one is that they are aware of the prophecy concerning the Sun lion and they either wish to support or more likely earn my trust to subvert that. Option 2, there is a minor prophecy concerning full black chromatikins. As far as I know I am the first truely all black chromatikin and the closest to fulfilling that prophecy. They could wish to support that and it would explain why they have never been willing to take out a contract on me. I'll have to check with Theodin on that one. Either way i expect them to try to eventually subvert things or charge me a price. I'll have to be careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:49 pm 
Lunatic

"They could also want Tavinoy destroyed. Or a combination of that. Void is rumored to be a council. Or it could be affiliated with a titan or other vile god." he sighs, "Well, it likely won't cause problems until further down the line. And even if that was the plan, she might side with you against them."

He sighs, tapping his dual-holy symbol under his armor, "I'd ask why I keep getting stuck with all these evil allies, but you already know the answer to that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:29 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"*sigh* She may even be willing to side with me against them. She is as hard to read as I can be when wish. I'd never know until she makes the decision.
Either way she'll make a valuable ally and their stores of money will be useful as temporary redoubts of cash for me to pay back out of the treasury that are already in place. Once I start bringing in my people and governments choose sides, the less obvious i have to be about moving around money the better."

"So, when do you expect their attack and how big is their force? Actually we should include Vorel on that planning."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 pm 
Lunatic

"The contact I made inside the tribe knows who's most loyal. I think the challenge would be best at this point, since we can then deal with the clerics without much issue. And you're right. Let's head back."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:20 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

(Assuming you explain the situation to Vorel and Epsilon)

"Well," Vorel comments, "I think you can guess my preference. Though I doubt I could stand up to a berserker like the one you described - perhaps the two of us," she gestures at Gregor, "could kill him before he could react? But such a thing is risky."
"And clerics or druids are a particular weak spot in my combat style. They are typically much harder to catch unaware."
"If we want to make this look like an internal power struggle instead of an external take-over, I should be able to disguise the two of us as, um, very mutant lizardfolk."

"That shouldn't be needed," explains Epsilon. "One of the spellbooks I found included polymorph; we can all look however we like for this. As for helping with combat, I should be able to toss out a few low level spells undetected - perhaps dispel magic on that cleric?"
"But I think my abilities would work better in a larger scale combat. Walls, poison clouds," he idly flips through a spellbook, "Plenty of ways to alter a mass combat in our favor."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

" I prefer not to kill them en masse as the clerics will most likely survive while your spells kill the slaves.
As for the berserker, while they are typically unstoppable that wears off eventually, no? Why not just put him in ottiluke's resilient sphere while we take care of the others.
As for us double teaming someone vorel, that may work really well on the clerics. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm 
Lunatic

"Epsilon, Wyrr grants me Polymorph, while Ikaria grants me the ability to disjunction the area. Perhaps... I should just handle them both." He thinks for a moment, "Two or three Allips should be able to take Segreth, which would leave me the full compliment for Grimhew. Yes, I think I can just take care of this. It's been a while since I've done that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:06 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"What are aalips and grinhew?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:19 am 
Lunatic

"Grimhew is the cleric who leads them. And an Allip strikes at the sanity, not the body, so would be able to drop the berserker rather quickly." He thinks, "I'll need to do this at night. I can't summon Allips during the day."

"Yeah, I got this..." He rambles, "I should probably ask first..."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 18 Next