Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Continued from Chapter XV.

Looks like this group consists of Gregor, Thirwin, Epsilon, and one rat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:25 pm 
Lunatic

"Well, I suppose we have a lot of work to do. What I'm hoping for, is a way to properly contain and perhaps interrogate Tain. I'm also looking towards Tavinoy as a possible 'The fall of a would-be emperor.' If you need help with the Lizard men, I'd be glad to go with Gregor. As well as find out the truth to the social issues your people face."

He shrugs, "Epsilon, I was looking to learn some of the basics of proper wizarding, if you know that. And I would like to run the spell I'm thinking of past both of you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Kailyn was having the same thoughts about the emperor of Tavinoy. As for the lizard men, I can handle the negotiations with the Lizard men. What i'd need from you is help with purification magics, healing magics, making the evironment friendlier and the like. In short the types of things you'd only do well during the day. My plan is to negotiate a mutual defense pact and use the magics you can do to make raiding unnecessary. basically using our coming here as a way to help them be self suffucient and not have to worry about Tavinoy as much. Now tell me about this spell, you are planning. Once you are done a short word in private would be good."

(ooc we can handle that out of the thread)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 pm 
Lunatic

"Well, negative energy can infest living creatures, making them sick and weak. So... what would happen if you were to do the inverse? Use positive energies to impart some semblance of positive energy or life infection in an undead. If it works, I might be able to alter the Darkskull to radiate it instead. the goal is to use it on Tain, so that even if he gets out he's stuck without the protections that undeath offers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:19 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

*gregor shivers and flexes his wings*

"Seems kinder to murder something in it's sleep than that. Suddenly making something hungry, thirsty, tired and feeling hot and cold after centuries, possibly thousands of years, seems horribly cruel. Why are you so obsessed with Tain? Either he can be redeemed or he cannot. First and foremost that is a matter of personality, not condition. What about his personality makes you think he can be redeemed?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin looks at Gregor, "Redeem? I just thought he might have some information we could use, and an item that would radiate such an effect would help the defense of the temple. More of a proof of concept. I expect Tain would need to be destroyed, but he could at least plead his point. I mean, he was sent to help us against the paladins for some reason."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:06 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Epsilon starts to answer Thirwin's question - but then decides to stay out of the ensuing conversation. Instead, he pulls out a spellbook he found in the treasure and starts reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin tentatively adds, "He was really screwed by his God's idiocy. The paladins seems nice enough, and helped us in the fight against Tain. Although I have no idea why they left so soon, I thought they were here to cleanse the temple."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"He was sent to help you against the paladins because we were sent to kill you and Tycho did not want that. What did you think me and Sorgath were arguing about when you walked up. We were told you were all sent to destroy the world. Obviously by someone who held to the other view of the prophecy. I believed we would do better to let ou explain yourselves and cleanse the temple. I found that more important.

And yes redeem. If he has information and doesn't want to dispense it we aren't going to get it. I am not going to torture a being, ANY BEING, to get information.

As, for making the temple proof against undead, there are other ways to accomplish that. To take something already so tainted with negavtive energy and make into some living/unliving imalgamization would just further bastardize their existence. What are we trying to prove?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:57 am 
Lunatic

"You got them on our side?" Thirwin pauses focusing on that first. "Thank you. I had no idea."

He sighs, "It seems then that Tycho or some other god mislead the paladins. I think that's why Nathrezell gives me strait answers. Because he knows that no one else will. Like that stupid guardian lying about having useful information about the third age, and then vanishing before I could ask the one question that would have actually helped me."

"I am a creature of both positive and negative energies. This will help me learn, and may provide us with a very effective weapon. Also, by understanding the warping effects of negative energy, the lens through which a demon or vampire's perceptions are twisted, it might help..." He pauses, "It might help me control myself better at night."