Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:06 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

It takes little time to gather those few among the tribe who haven't already shown up.

Sslezza reports that all of those that were really openly loyal to Tycho appear to have fled with Grimhew - making a total of seven* in his exile.
There are a two relatively weak clerics left - but they're more loyal to power than any particular god, and could easily be convinced to convert.

_____
* It occurs to me that it might be useful to define just how big a tribe this is. So here goes**:
14 experienced warriors (well, that's what's left, anyway).
~20 warriors not experienced enough to survive going out into the swamp in groups of three or less.
~10 warriors in training - most quite young.
~10 children too young to be classified as either warriors in training or slaves.
~40 slaves
12 captured demons deemed useful enough to keep around.
Assorted pets and other local monsters - such as the beholder-crown crocodile.

** These numbers may be slightly off, as I must admit I have little real world experience with barbaric lizard folk tribes. If you think they're off, let me know, and I may tinker with them. Or I may not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:45 pm 
Lunatic

Sjach walks up and addresses the tribe, delivering the speech with expert skill.

"Life is hard. You have been told that your lives are meaningless unless you fight. You were taught to fight without honor, without anything but victory in mind. Your lives are worth more than that."

"Your mutations have taken from you many choices. Of where you live, of what you can be. Today I restore those. As of today, no one will tell you who to worship. As of today, I will seek to restore what was taken from you by Grimhew and those like him. Ones that only saw you as mutants and warped."

"I see lizardfolk. I will bring you back your pride. But you will have to trust me."

"Those who do not like my vision will be allowed to leave. Those who wish to challenge me for leadership may step forward. I only insist that you listen to Sjach, and think about my words."

"There are no more slaves in this village. Tomorrow, we will start rebuilding. Tonight, I have food for the entire tribe."

Thirwin will look around, "Now is the time to challenge Sjach if you wish."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The general reaction to Sjach's speech seems to be "Ah, another insane leader. We can deal with that." A few of the lizardfolk seem a bit more thoughtful, as if they actually have some clue of what Thirwin was trying to say.

Still, the comment on "time to challenge" does bring one immediate response; one of the warriors in the front of the gathering simply hefts his club and charges at Sjach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:30 pm 
Lunatic

The large lizardman 'blocks' it with his forearm, more clearly revealing the white dragonscale bracers as the club strikes. Blood splatters from the rapidly closing wound, not nearly as deep as it should be, and suddenly only the unmarred white scales remain. *

A giant earthen hand erupts from the ground around the offender. Sjach waits to make sure the elemental has a good grip before he asks, "Are you done?"

-----------------------

* Those of you with spellcraft may note this is not a spell but rather a special ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:01 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Yes."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 am 
Lunatic

the elemental puts the lizardman down and slides into the earth.

Thirwin continues, "Very well then, I need to attend to the demons, while I do that..." He will cast Hero's Feast, creating a huge banquet of food. "So long as there is no more violence tonight, all may enjoy."

He specifically turns to the lizardman that attacked, "You too."

Leaving Sslezza and the others to make sure everyone is civil. Thirwin heads to the demons chained in camp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:07 pm 
Lunatic

Unless someone wants to follow, Sjach returns within 30 minutes to an hour, and sits down to eat and observe the tribe. He will insist that the ex-slaves get to eat also, if needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

In deference to Sjach's power (and presumably helped along by Gregor, Vorel, and Epsilon), there are no serious fights amongst the lizardfolk tonight.

In fact, unless someone wants to do something else, I think we can declare:
End Chapter XVIII.

Continued in Chapter XX.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18