Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:20 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora, now lacking the protection of other viable targets, hastily vaults off the edge of the behemoth's shell and down to the warlock-possessed Eenyrl's crystallized body. Runed dagger in one hand and the faintest hints of fire flicking about the other, the black-haired caster scans the surrounding area carefully.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:07 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart seems unfazed by the lightning, although he spares a moment for a quick nod of thanks to Kailyn. He finally focuses his gaze at the behemoth, points at it and, despite the crackling aura around him, fires a green ray at the behemoth. Stewart snarls at the resulting pits and scars and flips his other hand up to fire again. This one hits the same weakened spot of armor and while the energies seem to be scattered slightly a better than man-sized chunk of armor turns to dust. Stewart still seems less than satisfied by the effect but is at least somewhat mollified.

His construct is single-mindedly continuing its fight with the behemoth. However, something seems a little odd about the rhythm of the fight. It lands a pair of solid hits, but only because the behemoth seems to move into it's attacks, almost as if it was pushed towards the attacks.
______
146, 53

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:24 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Spotting an omnious black gem on a windowsill behind the behemoth, Ametrine loses interest in Naralex and his book, and instead flies at full speed to acquire and inspect the gem. He studies the gem for a moment to determine whether it is magical or not, then spots a hancuffed gnoll through the window.

After stowing the gem, Ametrine proceeds through the window and tries to wake up the gnoll to find out what he's doing in there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Ametrine: The gem is not magic per se, but it is currently the focus of a spell - given what you overheard Stewart say, probably a temporary soul container. Pocketing it before that's undone might be a little rude (and potentially quite lethal to those involved.) Unsurprisingly, given that context, the gnoll does not respond to any attempt to awaken him.
Corax follows Ametrine into the building, having apparently decided that stealth is irrelevant.

The behemoth, denied any targets directly above it, lashes out with its eye rays in all directions. Three miss Ametrine and Corax entirely - it's not even clear which of the two the behemoth was aiming at; three focus on Stewart (to minimal effect), and three more lance out towards Naralex - where they are stopped by a faintly glowing wall that the lich conjures up with a bored gesture. The last eye, not in position to hit any target at all, simply lances into the side of a nearby building, where it accomplishes exactly nothing.

Undead flesh writhes and squirms within the hole Stewart punched in the side of the behemoth, and three new tentacles manage to worm their way out past its shell. One, tipped with a fanged mouth, joins the general assault on Stewart's construct; the other two end in eyes, and fire two new rays at the hrassa - one fiery red, one inky black. Neither seems to accomplish much, though a hint of flame joins the aura of stored electricity around Stewart.

Kailyn, seeing that Stewart seems to be in no great need of healing right this second, trots over to Aurora - where a healing tap from his horn is punctuated by a slightly confused snort, and an odd look at the warlock.

And there's one new arrival on the scene: Sylvia (the elven grad student from the university, whose name I don't think Stewart or Aurora ever thought to ask...) arrives from the south, riding a phantom horse through the air, just above rooftop level. "Hm. This isn't quite what I was expecting from the racket..." she comments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Realizing the purpose of the gem, Ametrine sheepishly sets it back down.

He now travels to the newest person, the elven lady on the flying phantom horse, to hopefully inquire as to what she was expecting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart looks at the new tentacles with something close to outright disgust. "This may be more difficult than I thought. Time for plan B."

The construct currently standing before the behemoth flies up, grabs a particular tentacle and rips it free. On the behemoth's flank, an unseen force does the same to another tentacle. Finally, ectoplasm bursts forth around the behemoth, rapidly solidifying and encasing it.

Stewart blinks in mild surprise. "That worked. Now I have time to make a plan B."
______
134, 79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 pm 
Lunatic

Clued in by a flicker of movement on the far side of the behemoth, Aurora spots the source of Eenyrl's discommodation and shoots between the behemoth's legs with surprising speed and agility. Scooping up the offending gem as she passes through the window, she gives it a glance somewhere between irritated and resigned. She bends down and touches the prone gnoll warlock with a finger. A flicker of dull energy and she deftly pockets a stylized hyena figurine and glides back out of the room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Naralex closes the book with a snap, and puts it away. "Well, much as I'd like to stick around and see how you dispose of it, I suppose I should skip out of town before too many annoying paladins show up." And Naralex teleports away.

Ametrine:
"Well, it sounded like a blue dragon," explains Sylvia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:46 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart watches the departing gnolls with interest and a bit of fire dancing on his fingertip. As he does, he walks towards Sylvia and Ametrine. When he gets near, he calls out "Do either of you have a good place to put a huge, zombie creating, lightning spewing, beholder stuffed, undead crab?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:51 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Sylvia drops down to ground level. "No, I don't think I do. I mean, the monster research department would love to get something like this... but I don't think they could actually contain it."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next