Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1416 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 pm 
Needs a Guide

Hatcher wanders over. "I see you have found plenty of people to talk with. Maya, that was a very unique curtsey." Hatcher finishes his last sentence with a smirk. Turning to Kaina, he says "Hello, mother, how's repopulation(of the desert) going? Wedding preparations are moving along nicely. I assume you heard that Korgin is showing up, and i've made another row* of seating for him. Of course, the question still remains why he'd bother to show up. Do you have any clues, or is it one of the normal reasons?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Actually, I do need to talk to you about that. Specifically, about the defensibility of this wedding site; I'm thinking a few short cliffs around the edges, with some nice exposed ramps leading up to us. Perhaps some quicksand, if you think you can make it last long enough..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:41 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Well, I can certainly make the wooded areas impassable and steepen the hill faces, though..." Hatcher checks the ground, "the ground isn't really right for quicksand, unfortunately. And the steep face over on the east can easily be turned into a cliff, leaving only two entrances, the back and the one on the west where Korgin will be sitting. I'm sure I can make a couple of traps, probably pitfalls, but probably not enough to deter anything Korgin would care about. Now we should at least have a fair bit of warning before anything shows up."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:24 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Nehmet watches with unveiled curiosity as the terrain shifts to match Hatcher's changes to his map. Still, her question is addressed to Kaina: "What do you expect to be attacking?"

Kaina shrugs. "I don't know. But, well, if Korgy is bothering to show up, I think we can expect some kind of major fight."

"I'd guess ogres or hill giants," volunteers Emer. "Only local things dumb enough and ornery enough."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:14 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "We're expecting a battle? This is my kind of wedding."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:28 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Well," says Emer, "It sounds like there's going to be a bit more of a battle than we were actually planning on."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:39 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "Good thing we were invited then, right Fang?"

Fang who was busy nipping playfully at Fierce: "Huh?"

Maya sighs: "We'll help as best we can, we could use a little action."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:20 pm 
Needs a Guide

"I'm sure it would help if a member of your pack would like to guard the rear hillside. You are probably capable of much faster and more conspicuous communication then any other guards i could post there. And, of course, any help in the actual battle would be greatly appriciated. Though many of the guests are fairly capable of handling themselves, I'd prefer it not come to that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:44 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "Fierce, Fang, think you both can see to that?"

Fierce: "I'm sure we can manage."

Fang just wags tail slightly

Maya: "And no playing while on the job. Save the goo goo eyes for later."

Fang: "What, we weren't..."

Fierce: "Just come along Fang."

Fang grumbles glaring at Maya.

Maya just smiles back at him and finger waves bye bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:47 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The wedding goes relatively normally - to the extent that a wedding involving a dragon, a clan of werecats, and various and sundry local (and not so local) fey can possibly be considered normal.

The high point of the planned festivities - at least from Maya's point of view - is probably the battle between Merlin and Dazzle. It's in there as a nod to blue dragon customs, where the practice of hitting your intended over the head and then dragging him home has never quite gone out of style. Dazzle wins, though the battle is surprisingly close.*

And, of course**, it's all of five seconds later when Fierce and Fang report a large group of trolls and hill giants approaching from the north.

_____
* The results are somewhat skewed by the nonlethal nature of the combat; had, for example, Dazzle been able to freely use her lightning breath, the fight would have been rather more decisive.

** Murphy's law strikes again. Or maybe it's the power of Cynematiks? Whichever.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1416 Next