Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:42 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The trip out and back to Vorel's home is uneventful. Again, there are no signs of whatever it was that demolished the grate into the castle.

And it's not much longer before Englesworth shows up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:53 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "We've found the source of the ping, it is an individual named Kerberose. He's imprisioned by a demon lord, but apparently she's rarely there. I've decided to mount a rescue attempt, I'll need you to acquire me a water breathing scroll. What have you found out?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:00 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Englesworth seems momentarily at a loss for words.
"Well, er, nothing quite that impressive... But I'll start with this - I found it on my way back, and I suspect it's of more immediate import than the rest of what I discovered."

He hands you a rolled up sheet of paper. It's a wanted poster for Maya - something about assaulting one of the Kingsguard. Reward for information leading to her capture is posted at two hundred platinum; actually bringing her in (dead or alive) is "open to negotiation," though adventurers are advised that she is "armed and dangerous."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:05 pm 
Lunatic

Fang growls.

Maya's eyes darken as much as pure black eyes can darken. "This nonsense is why I despise civilization, if I was in charge such idiocy would not happen. People are so stupid!" She's fuming. "I barely touched the guy and they're calling it assault! If I see him again I'm going to TEAR HIS GODDAMN HEAD OFF!!! Then, THEN they'll have a REAL reason to go after me."

Fierce: "Calm down Maya, this is not the best way to handle this."

Fang: "I kinda like her idea."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"I'd advise against it. Right now, most of the serious adventurers know that these are almost certainly either trumped up charges or that the King's guard deserved whatever he got - though some might be curious why they've set the bounty so high. Adding murder to the list, though... would not go over well."

"In any case, I was also able to get some information on why that Flodmore fellow might be after you. I found this in one of the storage rooms in the Arthen embassy." He hauls a large portrait out of his backpack. At first glance it seems to be a portrait of Maya, albeit dressed in noble's clothing. A second look reveals a few subtle differences, but the resemblance is still clear and unmistakeable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:45 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "Mother?"

Fierce looking very thoughtful.

Fang snorting annoyed: "You humans all look alike, it's probably just a coincidence."

Maya turning all her attention to Englesworth all anger draining from her, her voice almost pleading: "Please find out who she is, and... if she had any children."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"She was the queen of Arthen, about two decades ago. Given the questionable circumstances of her disappearance, I expect Flodmore was just trying to curry favor with the new king by presenting proof that her line had ended. Of course," he nods to Fang, "it could just be coincidence. I might be able to track down someone who'd know for sure, but that will take more time, perhaps as much as a week. It depends on how quickly I can get access to the university library, and how obscure the references are..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "Well we need the scroll first. But please get on that, it's important."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:30 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"The scroll should be simple enough. And I'll let you know when I find out how to track down the Winterwyld. But I'll also let you know right now: I'm not going with you if you go talk to them. I've had a few encounters with fey, and I'd rather not have another."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 am 
Lunatic

Maya: "Winterwyld? What do they have to do with any of this?"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next