Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:13 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Null turns its attention back to you. "Hm... No, I don't think I need to kill you either." And then it casts a spell and vanishes (plane shift, if you're curious.)

Scrit lands by Mirri and helps her up.

"Ugh," comments Mirri. "That... was not what I was expecting from a white dragon that size. I've fought a few before, but none with even close to that level of power."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:19 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I guess the conversation has ended," says Ametrine unhappily, before turning to Mirri. He decides not to correct her 'white dragon' comment and instead wanders around the forest for something else to talk to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

There doesn't seem to be much else around that talks. I mean, you can always try talking to deer and trees and rocks, but none of them are talking back today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:31 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby decorously pours Michael a glass of red wine before returning to his seat, leaving the crystal decanter on the end table. He seems like a man whose conscious mind, being preoccupied with urgent business, has delegated routine interaction with the physical world to some promising young mental protégé. "There are several difficulties here," he says at last. "First, it necessary to ascertain what has happened; second, we must learn why it has happened, and third, we must discover what to do about it." He sips contemplatively from his own glass of wine.

"The Greywind estate has been assaulted by demons. We have repelled these demons only with assistance from two unexpected quarters, both newly arisen, which are presumed to have acted independently, albeit with obscure motives.

It is not clear why this post was attacked, nor why demons attacked it, nor precisely why either Cass or the disciples of Illara intervened in our favor. Our second objective is at an impasse, and so we cannot rationally proceed to the third."

He is silent for a minute, his eyes calmly regarding a horizon beyond the wall.

"Theories do present themselves, don't they, Michael?

Keep an eye on Cass. Intercept adventurers seeking her-- deter the ineffective and confer with the knowledgeable. Do not make this strategy apparent; Cass is not stupid. It is unlikely that we will gain much information about her activities in the tunnels without revealing a great deal about ourselves, but watch for any opportunities. Perhaps it would be best to delegate a liaison to deal with her, as a sign of gratitude and goodwill on our part. This person should not know too much.

It will be much easier to monitor the adherents of Illara. They may be sincere, and they may not be; I know too little about them to judge. Seek to prevent friction between them and the soldiers who remain here. It will serve no useful purpose.

That is what I humbly advise you," he concludes, initiating another pause.

"I myself must consider which powers might wish to employ demons against the House Greywind, and which powers might do far more than wish. A convenient means by which the two of us could exchange information over a distance would be quite a blessing, I imagine..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:03 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Michael nods. "Perhaps Ametrine could help with that? He certainly seems to fly fast enough..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Ametrine uses the invocation of his name to appear and deposit his countenance into the bottle of spirits.

After a hearty quaff, he responds. "Sure! I can ferry message between you two!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:55 am 
Missing Some Marbles

"I'm afraid that particular drink is rather expensive, Ametrine," says Willoughby. "We shouldn't drink too much of it at once, or we'll run out of it very quickly.

I imagine that you would tire of your role as courier. I have another plan in mind; however, it will require me to travel to the city of Greenspring, to converse with the magical academy there. The Lady Eleanor presently resides in this location as well, and I should attend to her in any case. Is a sorcerous means of communication acceptable to you, Michael?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Michael laughs. "If I objected to sorcery, do you really thing I'd still be working for the Greywinds?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:09 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby smiles a restrained smile. "Point taken. In that case, I shall head to Greenspring with all speed. I'd enjoy it if you accompanied me, Ametrine, should you desire to do so." Rising out of the chair with his characteristic poise, he collects the decanter and heads towards the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I dunno..." says Ametrine, looking away for a moment before a big smile plays across his face.

"Oh, who am I kidding? I'd love to tag along!" Ametrine takes off from the table and assumes a position besides Mr. Willoughby at face level.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next