Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 am 
Lunatic

Maya approaches Willoughby, Fang has apparently run off to find the bard somewhere: "Who are the newcomers?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:35 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"They appear to be adherents to a small, newly-formed religion originating in the capital," Willoughby observes, having become visible once more. "I know little else."

Having said that, Willoughby makes his way down from the roof and towards the clerics. He proceeds with customary stealth, intending to make his usual sudden yet unobtrusive entrance. He relies on skill rather than magic, judging that sorcery conquers sorcery.

After all, greeting guests is part of a butler's job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Hey, Mr. Willoughby!" says Ametrine. "This person is Illara, the Lady of Fire and her staff is much cooler!" he adds, handing his staff back. "It disintegrates serpents! I want one!"

Ametrine gets close to Mr. Willoughyb and adds in a whisper, "She talks about herself in third person; I think she's kind of strange."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:51 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby appears slightly behind the cleric. "Good afternoon, Ms. Illara, Lady of Fire. Welcome to the upper reaches of the Greywind Estate. My name is Mr. Willoughby, the butler. I would like to invite you and your compatriots to a celebratory dinner, to be held in our humble fortification."

After a moment, he inquires:

"Would you be so kind as to allow me to examine your serpent-disintegrating staff? It is much cooler than my own."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The woman sighs. "I am Kathryn, a follower of the goddess Illara. And, as I explained to your yellow friend, the staff is but a focus for Her power. However, I do accept your invitation to dinner."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"You lied to me!" Ametrine says with a frown. "And I was hoping to have dinner with a goddess, too."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Dining with a goddess might well be a a singular experience," Wllloughby muses. "Although I have been told that some of them can be a bit touchy."

"My apologies, Kathryn. My yellow friend is named Ametrine. He is a courageous and charming fellow.

I myself do not follow any gods or goddesses, I'm afraid. I serve a lower power."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:21 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Kathryn chooses to simply nod and follow for the moment, apparently wary of saying anything that could be misinterpreted by Ametrine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:26 am 
Missing Some Marbles

Willoughby leads Kathryn, and the soldiers, towards the fort, looking slightly more cheerful than usual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:52 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Dinner proceeds with suitable decorum - and much merriment, particularly among the local defenders.

Kathryn proves remarkably tight-lipped, especially around Ametrine.

However, it's easy enough to get the story from one of the soldiers who got portaled in.

About three weeks ago, the followers of Illara approached King Darien IV, saying they had received visions of demons attacking Castle Greywind, and asking him to send troops to the region. The king, of course, refused.

And that was the way things stayed, until this morning, when a rather bedraggled messenger finally arrived, and (after some deliberation), Darien finally deigned to allow a few soldiers to head north. Fortunately, one of the officers was a follower of Illara, and contacted the church to arrange for rapid transportation.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next