Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 am 
Lunatic

"It would give you the ability to tell people 'Why no, we don't have an arcane lab set up with torture devices and demonic summoning accoutrements in our palace' because it would be, technically. And yes demon. I suspect it was leftover, so to speak, from the previous owner."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:19 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Right. So we need to pay you, not just for this prisoner, but also for removing a clear threat to the city. Yes, I think I probably can just give you the whole lab and contents. Er, assuming that this demon is actually dead or banished or whatever it is you do to demons... I'm afraid that's a bit outside my experience."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 am 
Lunatic

"It looked rather dead last I saw it, I doubt it will be a problem again unless someone resummons it and since to my understanding the person who did so last time is dead that's not likely to be a problem in that set of rooms at least." Aurora directs the priestess to move forward and the continues. "She should remain... ah... docile for a little over two weeks. There's a chance it could break early, so I'd suggest you finish what business you have quickly, but it should hold till then."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Good. And that should be plenty of time, thank you."

"Oh, yes - I know the seneschal is planning to sell the manor; if you want the lab, you'd have to either make your own arrangements with whoever buys it, or find some other way in. If you're still interested, I should have the paperwork done within an hour or two." She sighs. "Mr. Sketton may do a good job of keeping everything running... but I do wish there was a bit less bureaucratic nonsense involved."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:50 pm 
Lunatic

"Gaining entrance shouldn't be a problem, unless the new owner decides to appropriate the rooms or drops a field to block magical transportation." There's a definite sense of amusement about Aurora as she speaks again, "And yes, I believe I am still interested."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:20 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Very well then. I'll see how quickly I can get that done for you."

And, indeed, it is about two hours later that Morgan (muttering about uncooperative clerks) hands you the deed to Arthos' old lab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:22 pm 
Lunatic

While waiting for the paperwork to be finished, Aurora heads down to the lab to see if Thirwin is still present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:53 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin is chatting with the rats and Malakai, discussing plans to keep trade in check and build up a guild. Thirwin will take time from that to see what you're interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Lunatic

"So I seem to have come into possession of this lab complex. Depending on how much of the hallway I can manage to squirrel away with it I'd be interested in negotiating a rent of sorts and letting your rat friends stay in part of here." Aurora glances around. "The one real thing this place lacks, as the rest of the palace is being separately sold to another as-of-yet unknown buyer, is an independent entrance..." The spellcaster trails off, the last sentence obviously an inquiry as to the feasibility of such an endeavor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:22 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin looks over to where some o the rats are gnawing and reinforcing tunnels in the walls. "I would expect at least one of them to go through the local assassin's guild. If you wanted something else, that's fairly easy. My elemental can dig the hole in a few hours I think." He shrugs, "Of course, the guild will find it's own place. no need for rent."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next