Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2426 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:56 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora snorts in amusement. "Somehow I think it's the other way around," she addresses the rat seemingly without batting an eye at the fact that it's, well, a rat. The priest over there asked a favor of his god and depending on how you look at it either got more than what he asked for or precisely what he asked for." Aurora glances at Thirwin, then back at the rat. "So that his efforts weren't entirely in vain, did any of you happen to see what occurred when that... ah... clawed giant out in the hall was killed?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:49 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin nods, "While you're at it, can you bring the fallen here? In the circle?" He starts another ritual, his backpack rustling and pushing a few candles out the top. Thirwin places them at the four directions and begins chanting again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:47 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The rats, though puzzled by Thirwin's request, are still happy to comply - they understand well enough to connect Thirwin with the giant berserker rats he summoned to aid their cause.

While that work is going on, the curious rat addresses Aurora. "Well... the thing that attacked it was big - bigger than any two of you, even, and black, and had lots of claws. And teeth. I didn't get a very good look, though; it seemed as if there was something in the way, and then there were those huge blasts of fire, and then it was gone and that," it gestures at the dead demon on the floor, "was lying there like that and there was fire everywhere and then the fire went away and we finally had an opening to get rid of those spiders, and..." He runs out of breath for a moment, though it seems likely he'll continue if given the opportunity.

For those capable of seeing the invisible, the guardian (or a beast very much like it) tosses its head in irritation, and steps backwards into the wall - where it vanishes from sight entirely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:16 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin continues his ritual, the circle starting to pulse. he asks that those who ask for help be brought back, that they might learn. When he has brought back as many rats as he can, he will pause long enough to say, "That sounds like the guardian. As I said, I think he hates demons. I'm guessing whatever happened to his god infused him with dark energies." he seems oddly (well, maybe not that odd I guess) oblivious to whatever just left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, it's gone now. For better or worse. I wonder if it was the same one. Guess we need to keep an eye out for it now."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:07 am 
Lunatic

Aurora walks over and looks into the next room over. If the rat trails off thinking she's lost interest, she motions for it to continue. As she scans the next room, she tries to figure out how she wants to handle turning the priestess over. The priestess may well manage to point a finger at Luma, and while Aurora wouldn't be overly heartbroken about that she's been seen to have associated with Luma recently and doesn't want to get caught up in the blame game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:45 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Thirwin: Your efforts are sufficent to return most of the fallen rats to life; it's a far easier task than raising a similar number humans would have been. And the casualties were light to start with.

Aurora: Since you indicated interest, the rat keeps chattering, and follows you. "Oh, wow, this place is nice; wonderful carpets to chew on. And... is that water over there?" The rat perches on the edge of the water trough for a moment before falling in, and then happily splashing along upstream after you.

The room to the left of the entrance appears to have been a storage room. Crates are stacked in haphazard piles. One near the front is open, and contains a set of blank stone tablets - unused rune stones for his summoning circle, most likely. Another one near the front contains some old, unopened, wine bottles. If there's anything magical in here, though, it's quite well buried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:11 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin smiles at the rats, "There's another I wanted you to meet. Perhaps help you live down here. It will take a while, but I'll summon him for you. If you could, help my companions with whatever information they need."

He looks over at Stewart, "Can you give me a hand with the runes for the circle? And don't worry, I'll be summoning something friendly."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:18 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"I'm not generally one for divine magics, but I'll provide what assistance I can."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:47 am 
Lunatic

With a cheer that borders on disturbing, Thirwin shrugs, "That's okay. I just need help finding appropriate runes to extend duration, something for rats, and maybe rogues. Preferable something that can be read 'Malakai'. He's been wanting to found a temple for some time, and I figured he'd be good to make sure things don't get out of hand here when we leave."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2426 Next